• We all got to 'go back home' someday !

From brianlau1234@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Sep 21 17:52:20 2019
    The journey of my life...frm child till now...Having ĺot of memories wit frens who hv since passed away...nothing special abt our life overhere..everyone of us will be facing the same route...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From wakalukong@yahoo.com.sg@21:1/5 to All on Sun Sep 22 19:45:45 2019
    At least, you seem to have enjoyed your life. The work, work, work until up the lorry type waste their precious one chance of being born.

Wakalukong

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From brianlau1234@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 24 07:05:36 2019
    But some quite lonely staying in genting.. Over the years i got few elderly frens...so far two aldy up the ĺorry.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From april@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 25 01:30:33 2019
    Have you heard of a song "Lonely table just for one"?

wrote in message
    news:7e6f1c63-9336-4d49-9dec-925ae60beca3@googlegroups.com...

But some quite lonely staying in genting.. Over the years i got few elderly frens...so far two aldy up the ĺorry.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From april@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 25 02:03:02 2019
    Brian, came across reading of the attached opinion writer who commented on
    the book, he read, Zhou Daxin's book "The sky gets darker, slowly", the
    winner of the Mao Dun prestigious literal award in China.

He highlighted the reality of things happened in the process of the elderly life as being "the tough road for the elderly to travel across or through
    it". Have a read.

"Tough road for the elderly to traverse"

Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/opinion/letters/2019/06/12/tough-road-for-the-elderly-to-traverse#rKjWQIBY8V6om8xL.99

Wednesday, 12 Jun 2019
    12:00 AM MYT

ALL pensioners and those of us who are about to reach retirement age will
    find it fruitful reading Zhou Daxin’s book The Sky Gets Dark, Slowly, winner of the Mao Dun prestigious literal award in China.

Its theme touches on the issues and sore fragility of growing old and
    reminds us that eventually the world we know will get lonelier as familiar faces and friends leave us.

This would resonate deeply among many of us who have lost someone close, leaving our world a little smaller.

The elderly can prepare to cope with loneliness by making new friends
    through social interactions and volunteering activities in their community.

Unfortunately, there are many unscrupulous scoundrels out there preying on vulnerable senior citizens to con them of their money and property.

How many elderly people have lost their retirement fund to get-rich-quick
    scams or were conned of their savings is anyone’s guess, as most would be
    too proud or embarrassed to relate their loss.

It is this probable fear of meeting dishonest company that many elderly
    stick to themselves and eventually become a recluse in their own home and a prisoner by choice.

As if there are not enough problems with ailments and loneliness associated with old age, some elderly folks are also being abandoned by their children.

The deterioration of family values in our society and diminishing level of filial piety are serious matters to be addressed.

The saying in my younger days that a mother can look after her 10 children
    but they cannot look after her has alas come to pass. What kind of values do
    we hold when we leave our parents to fend for themselves in their twilight years or conveniently push them into a home?

When I was growing up, my grandmother and mother often told me folk tales
    about filial piety. Have parents these days given up this tradition of instilling filial piety in their children by sharing such stories with them?

I am sure those who have been abandoned would be wishing for the fate of the mother in the tear-jerking Malay folklore Batu Belah Batu Bertangkup to take them away from a life of sadness and despair after all the sacrifices they
    had made for their ungrateful children.

We can see the changing values in today’s society and how each generation
    has evolved differently in their outlook and views of family tradition.

If we value and want to keep traditional family ties strong, we must at
    least imbue the young with a sense of filial piety and responsibility to
    take care of their parents when the time comes.

During birthday celebrations, one usually hears wishes for the celebrant to live to a ripe old age and have many children and grandchildren. This simplistic view assumes that children would take care of the elderly folks later.

Indeed, having knowledge of what old age brings, I would personally advocate wishing for a life free of major ailments and to be able to live
    independently.

Hopefully, many of us can finish life’s journey at a canter and not grow too old to be confined to a wheelchair or abandoned in a nursing home with the bedpan to drag to the finishing post.

TAN HOCK LIM

Penang

Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/opinion/letters/2019/06/12/tough-road-for-the-elderly-to-traverse#rKjWQIBY8V6om8xL.99

https://www.thestar.com.my/opinion/letters/2019/06/12/tough-road-for-the-elderly-to-traverse

wrote in message
    news:7e6f1c63-9336-4d49-9dec-925ae60beca3@googlegroups.com...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From brianlau1234@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 25 10:05:08 2019
    I think worst is..having a sïckness .ie diabetes..got to go in n out visït to hospital.. Or lying on hospital bed wit tubes n needles inserting into yr body.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From april@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 27 17:37:26 2019
    Medically speaking, diabetes requires a lot of "discipline" in controlling
    the food intake. Tubes and needles in lying hospital are not needed as
    insulin is injected to increase the supply of it.

What is needed of the person is to exercise with a lot of resistance
    training to ensure the blood sugar is burnt up in the muscle, before it
    rises and stagnant at the high point. Consuming less food is the way to it. This is food and rice and even fruit. The blood sugar in the body is the
    total of overall sugar from the eating of any or total combination them.

Resistant training refers to using of weight or dumb bell workout or use of some machine or intensive short run and brisk walking to "use" up the blood sugar stagnant in the blood. The problem with diabetes is that blood sugar
    in the blood is a dynamic wherein it goes up when it has taken a lo of food
    and can come down when the food is digested and sent to the muscle to used
    away by working on it.

If it is not consumed by the muscles, the blood sugar will stagnant and will remain in the blood. When the person consumed the next meal, the blood sugar just tops up again. And if the blood sugar is not reduce, medicine is needed
    to assist the blood sugar to send to the muscles for its absorption.

However, it still requires exercises to "burn" it. Seriously, the best is to have a blood sugar meter to test the blood before and 2 hour after a meal in order to determine the differences. One can monitor it for several weeks in order to know how over time what and how much is eaten and between how many hours of foods..

wrote in message
    news:ddd6de20-baf1-4df9-b088-847a03c3a43d@googlegroups.com...

I think worst is..having a sïckness .ie diabetes..got to go in n out visït
    to hospital.. Or lying on hospital bed wit tubes n needles inserting into yr body.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05