• I have made a new discovery, or at least I think it is both new and a d

From samhsloan@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 19 08:02:12 2017
    I have made a new discovery, or at least I think it is both new and a discovery regarding the Kalash.
    A researcher went into Kafiristan in 1809 and reached Kamdesh, which is now in Nuristan.
    He came back and made a report that was published in 1814 (more than two hundred years ago).
    Here are some of the things he wrote:

“The Kafirs have a great deal of idle time; they hunt a little, but not as much as the Afghans : their favorite amusement is dancing. Their dances are generally rapid, and they use many gesticulations, raising their shoulders, shaking their heads, and
    flourishing their battle-axes. All sexes and ages dance. They sometimes form a circle of men and women alternately, who move round the musicians for some time with joined hands, then all spring forward and mix together in a dance. They dance with great
    vehemence, and beat the ground with much force. Their only instruments are a tabor and pipe, but the dancers often accompany them with the voice. Their music is generally quick, but varied and wild.
    As to their appearance, here is what he says:
    “They were celebrated for their beauty and their European complexion, worshiped idols, drank wine in silver cups or vases, used chairs and tables, and spoke a language unknown to their neighbors.”
    Tor Kafirs (black infidels), and another Speen Kafirs (white infidels). Both epithets are taken from their dress, for the whole of the Kafira are remarkable for the fairness and beauty of their complexion, but those of the largest division wear a sort ot
    vest of black goat-skins, while the other dresses in white cotton.
    That's them, for sure!
    “All the villages are built on the slopes of hills, so the roof of one house forms the street leading to the one above it.”
    At the birth of a child, it is carried with its mother to a house built for the purpose without the village ; they remain there for twenty-four days, during which time the mother is reckoned impure; and there is a similar house for other women to inhabit
    during certain periods, when the Kafirs reckon them impure.
    This is plainly and obviously the same people as the Kalash today as no other peoples have these customs.
    What I am wondering is whether I have sound something new or previously not well known, or is this already known from other sources.
    I have included this which I consider to be an important discovery by adding 50 pages by revising my already published book, “Kalash Siaposh Kafirs History and Customs by Charles Masson” even this quote far precedes Charles Masson. It was too short
    for a separate book do I added it to an existing book thus revising the original book and increasing it by 50 pages to 135 pages. ISBN 4-87187-377-3
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/4871873773
    Sam Sloan

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)