• Times up for Ukraine?

From ltlee1@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 13 08:45:45 2023
    On Wednesday, February 1, 2023 at 12:27:00 PM UTC-5, ltlee1 wrote:

Rand has a thorough and methodical report on the conflict. https://www.rand.org/pubs/perspectives/PEA2510-1.html

Currently, the Russia-Ukraine is at a stalemate and neither side is willing to negotiate.
    Allowing the war to drag on would increase the risk of nuclear confrontation and direct
    Russia-NATO conflict. Not beneficial to the US and/or NATO allies.

My take:
    To persuade Ukraine to the negotiation table and accepting territorial loss, Ukraine is
    encouraged/allowed to counterattack with MAXIMAL NATO support until it loses its
    forward momentum.

Is the US forcing Ukraine to sue for peace?
    "U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken has said he believes that Ukraine is ready to negotiate with Russia if the Russian side shows its interest in diplomacy.

He stated this on the ABC television channel, Ukrinform reports.

"As to negotiations, it takes two to tango. And thus far, we see no indication that Vladimir Putin has any interest in meaningful diplomacy. If he does, I think the Ukrainians will be the first to engage, and we'll be right behind them. Everyone wants
    this war to end, but it has to end on just terms and on durable terms that reflect Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity," Blinken said."

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-polytics/3759632-blinken-says-ukrainian-authorities-may-agree-to-talks-with-moscow.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From ltlee1@21:1/5 to bmoore on Wed Sep 13 12:14:30 2023
    On Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 2:36:40 PM UTC-4, bmoore wrote:
    On Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 8:45:48 AM UTC-7, ltlee1 wrote:

Rand has a thorough and methodical report on the conflict. https://www.rand.org/pubs/perspectives/PEA2510-1.html

Currently, the Russia-Ukraine is at a stalemate and neither side is willing to negotiate.
    Allowing the war to drag on would increase the risk of nuclear confrontation and direct

My take:
    To persuade Ukraine to the negotiation table and accepting territorial loss, Ukraine is
    encouraged/allowed to counterattack with MAXIMAL NATO support until it loses its
    forward momentum.

"U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken has said he believes that Ukraine is ready to negotiate with Russia if the Russian side shows its interest in diplomacy.

"As to negotiations, it takes two to tango. And thus far, we see no indication that Vladimir Putin has any interest in meaningful diplomacy. If he does, I think the Ukrainians will be the first to engage, and we'll be right behind them. Everyone
    wants this war to end, but it has to end on just terms and on durable terms that reflect Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity," Blinken said."

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-polytics/3759632-blinken-says-ukrainian-authorities-may-agree-to-talks-with-moscow.html
    Ukraine was attacked by Russia. That is indisputable. You want to blame the US, whatever. But it's on Putin, mostly. Obviously.

Quite a lot of American commentators do blame US. I posted some of their views. I, myself, have no reason to blame anyone.

However, I am of the view that a bilateral border is not really anything holy until such border is mutually acceptable in the form
    of legal instrument. I also pointed out that US had invaded Afghanistan and Iraq under the Preventive War doctrine and false
    accusation respectively.

I would prefer you to discuss the issue, not me. However, if you really think I had falsely blamed the US, feel free to cut and paste
    to support your CLAIM.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bmoore@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 13 11:36:38 2023

My take:
    forward momentum.

"As to negotiations, it takes two to tango. And thus far, we see no indication that Vladimir Putin has any interest in meaningful diplomacy. If he does, I think the Ukrainians will be the first to engage, and we'll be right behind them. Everyone wants
    this war to end, but it has to end on just terms and on durable terms that reflect Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity," Blinken said."

Ukraine was attacked by Russia. That is indisputable. You want to blame the US, whatever. But it's on Putin, mostly. Obviously.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bmoore@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 13 15:45:53 2023
    On Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 12:14:32 PM UTC-7, ltlee1 wrote:

My take:
    forward momentum.

"As to negotiations, it takes two to tango. And thus far, we see no indication that Vladimir Putin has any interest in meaningful diplomacy. If he does, I think the Ukrainians will be the first to engage, and we'll be right behind them. Everyone
    wants this war to end, but it has to end on just terms and on durable terms that reflect Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity," Blinken said."

Quite a lot of American commentators do blame US. I posted some of their views. I, myself, have no reason to blame anyone.

However, I am of the view that a bilateral border is not really anything holy until such border is mutually acceptable in the form
    of legal instrument.

Excepting Taiwan, of course.

I also pointed out that US had invaded Afghanistan and Iraq under the Preventive War doctrine and false
    accusation respectively.

There are a couple of towers in NYC who might disagree.

I would prefer you to discuss the issue, not me. However, if you really think I had falsely blamed the US, feel free to cut and paste
    to support your CLAIM.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From ltlee1@21:1/5 to All on Thu Sep 14 08:00:35 2023
    On Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 11:45:48 AM UTC-4, ltlee1 wrote:

My take:
    forward momentum.

https://tass.com/politics/1674883
    "MOSCOW, September 14. /TASS/. Moscow will consider all serious proposals to settle the conflict in Ukraine
    if they meet Russia’s legitimate interests, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said at talks with Myanmar’s
    Foreign Minister Than Swe.

"We are ready to consider any serious proposals that will take into account the realities on the ground and the
    basic legitimate interests of the Russian Federation," the Russian minister said in opening remarks.

He said some countries in the Global South had already sent Russia initiatives to resolve the conflict in Ukraine
    "apparently driven by sincere motives."

Lavrov also noted that Moscow highly appreciates the "weighted, balanced, objective position of Myanmar
    friends in connection with what is happening in Ukraine.""

As is, Moscow has a strong position. Don't think it could really give up the four oblasts which had been
    incorporated into Russia, let alone Crimea.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From David P.@21:1/5 to All on Thu Sep 14 13:53:49 2023
    On Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 3:14:32 PM UTC-4, ltlee1 wrote:

My take:
    forward momentum.

of legal instrument. I also pointed out that US had invaded Afghanistan and Iraq under the Preventive War doctrine and false
    accusation respectively.

to support your CLAIM.
    ---------------
    Everyone is playing the Blame Game! That's Politics As Usual!
    --
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bmoore@21:1/5 to David P. on Thu Sep 14 15:08:15 2023
    On Thursday, September 14, 2023 at 1:53:51 PM UTC-7, David P. wrote:
    On Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 3:14:32 PM UTC-4, ltlee1 wrote:

My take:
    forward momentum.

accusation respectively.

to support your CLAIM.
    ---------------
    Everyone is playing the Blame Game! That's Politics As Usual!

Sure, but doesn't sending actual troops into Ukraine, replete with murders and rapes, mean anything?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From ltlee1@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 15 12:24:32 2023
    On Thursday, September 14, 2023 at 11:00:38 AM UTC-4, ltlee1 wrote:

My take:
    forward momentum.

"MOSCOW, September 14. /TASS/. Moscow will consider all serious proposals to settle the conflict in Ukraine
    if they meet Russia’s legitimate interests, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said at talks with Myanmar’s

"We are ready to consider any serious proposals that will take into account the realities on the ground and the
    basic legitimate interests of the Russian Federation," the Russian minister said in opening remarks.

He said some countries in the Global South had already sent Russia initiatives to resolve the conflict in Ukraine

Lavrov also noted that Moscow highly appreciates the "weighted, balanced, objective position of Myanmar

As is, Moscow has a strong position. Don't think it could really give up the four oblasts which had been

"Putin Taunts Biden In His Language Over Tango Remark; 'Kyiv Should Stop Dancing On U.S. Tune'"
    https://www.hindustantimes.com/videos/world-news/putin-taunts-biden-in-his-language-over-tango-remark-kyiv-should-stop-dancing-on-u-s-tune-101694794421604.html

The Hindustantimes.com headline says it all. Looks like Putin has a grand time taunting Biden.
    To borrow the intellectual potential lingo, to the extent that Ukraine officials could see the results of US action and/or inaction.
    US officials also have the same high intellectual potential to see the US action and/or inaction. In addition, Biden is facing re-
    election. He could not afford Ukraine's failure at this juncture. To prolong the war indefinitely is also not desirable because the
    US has trump up China threat to the degree that Biden has to propose, plan, and/or deplore something concrete to fend off
    Republican attacks. And of course, the impression that the US is the dog wagged by its Ukrainian tail.

It is of US interest to stop the war by forcing Ukraine. But it also wants to further BLAME Russia for not pursuing peace. Hence
    the two to tango.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From ltlee1@21:1/5 to bmoore on Sat Sep 16 15:11:10 2023
    On Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 6:45:55 PM UTC-4, bmoore wrote:

My take:
    forward momentum.

of legal instrument.

Sounds like you are new and assuming/faking bmoore. But you don't know China and Taiwan.
    Please familiarize yourself on China and bilateral borders. https://groups.google.com/g/soc.culture.china/c/lpqgo6cKTs8/m/t7gMpy6TAgAJ

I also pointed out that US had invaded Afghanistan and Iraq under the Preventive War doctrine and false
    accusation respectively.
    to support your CLAIM.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bmoore@21:1/5 to All on Sun Sep 17 08:01:13 2023
    On Saturday, September 16, 2023 at 3:11:12 PM UTC-7, ltlee1 wrote:

My take:
    forward momentum.

"As to negotiations, it takes two to tango. And thus far, we see no indication that Vladimir Putin has any interest in meaningful diplomacy. If he does, I think the Ukrainians will be the first to engage, and we'll be right behind them.
    Everyone wants this war to end, but it has to end on just terms and on durable terms that reflect Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity," Blinken said."

of legal instrument.
    Sounds like you are new and assuming/faking bmoore. But you don't know China and Taiwan.
    Please familiarize yourself on China and bilateral borders. https://groups.google.com/g/soc.culture.china/c/lpqgo6cKTs8/m/t7gMpy6TAgAJ

By invading, Russia obviously made it clear that it does not accept the border. But many other countries don't respect the invasion.

accusation respectively.
    to support your CLAIM.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bmoore@21:1/5 to bmoore on Sun Sep 17 10:36:10 2023
    On Sunday, September 17, 2023 at 8:01:15 AM UTC-7, bmoore wrote:

My take:
    forward momentum.

"As to negotiations, it takes two to tango. And thus far, we see no indication that Vladimir Putin has any interest in meaningful diplomacy. If he does, I think the Ukrainians will be the first to engage, and we'll be right behind them.
    Everyone wants this war to end, but it has to end on just terms and on durable terms that reflect Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity," Blinken said."

of legal instrument.
    By invading, Russia obviously made it clear that it does not accept the border. But many other countries don't respect the invasion.

I also have made it clear that I accept the One China paradigm with one country, two systems. I support negotiation, , not invasion.

accusation respectively.
    to support your CLAIM.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From ltlee1@21:1/5 to All on Mon Sep 18 11:22:30 2023

My take:
    forward momentum.

Chicago Council had sponsored a survey done by Laveda Center last year.
    The report, released last December, was entitled

"Many Russians Support Ukraine Peace Talks but Not Letting Territory Go."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From ltlee1@21:1/5 to bmoore on Mon Sep 18 11:15:52 2023
    On Sunday, September 17, 2023 at 11:01:15 AM UTC-4, bmoore wrote:

My take:
    forward momentum.

of legal instrument.

Most Russians don't agree with you.
    "The overwhelming majority of respondents are concerned about both the beginning of the counteroffensive of the
    Armed Forces of Ukraine and the supply of Western weapons to Ukraine. Most still hold the United States and NATO
    responsible for what is happening. Concern about the possibility of a direct clash between Russia and NATO has
    grown markedly over the year. "

https://www.levada.ru/en/2023/07/14/conflict-with-ukraine-assesments-for-late-june-2023/

accusation respectively.
    to support your CLAIM.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bmoore@21:1/5 to All on Mon Sep 18 11:25:53 2023
    On Monday, September 18, 2023 at 11:15:54 AM UTC-7, ltlee1 wrote:
    On Sunday, September 17, 2023 at 11:01:15 AM UTC-4, bmoore wrote:

My take:
    forward momentum.

of legal instrument.
    Most Russians don't agree with you.

Russia has returned to the Soviet Era, where people were afraid to give their opinions. This is very common in China too, nowadays. Please don't lie to us.

"The overwhelming majority of respondents are concerned about both the beginning of the counteroffensive of the
    Armed Forces of Ukraine and the supply of Western weapons to Ukraine. Most still hold the United States and NATO
    responsible for what is happening. Concern about the possibility of a direct clash between Russia and NATO has
    grown markedly over the year. "

https://www.levada.ru/en/2023/07/14/conflict-with-ukraine-assesments-for-late-june-2023/
    accusation respectively.
    to support your CLAIM.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bmoore@21:1/5 to All on Mon Sep 18 11:32:23 2023
    On Monday, September 18, 2023 at 11:22:32 AM UTC-7, ltlee1 wrote:

My take:
    forward momentum.

Chicago Council had sponsored a survey done by Laveda Center last year.
    The report, released last December, was entitled

"Many Russians Support Ukraine Peace Talks but Not Letting Territory Go."

Once again, many thoughtful Russians have fled the motherland, and many more hate Putin. Russia (like China) has a lot of censorship.

Hard to talk to you apologists when you refuse to be honest.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05