• If Taiwanese love their freedom and democracy so much, and want to beco

From Rusty Wyse@21:1/5 to All on Thu Nov 25 09:58:50 2021
    Chiu Yu
    ·
    Follow
    PhD in Physical Sciences, Major US University Nov 16
    If Taiwanese love their freedom and democracy so much, and want to become independent from China, why do more than 500,000 of them choose to study, work, and live in the PRC?
    Great question.

I am from Taiwan, and know so many people fitting this description.

If I must pick the top 20 peoples in the world who value ideology over pragmatism, the Chinese are not one of them (neither are Americans, although maybe just slightly ahead). And despite the brainwashing narratives chanted across Taiwan, the Taiwanese
    people are culturally, ideologically and psychologically 100% Chinese. They are 100% Chinese in their world view, their value orientation, their priorities in life. That’s not something one can change overnight.

I might offend both sides with the above, but I believe this is the truth.

So it is no surprise at all that, when faced with a great opportunity to make money in China, the Taiwanese won’t need a second to decide. Freedom and other values are only for lip service. Nothing stands in the way of money!

By the same token, I have said many times here on Quora that if China ever recovers Taiwan and decides to implement exactly the same political system there as in China, I predict the most smooth transition. For Westerners hoping for Taiwanese snipers and
    suicide bombers, don’t hold your breath. We are not talking IRA or PLO here!

But you have to allow them to make money!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From alien@21:1/5 to Rusty Wyse on Sat Nov 27 17:58:43 2021
    On 25 Nov 2021 at 18.58.50 GMT+1, "Rusty Wyse" <rst888wxyz@gmail.com> wrote:

Chiu Yu
    ·
    Follow
    If Taiwanese love their freedom and democracy so much, and want to become independent from China, why do more than 500,000 of them choose to study, work, and live in the PRC?
    Great question.

If I must pick the top 20 peoples in the world who value ideology over pragmatism, the Chinese are not one of them (neither are Americans, although maybe just slightly ahead). And despite the brainwashing narratives chanted across Taiwan, the Taiwanese people are culturally, ideologically and psychologically 100% Chinese. They are 100% Chinese in their world view, their
    value orientation, their priorities in life. That’s not something one can change overnight.

So it is no surprise at all that, when faced with a great opportunity to make money in China, the Taiwanese won’t need a second to decide. Freedom and other
    values are only for lip service. Nothing stands in the way of money!

By the same token, I have said many times here on Quora that if China ever recovers Taiwan and decides to implement exactly the same political system there as in China, I predict the most smooth transition. For Westerners hoping
    for Taiwanese snipers and suicide bombers, don’t hold your breath. We are not
    talking IRA or PLO here!

Is Taiwan ever under CCP rules before?
    If it is not, why use Independent from China?
    Isn't Taiwan an independent country?

--
    -alien-
    ~ Work like you don't need the money. ~
    ~ Love like you've never been hurt. ~
    ~ Dance like nobody is looking. ~

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gorde@21:1/5 to All on Sun Nov 28 14:25:03 2021
    Not only thousands of students from Taiwan in China, but also hundreds of thousands of students from Asia, Europe, and South America, too.

"Rusty Wyse" wrote in message news:d3647f94-e805-46a5-bbf2-a998f19b6ff7n@googlegroups.com...

Chiu Yu
    ·
    Follow
    If Taiwanese love their freedom and democracy so much, and want to become independent from China, why do more than 500,000 of them choose to study,
    work, and live in the PRC?
    Great question.

If I must pick the top 20 peoples in the world who value ideology over pragmatism, the Chinese are not one of them (neither are Americans, although maybe just slightly ahead). And despite the brainwashing narratives chanted across Taiwan, the Taiwanese people are culturally, ideologically and psychologically 100% Chinese. They are 100% Chinese in their world view,
    their value orientation, their priorities in life. That’s not something one can change overnight.

So it is no surprise at all that, when faced with a great opportunity to
    make money in China, the Taiwanese won’t need a second to decide. Freedom
    and other values are only for lip service. Nothing stands in the way of
    money!

By the same token, I have said many times here on Quora that if China ever recovers Taiwan and decides to implement exactly the same political system there as in China, I predict the most smooth transition. For Westerners
    hoping for Taiwanese snipers and suicide bombers, don’t hold your breath. We are not talking IRA or PLO here!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05