• =?UTF-8?Q?It_was_mind_blowing=2E_It_was_beautiful=2E_Huge=2C_shiny_b?=

From Rusty Wyse@21:1/5 to All on Sat Dec 4 10:14:53 2021
    Chris Ebbert
    Lived in China3y
    What do foreigners think of China?
    Originally Answered: What does China look like to foreigners?
    I moved to China from New Zealand, and knew nothing about it. I expected a place like North Korea.

And then I landed in Shanghai.

It was mind blowing. It was beautiful. Huge, shiny buildings like from a science fiction movie, vast highway systems full of big, powerful, modern cars (I’ve never seen more Porsche Cayennes, Audi A8s, and Buicks in my life), and every now and then,
    elegant, old mansions and fantastic looking restaurants and shops.

My life was completely changed by this experience.

I spent several years in China, met my wife there, and had an absolutely amazing time. I have never been back to New Zealand since, but to China many times.

For me as a European, especially Shanghai and Beijing are absolute epiphanies. The energy of these huge, ancient, beautiful cities makes me high. I need to go there at least twice a year to get my fill.

I’d say China is like we Europeans imagine America. Just with a big smile, quite a bit of dust, and lots of weird food that tastes unbelievable if you can master the chopsticks. And I love the electric scooters. I can’t believe we don’t get them in
    Europe.

It’s brilliant.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From alien@21:1/5 to Rusty Wyse on Sun Dec 5 04:53:13 2021
    Rusty Wyse <rst888wxyz@gmail.com> wrote:
    Chris Ebbert
    Lived in China3y
    I moved to China from New Zealand, and knew nothing about it. I expected
    a place like North Korea.

It was mind blowing. It was beautiful. Huge, shiny buildings like from a science fiction movie, vast highway systems full of big, powerful, modern cars (I’ve never seen more Porsche Cayennes, Audi A8s, and Buicks in my life), and every now and then, elegant, old mansions and fantastic
    looking restaurants and shops.

I spent several years in China, met my wife there, and had an absolutely amazing time. I have never been back to New Zealand since, but to China many times.

For me as a European, especially Shanghai and Beijing are absolute epiphanies. The energy of these huge, ancient, beautiful cities makes me high. I need to go there at least twice a year to get my fill.

I’d say China is like we Europeans imagine America. Just with a big
    smile, quite a bit of dust, and lots of weird food that tastes
    unbelievable if you can master the chopsticks. And I love the electric scooters. I can’t believe we don’t get them in Europe.

It’s brilliant.

Lol, since when New Zealand is European.

Is he a European or a New Zealander?

It would be best if you guys learned, white people are not always European,
    and European does not have to be with white skin.
    --
    -alien-
    ~ Work like you don't need the money. ~
    ~ Love like you've never been hurt. ~
    ~ Dance like nobody is looking. ~

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From boro@21:1/5 to Rusty Wyse on Mon Dec 6 01:48:54 2021
    On 5/12/2021 2:14 am, Rusty Wyse wrote:
    Chris Ebbert
    Lived in China3y
    I moved to China from New Zealand, and knew nothing about it. I expected a place like North Korea.

It was mind blowing. It was beautiful. Huge, shiny buildings like from a science fiction movie, vast highway systems full of big, powerful, modern cars (I’ve never seen more Porsche Cayennes, Audi A8s, and Buicks in my life), and every now and then,
    elegant, old mansions and fantastic looking restaurants and shops.

I’d say China is like we Europeans imagine America. Just with a big smile, quite a bit of dust, and lots of weird food that tastes unbelievable if you can master the chopsticks. And I love the electric scooters. I can’t believe we don’t get them
    in Europe.

It’s brilliant.

N Zealand's environment is a nice place but is a dead place with nothing
    but isolation and loneliness.

One can't go out any time. Whereas, in China's cities, one can go out at anytime and eat and drink all night long. It is vibrant and not like
    Zealand, quiet but deadly dangerous when in the night after 7pm.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05