• Don't people in China wish to live in a democratic country?

From Rusty Wyse@21:1/5 to All on Mon Dec 6 10:37:14 2021
    Siden King
    ·
    Follow
    Studied Packaging Engineering at Wuhan University (武汉大学) (Graduated 2020)Updated Oct 31
    Don't people in China wish to live in a democratic country?
    As a Chinese, I’m living in Inner Mongolia and now studying in WuHan, I can tell you that I have lived a democratic life in some way.

Although I may have no right to vote, I may have no right to decide which people will become my countries’ leader. I mostly satisfy with the current political system. My quality of life has gradually improved in my 20 years of life in an amazing speed.
    This country offers me safe life, free 12-year education up to University. I can go everywhere by high-speed rail in several hours, I can go out to have delicious BBQ at two o'clock in the middle of the night and there is no need to worry about any
    security issues. Is my freedom restricted? Appearently NO

In my University Campus or on the Internet, I always talk with my friends and mates about politics, many of these critical opinions have been publicly discussed on the Internet. Even in politics class, Teachers will teach some of mistaken policies that
    have been made by CCP, and discuss with us to figure out why CCP embark on a wrong path and how can we improve it. We even criticize some of the government's absurd policies and curse corrupt officials. Do I suffer from political persecution? Appearently
    NO

And I can use ins, twitter and quora to see you guys, there are many anti-Communist speeches among them. And This phenomenon also happened to many of my classmates around me. Are we blocked and arrested? Appearently NO

Nowadays, I can see with my own eyes that my motherland is swiftly becoming stronger. My life is more and more wonderful, I can do everything what I want to do, No more restriction than anyone living in a so-called "democratic country". Ukrainians and
    Libyans have gained democracy, Iraqis and Afghans have gained democracy. Do they experience a better life than us? I don’t think so. THEREFORE, WHY I SUPPOSE TO WISH TO LIVE IN A DEMOCRATIC COUNTRY?

———————————————————————————————————————-

I correct a mistake I made in the article, I do have voting rights. It’s just that I didn’t receive a notice when I studied in Wuhan. The picture below is the notice of the election of county-level people's congress representatives (similar to
    members of parliament).

The following is the translation:

To inform residents:
    Hello everyone!
    According to relevant regulations, deputies to the Tenth People's Congress of the Haibo Bay District need to be elected by election. The Bailou community is the fifty-second constituency. The meeting place is on the second floor of Bailou Community Party
    and Mass Service Center (in the north gate of Mengxi Century City Community). At the same time, mobile polling points will be set up in Deshun Xiangting, Yintai Shangshuiwan, Mengxi Century City, Yangguan Jingyuan, Singapore Garden, Enhe Jinyuan,
    District Apartment, Riverside Garden, Riverside Garden and Xianghe Homestead. All voters are urged to prepare carefully for voting, and then take their personal IDs to participate in the election meeting on time, or go to the designated place to vote. (
    If voters are unable to vote for personal reasons, they can contact Bailou community staff for written entrustment election procedures on December 20, 2019-December 25, 2019, telephone number: 3890623), and the voter registration list has been held in
    the community Public announcement, please check carefully, if eligible unregistered voters can contact Bailou community staff before December 25, 2019 for voter replacement registration.

Special announcement.

Fifty-two Constituency Leading Group of the 10th local District People’s Congress By-election in Haibo Bay District

December 19, 2019

2020.8.19 update

Let me say one more thing. I think due to China's population and development level, there is no way for China to carry out national elections now. But I believe it will get better in the future.

As for some of the comments about how bad the CCP is, I don’t deny it. CCP does have some faults, such as corruption, centralization. But CCP did turn China from a weak country into a developed one. And I see CCP working to solve these problems to
    satisfy its people. First of all, I love my country, CCP leads our country to independence and makes the country better, so I respect CCP. If one day CCP betrays its people, I think it will not win the support of the Chinese people.

I said what I saw, I said what I experienced. If you think it’s a lie, you can just see this answer as a joke.

There is a comment that I think is a very pertinent description of China:

Ernest Frank: The Chinese government has repeatedly pointed out that China will not adopt westernized election for major executive bodies for reasons 1) governing is a professional job and not open for populism which may give us a clown (Trump) an actor (
    Ukrane/ Philipine/boxer…) -(i am not saying that people of such background will not be a good leader but selecting them like throwing a dice), in China a top leader must have plenty of experience in governing (at least provincial level); 2) election
    magnifies difference and partisan interest, and the advocatary nature of election will enfore the division of a society (just every single society with popular voting system) which will be severly happened in a BIG and diverse country like China (that
    will immediately broken into tens of hundreds of small countries and fighting for limited resources (water, land…); 3) popular election produce compromise/conflict which in many cases is not the best option for a nation’s development (high speed
    train was officially approved to be built in US in the 80’s but due to conflicting interest of various local district, nothing happened so far); 4) short term thinking 5) focusing in winning an election but not helping the advancement of welfare… (
    there are many other minor reasons) but the most important goal for Chinese government is to have a stable and secure environment for long term development, so election is NOT suitable for a big and diverse country like China. But China is not
    dictatorial (no election NOT equal to dictatorial or authoritarian), power is given by peoples, so the government must do the best to improve the welfare of the peoples or general disapproval will lead to chaos/ revolution. In China most policy actually
    has to go through many rounds of consultations amongst the affected parties and come up with a workable policy (not one just with majority approval but one has been modified to have the least resistance/ greatest approval from the affected party; but in
    some occassion there must be sacrifice if the policy is right to the nation even it affects many people (e.g. shifting to gas instead of coal, fish ban in many rivers…) So just stop seeing the world in a binary lens and you will understnad more the
    world (not just China)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)