• Should China get out of Tibet and Xinjiang? - Should the US get out of

From Rusty Wyse@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jan 3 09:46:33 2022
    Peter Chan
    ·
    Follow
    Amateur HistorianFri
    Should China get out of Tibet and Xinjiang?
    The Question: Should China get out of Tibet and Xinjiang?

My answer: Considering the kind of question and its content, I think I will save readers a lot of time from reading my detailed analysis and reasoning. Instead of these, I will simply have a counter question:

Should the US get out of Hawaii, Alaska, California, Texas, and Louisiana?

Hawaii was acquired by warfare
    Alaska was purchased in 1959 from Russia
    California was “sold” to the US as a condition of Mexico surrender in 1848, thus acquired through warfare
    Texas same as California
    Louisiana was purchased from the French in 1803.
    Most of these lands belong to Native American (beside Hawaii). How can the French and American sell and purchase stolen lands? With massive genocide no less.
    Now, you will ask, China did too. Yes, China annexed Tibet in 1206. Xinjiang was a nomad land with no owner. Many tribes of people came and went. In 1800s, Qing dynasty officially took Xinjiang as part of Qing empire.

So if Americans demand China to do the right thing and return ill gotten lands by warfare and invasion back to rightful owners, perhaps America should lead by example and return these lands to their rightful owners.

These lands, to these people.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Rusty Wyse@21:1/5 to Rusty Wyse on Mon Jan 3 09:59:19 2022
    On Monday, January 3, 2022 at 9:46:35 AM UTC-8, Rusty Wyse wrote:
    Peter Chan
    ·
    Follow
    Amateur HistorianFri
    Should China get out of Tibet and Xinjiang?
    The Question: Should China get out of Tibet and Xinjiang?

My answer: Considering the kind of question and its content, I think I will save readers a lot of time from reading my detailed analysis and reasoning. Instead of these, I will simply have a counter question:

Should the US get out of Hawaii, Alaska, California, Texas, and Louisiana?

Hawaii was acquired by warfare
    Alaska was purchased in 1959 from Russia
    California was “sold” to the US as a condition of Mexico surrender in 1848, thus acquired through warfare
    Texas same as California
    Louisiana was purchased from the French in 1803.
    Most of these lands belong to Native American (beside Hawaii). How can the French and American sell and purchase stolen lands? With massive genocide no less.
    Now, you will ask, China did too. Yes, China annexed Tibet in 1206. Xinjiang was a nomad land with no owner. Many tribes of people came and went. In 1800s, Qing dynasty officially took Xinjiang as part of Qing empire.

So if Americans demand China to do the right thing and return ill gotten lands by warfare and invasion back to rightful owners, perhaps America should lead by example and return these lands to their rightful owners.

These lands, to these people.
    Richard Seeto
    · Sat
    Good answer and the only proper one at that.

I was going to answer in a similar vein but you beat me to it.

I agree almost 100% of your post except this statement: “China annexed Tibet in 1206”

Historical records shows that Tibet King, Songtsan Gampo in 635-6 AD invaded and conquered all that part of South West China from Chengdu down to Yunnan and incorporated them into the Tibet Kingdom but like a little snake trying to swallow an elephant,
    it got crushed instead and to this day, Tibet has never fully acknowledge that historical fact nor offered compensation to the families killed and their properties destroyed.

It was originally incorporated in its Free Tibet website until I began using it as reference in my posts and debates and this part of their history was removed.

Profile photo for Peter Chan
    Profile photo for Shuai Quan
    Shuai Quan
    · 9h ago
    They removed that part, how hilarious they are, LOL.

Profile photo for Richard Seeto
    Richard Seeto
    · 9h ago
    They, the Free Tibetans losers have learnt many tricks from the Western liars and tricksters to fan their agenda and it is not surprising that they will stoop to do anything to try to separate the province from the Motherland.

Adequate funds are provided by the CIA/NED to lubricate their nefarious activities but they are fighting for a lost cause.

Profile photo for Shuai Quan
    Profile photo for Teresa Dewi
    Teresa Dewi
    · 18h ago
    Parts of today's xinjiang was Chinese since the Han Dynasty 200BC-200AD approximately. It was a part of Silk Road. Hence, the Chinese felt it necessary to guard it otherwise bandits could have robbed Chinese merchants too easily.

It's the Chinese merchants and guards who made that area “alive” so that during Tang dynasty countries and kingdoms from the west (middle eastern) invaded the area to drive away the Chinese. The purpose was to gain control of the area to extort money
    from Chinese merchants who obviously used that road. Tang dynasty tried to fought back, but was not successful after their contract-soldiers betrayed them.

Profile photo for Wes Luo
    Wes Luo
    · Sat
    If referendums were held in Tibet and Xinjiang by their local ethnic population, I am sure the outcomes would be an overwhelming YES to remain under the sovereignty of China. The marked improvements of these regions have never been seen before. Who want
    to give up the prosperity, better living standards and stability over decades of CCP rule.

Profile photo for Teresa Dewi
    Teresa Dewi
    · 15h ago
    because they see what happens just across the border, say Nepal and India. In China, they're treated like pandas. Outside China, nobody cares about them.

Richard Seeto
    · 9h ago
    I am happy to see a person of Indian heritage can discern the difference in treatment of Tibet to other neighbouring countries.

Take for instance how the Indian government treat ethnic Chinese who has lived in India for centuries and how China treats Indian nations who live in China and Chinese territories such as HK etc.

If I am mistaken about your identity, I apologise.

Profile photo for Unozawa
    Unozawa
    · Sat
    Difference is China upheld and improved the lives of the original indigenous people but the evil white men massacred and wiped out the natives,stole their land and called it America.

Peter Chan
    · Sat
    It is far more alarming when I read up about what really happened in these places. Hawaii for example.

US actually invaded Hawaii, jailed the Queen and the entire monarch, forced her to sign some treaties. And later on they even banned Hawaiians from learning and speaking native Hawaiian language. Complete cultural genocide and assimilation.

Richard Seeto
    · Sun
    Whilst on the other side of the world, British Convicts came uninvited to kill, rape, genocide and stole indigenous Aboriginal children and called it Australia.

Then the White men made laws to publicly announce the hateful, humanity and God insulting: WHITE AUSTRALIA POLICY.

Acting as if the whiteman owns the ph*ck#$g Austro-Asian continent.

In fact, China under Zeng He. the intrepid Admiral, first discovered the continent but instead of stealing and killing the people, traded amicably with them.

Profile photo for George S T Khoo
    George S T Khoo
    · 7h ago
    The west is very good at telling the whole world “Do what I tell you but do not do what I do”That is why they always win and never lose because they will never allow you to emulate them.Possession is nine tens of their lawss

Profile photo for Peter Qian
    Peter Qian
    · Sat
    Good points, just to add Xinjiang was ruled since more than 2,000 years ago by Han Wu Di, and again during Tang dynasty 1,300 years ago! So it goes back even further than Xizang!

Profile photo for Richard Yang
    Richard Yang
    · Sat
    The West has double standard, just disregard them.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)