• If Manchurians had their own country, would the Manchurian Chinese stil

From Rusty Wyse@21:1/5 to All on Thu Dec 2 18:34:21 2021
    Feifei Wang
    ·
    Follow
    Updated 4y
    If Manchurians had their own country, would the Manchurian Chinese still be called Chinese?
    Originally Answered: Are Manchu Chinese? If Manchu have their own country, would they still be called as Chinese?

Hey, Hello, Manchu here. Thank you for caring about our indigenous culture and trying to “save” us from assimilating into Han Chinese. I mean, the amount of white savior complex in this question is absolutely stunning. It feels like someone thousands
    of miles away from the nearest Manchu person read about my people and my culture from some English article or watched one episode from National Geographic, and then the first thing they think about is how to save us from our horrible fate of not having
    our own country like the Mongols. You'd wonder how people come to that kind of thinking, years of white savior and noble savage on TV and movies perhaps? After all, doesn't every other “indigenous” people require some kind of “saving"?

Really? You feel that Manchus are similar to Mongols? Really? Gosh, we're both nomads, right? Like, why don't we Manchus have our own country? Right? What are we thinking, right? We need some white person to tell us what to do… right?

OFFS!

First of all, we have our own nation, it's called China. We fucking conquered the damned place some 300 years ago. We were never “driven off" when Qing dynasty ended. We're full-fledged Chinese citizens just like other ethnic people of China during
    republic of China period and in People's Republic of China. China is our nation as much as Han people's nation.

Secondly, our culture is very much alive and preserved. Han Chinese is assimilated into our culture as much as we assimilated into theirs. Our clothing, our food, our customs… are part of modern Chinese culture.

Last but not least, we don't need fucking saving from anyone! We're doing quite well ourselves.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)