• American experts are claiming that China is going to fail in Afghanista

From Rusty Wyse@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jan 15 10:28:59 2022
    China - World Leader. ·
    Follow
    Answered by
    Greg Forda
    Jan 8
    American experts are claiming that China is going to fail in Afghanistan. Why do you think that China will succeed or fail?
    The US went in with tanks, fighter jets, armored vehicles, bombs and soldiers to kill.
    China is going in with cement, steel, drills, hammers, computers and engineers to build.
    Here’s a trick question: Who’s going to get your invitation to your country?

2.9K viewsView 71 upvotesSubmission accepted by
    Beng Lee
    Profile photo for Rusty Wyse

Profile photo for Peter Chan
    Peter Chan

· January 8
    If Western journalists are to answer this question l, they would point out that all the tanks, jets, bombs… are to deliver “freedom and democracy” with hundred thousands of “acceptable collateral” civilian deaths.

Profile photo for Epstein Lance
    Epstein Lance

· Thu
    Please capitalise F and D in freedom and democracy. Those are now proper nouns not just adjectives.

Profile photo for Loke Seng Onn
    Loke Seng Onn
    · 12h ago
    Also put ™ to show these are proprietary US versions, not what ordinary people think they mean.

Epstein Lance

· 8h ago
    Indeed true.

Profile photo for Loke Seng Onn
    Profile photo for Allan Kay
    Allan Kay

· January 8
    I think that for the last 20 years, the US has dropped more bombs and brought in more war machines into Afghanistan in terms of total weight than building materials for infrastructure.

Epstein Lance

· Thu
    😂😂

Profile photo for Zhuzi
    Zhuzi

· January 8
    Great answer! Thank you!

Profile photo for Birn Ramos
    Birn Ramos
    · Thu
    The difference between this two..

One is Bomb Bomb Bomb

The other one is Built Built Built..

Profile photo for David Casey
    David Casey
    · Thu
    I'm sure the Soviets tried the infrastructure, health and social care and education route and got chased out as well. All the best like, it would be good if you guys can pull it off.

Profile photo for Greg Forda
    Greg Forda
    · Thu
    So David, you’ve never heard of the Soviet invasion on Dec. 24, 1979? I don’t blame you. You’re not alone.

David Casey
    · Thu
    I have heard the Soviets invaded yes.

Greg Forda
    · Thu
    And you still compared that to the Chinese?

David Casey
    · Thu
    Well, the Soviets didn't just invade did they? They were invited, started building things up then got embroiled in the internal conflict?

Greg Forda
    · Thu
    Please do some digging on this. I’ll be right here.

David Casey
    · Thu
    I can't study up on everything, it's just not possible. This is why I love Quora, people who do know better can tell me. If ice got it wrong then stop teasing me and just say so.

Greg Forda
    · Thu
    David, please note that I’ve not in anyway disrespected or teased you. Yes, I was direct but that’s just me being me. Below is the Russian version from Pravda News reporting on what happened on Dec. 1979. The Western version is all over the Internet.

Author`s name Dmitry Sudakov

28.12.2009 09:08

No One Knows Why USSR Started War in Afghanistan

History, traditions

On December 25, 2009 Russia marked 30 years since the beginning of the Soviet military campaign in Afghanistan. Soviet troops crossed the border between the USSR and Afghanistan on December 25, 1979 at about 3:00 p.m. Moscow time. The event marked the
    beginning of the large-scale military operation the goal of which was a mystery to all. Neither the members of the Communist Party administration, nor Soviet marshals knew exactly why the USSR had to enter the territory of Afghanistan, The Rossiiskaya
    Gazeta newspaper wrote.

No One Knows Why USSR Started War in Afghanistan

The Soviet Union lost 15,051 people in total during the years of the Afghan war. Over 250 soldiers and officers are still considered missing. One day of the war supposedly cost the USSR 5 billion rubles, although there is no official information to
    confirm that. American experts calculated that maintaining only one US soldier in Afghanistan nowadays costs the States $1 million a year.

Many experts say nowadays that the West failed to learn the USSR’s lessons in the Afghan war, claiming that coalition troops may repeat the fate of the Soviet troops in the war-torn country.

Читайте больше на https://english.pravda.ru/history/111437-ussr_afghanistan/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)