• Is there really a problem with human rights in China?

From Rusty Wyse@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jan 9 11:38:23 2022
    Mia Brown
    ยท
    Follow
    Studied World Literatures & Chinese (language)Dec 23
    Is there really a problem with human rights in China?

Every time I answer a question about "human rights in China," I get frustrated. Because the exchanges and debates around the topic have been so thoroughly tarnished by Washington. The issue of human rights has become increasingly removed from its own
    meaning and has become a classic geopolitical game. So I've grown tired of debating with people who firmly believe that China has a human rights problem. When they talk about human rights in China, their focus is always on the tiny minority that
    confronts China's constitutional system, and they are indifferent to the content of human rights that is fundamental to China and most important to the general public. They don't even seem to be interested in China's efforts to reduce and eliminate
    inequities in everything from education to health care, to increase poverty alleviation, to strengthen the rule of law, to increase the rate of petition resolution, and so on.

The Chinese are not stupid, the Chinese are not retarded, and the Chinese are not brainwashed. If there is a real human rights problem in China, you don't need to worry, they will resist, and no political party can withstand the power of 1.4 billion
    Chinese people. It is because the Chinese people have witnessed the stark contrast between the Chinese government's all-out effort to fight the epidemic and the U.S. government's disregard for the lives of the people that they are convinced that the
    Chinese must value their human rights more than the Americans do. This is more effective than any amount of preaching and propaganda. China, as a rapidly growing society with a huge population, is not easy to govern itself, which is why they are very
    strict about "confronting the political system" -It does not mean that China is not doing a good job of building human rights. That's why I find it ridiculous when the US and some small European countries with a few million people tell China what to do.
    They are like little kids driving go-karts in a park who want to teach the driver of a giant truck how to take the wheel.

No one can deny that the vast majority of people's rights derive from the continued stable development of the country. To destabilize China and curb its development is to fundamentally deprive the Chinese people of their rights, and the U.S. government
    today is the greatest threat to human rights in China. Take, for example, the Hong Kong affair, where the core issue is restoring order, and the U.S. labels it a human rights issue and encourages violence and protest. Then there is the Xinjiang Re-
    education Center, which is simply an organization that trains Uyghurs to help them acquire skills for better employment, and is smeared by the U.S. as a concentration camp for genocide. These actions are unlikely to promote "better human rights" in Hong
    Kong or Xinjiang, but they do add to the problems and costs of China's rise.

I don't know if my answer to this question is what you want, but it's all from the bottom of my heart. As always, when you talk about human rights, first ask the people of that country. If you really want to know the human rights situation in China, you
    can visit China and take a look or do some research there. If you can be objective and respectful, you will be welcome.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)