• If China is doing so well economically, why do Chinese people still mig

From Rusty Wyse@21:1/5 to All on Tue Nov 30 10:56:25 2021
    Liang Li
    ·
    Follow
    Updated 2y
    If China is doing so well economically, why do Chinese people still migrate to the West?
    Originally Answered: If China is doing so well economically, why do Chinese people still migrate to the declining West?
    I guess I am one of the most qualified person to answer this question. Here is my story.

I was a 10 years chief designer of traction transformer for high speed train. My yearly earning was approx. 50K USD in a tier 5 city. It was a free life. A qualified meal in restaurant costs 3 USD. Taxi 0.2 USD per km. Haircut 3 USD. One hour massage 10
    USD. 3 bedrooms apartment around 70k USD. Electricity 0.06 USD per kwh. Nothing to worry for daily life.

Also I never thought of losing a job in my life. The railway industry was booming and plenty of jobs were available in the market.

Well in 2016, knee point came out. An outside technical manager was brought from another company. He is an ass sucker without basic knowledge of railway, nor even respect to engineers. BTW, That is why ABB failed in its reputable business and sold to
    Mitsubishi. The management is rotted. I was pissed of this new manager’ asking me to deliver an untested transformer for his revenue target. I insisted safety and quality was prior and debated with him publicly. I won but the big boss still kept him to
    stay, politically. Finally I woke up it was time for leaving.

At the life crossing, a friends post on We hat caught my eyes. Why not try a different environment and make a different life? Australia was named as a migration heaven. It should be nice to live there.

Then in Jan. 2018, I arrived in Melbourne with a permanent residence visa. Melbourne gave me a nice view for its international culture, breathtaking scenery, blue sky, serene suburb.

Then I found a job, a railway engineer as before, bought a property, had a baby, made friends with local people and started to integrate into Australia. One year elapsed.

As time going, mind changes. I realized I misunderstood my country before and the same I was misled about capitalism, human right, freedom.

I will still stay in Australia for some time because of the cost of moving in and out. The difference is I start dreaming to contribute to China again and preparing for going back.

264.3K viewsView 2,344 upvotesView 17 shares

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)