• Have Chinese Americans thought about leaving the USA for China?

From Rusty Wyse@21:1/5 to All on Mon Dec 13 08:34:25 2021
    Peter Elliott
    B.Arch in Architecture (college major), Victoria University of Wellington - Architecture and Design (Graduated 1997)2y
    Have Chinese Americans thought about leaving the USA for China?
    (For me, it would be another major transformation, from familiar surroundings to another foreign country. A new language to learn to speak/read/write, a new way of life, new people,... It will not be easy...)
    My sister in law is quite happy in the US. In fact my parents in law have just moved over there as well.

Mind you, they live in the middle of Chinatown in San Francisco and have basically nothing to do with Americans. Little has changed for them. I think you’ll find that a good proportion of Chinese living in the US are in the same situation. They just
    keep their heads down, live quietly and continue making money. As you do.

If my 80 year old Father in law gets arrested for spying or beaten up by rednecks they’d likely think again, but until then life goes on as normal. In fact when I question them about things they seem to be oblivious to any geopolitical issues. Their
    own little bubble and anything outside of family, friends, food and work might as well not exist lol.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)