• What do Russians think of China and Chinese people?

From Rusty Wyse@21:1/5 to All on Tue Dec 21 09:14:05 2021
    Matthew Roust
    Lives in RussiaUpdated 4y
    What do Russians think of China and Chinese people?
    Originally Answered: What do Russians think of China and Chinese people?
    In my early years, we were laughing of Chinese people. China was associated with those cheap faux leather shoes, where your legs heated to astonishing temperatures during walking, with 100%-unnatural fabric clothes, with brands like Pawasonic and Nitacni,
    with funny and bright, not overly sophisticated plastic toys. You know, all that 90s atmosphere in Russia has a strong tie in my memory with that type of goods. It was a poor man’s Fate to buy Chinese-made products, so that’s why we, with the rise
    of our incomes, had immediately switched to Italian, French and American goods.

Considering their population, I thought of China being populated with mostly village people with their own village mindset (ie: overly simplistic and not aware) without any idea of what contraception is. And rice. Rice everywhere and on a daily basis. It
    was then.

Seeing China now, I greatly admire their achievements. Huge high-speed train network, new cities, immense growth of personal incomes etc. The government did a great job in creating infrastructure for its people. Their economy growth resulted in a lot of
    spare money going to investments into foreign countries - I know about Pakistan roads projects, Africa’s development and infrastructure projects, and even the new Panama channel. Have you heard of something about Russia’s companies investments
    somewhere beyond CIS? I’m not talking about sponsorships of bicycle teams and putting small Aeroflot logo down the Manchester United website. You got my point. All of Russian spare money are in offshores, and only to maintain one’s families level of
    consumption, the high living standard of the 1st lover, of the 2nd lover, a kid from the 1st lover, a kid from housekeeper, gardener, their in-laws… You got it.

Considering Chinese people, the ones I met during my journeys, kept to themselves, but tried to blend into other societies (EU, UAE, the States). I never had any incident with some rude Chinese at all. They are pretty different culturally to what I used
    to think, but overall they are fine.

Chinese rise is mind-boggling! In 20 years the country became an economical trend setter. Everyone wants to deal with Chinese businesses. The country we were making fun and feeling superior surpassed us. In 2016, average Chinese salary was higher than
    Russian. Thanks to our lovely government!..

The next country which will bypass Russia in people happiness, human capital and incomes must be India. Again, the country we were making fun of back in 90s.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From roti@21:1/5 to Rusty Wyse on Wed Dec 29 19:11:41 2021
    On 22/12/2021 1:14 am, Rusty Wyse wrote:
    Matthew Roust
    In my early years, we were laughing of Chinese people. China was associated with those cheap faux leather shoes, where your legs heated to astonishing temperatures during walking, with 100%-unnatural fabric clothes, with brands like Pawasonic and
    Nitacni, with funny and bright, not overly sophisticated plastic toys. You know, all that 90s atmosphere in Russia has a strong tie in my memory with that type of goods. It was a poor man’s Fate to buy Chinese-made products, so that’s why we, with
    the rise of our incomes, had immediately switched to Italian, French and American goods.

Considering their population, I thought of China being populated with mostly village people with their own village mindset (ie: overly simplistic and not aware) without any idea of what contraception is. And rice. Rice everywhere and on a daily basis.
    It was then.

Seeing China now, I greatly admire their achievements. Huge high-speed train network, new cities, immense growth of personal incomes etc. The government did a great job in creating infrastructure for its people. Their economy growth resulted in a lot
    of spare money going to investments into foreign countries - I know about Pakistan roads projects, Africa’s development and infrastructure projects, and even the new Panama channel. Have you heard of something about Russia’s companies investments
    somewhere beyond CIS? I’m not talking about sponsorships of bicycle teams and putting small Aeroflot logo down the Manchester United website. You got my point. All of Russian spare money are in offshores, and only to maintain one’s families level of
    consumption, the high living standard of the 1st lover, of the 2nd lover, a kid from the 1st lover, a kid from housekeeper, gardener, their in-laws… You got it.

Considering Chinese people, the ones I met during my journeys, kept to themselves, but tried to blend into other societies (EU, UAE, the States). I never had any incident with some rude Chinese at all. They are pretty different culturally to what I
    used to think, but overall they are fine.

Chinese rise is mind-boggling! In 20 years the country became an economical trend setter. Everyone wants to deal with Chinese businesses. The country we were making fun and feeling superior surpassed us. In 2016, average Chinese salary was higher than

The next country which will bypass Russia in people happiness, human capital and incomes must be India. Again, the country we were making fun of back in 90s.

India? How did you arrive their human capital and incomes? huh? India
    can never reach to be one in the next few hundred years. Just visit and
    see how their lives are will be enough to write a few books on it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From boro@21:1/5 to Rusty Wyse on Wed Jan 5 03:48:53 2022
    On 22/12/2021 1:14 am, Rusty Wyse wrote:
    Matthew Roust
    In my early years, we were laughing of Chinese people. China was associated with those cheap faux leather shoes, where your legs heated to astonishing temperatures during walking, with 100%-unnatural fabric clothes, with brands like Pawasonic and
    Nitacni, with funny and bright, not overly sophisticated plastic toys. You know, all that 90s atmosphere in Russia has a strong tie in my memory with that type of goods. It was a poor man’s Fate to buy Chinese-made products, so that’s why we, with
    the rise of our incomes, had immediately switched to Italian, French and American goods.

Considering their population, I thought of China being populated with mostly village people with their own village mindset (ie: overly simplistic and not aware) without any idea of what contraception is. And rice. Rice everywhere and on a daily basis.
    It was then.

Seeing China now, I greatly admire their achievements. Huge high-speed train network, new cities, immense growth of personal incomes etc. The government did a great job in creating infrastructure for its people. Their economy growth resulted in a lot
    of spare money going to investments into foreign countries - I know about Pakistan roads projects, Africa’s development and infrastructure projects, and even the new Panama channel. Have you heard of something about Russia’s companies investments

Considering Chinese people, the ones I met during my journeys, kept to themselves, but tried to blend into other societies (EU, UAE, the States). I never had any incident with some rude Chinese at all. They are pretty different culturally to what I
    used to think, but overall they are fine.

India? How did you arrive their human capital and incomes? huh? India
    can never reach to be one in the next few hundred years. Just visit and
    see how their lives are will be enough to write a few books on it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05