• A Prayer, Chant and Protest Song: Faith Communities Must Resist Their E

From ltlee1@21:1/5 to All on Mon Oct 30 06:39:00 2023
    "It has been 23 days since the Hamas attack that took at least 1300 Jewish lives, and since then, more than 8,000 Palestinian lives have been taken by Israeli bombs. Half of them are children. The United States, along with many world powers, have given
    Israel their blessing to “defend” themselves against Hamas by bombing Palestinian civilians indiscriminately.

In fact, the blessing of the US has come in the form of over $ 3.3 billion a year ($ 370 billion dollars since 1948). The US is now proposing to send $ 14.3 billion more in military aid.

I am a Hindu American living in New York City, and my husband Stephan Shaw is a Jewish American. We are active in Jewish Voice for Peace and Hindus for Human Rights, both activating faith communities to take on their respective extremists. While we see
    an increasing alignment of white nationalism in the United States, Zionism in Israel, and Hindutva in the Indian context, my husband and I are part of inclusive movements of people working together in diverse coalitions for justice for all.

During the past 24 hours, more than 1,000 Palestinians were killed by Israeli bombs, a form of collective punishment that is illegal under international law. This weekend, on top of the denial of food, medicine and water to Gaza, power and internet were
    shut down, and the bombing of Gaza has continued in the pitch dark. Furthermore, the Israeli ground offensive has begun. But this weekend, we have also had massive protests all around the world calling for a ceasefire, including in cities around India.
    No person of conscience or faith can accept the carpet bombing of children, babies, innocent civilians. No person of conscience can accept communal punishment. My husband and I unequivocally condemn the Hamas terrorist attack that occurred on October 7th
    and refuse to respond to an atrocity with another atrocity even larger.

One of the chants that echoed through Grand Central Station was, “Never again for anyone, never again is now.” This, for us, is the most basic lesson of the Holocaust that many Jews seem to have forgotten."

https://thewire.in/world/palestine-israel-zionism-hindutva

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)