• Negative Emotions

From Peter Terpstra@21:1/5 to All on Sat Sep 3 19:30:00 2016
    XPost: hk.politics, soc.culture.china, soc.culture.indian
    XPost: soc.culture.usa, talk.politics.tibet

Negative Emotions

The fundamental philosophical principle of Buddhism is that all our suffering comes about as a result of an undisciplined mind, and this untamed mind
    itself comes about because of ignorance and negative emotions. For the
    Buddhist practitioner then, regardless of whether he or she follows the approach of the Fundamental Vehicle, Mahayana or Vajrayana, negative
    emotions are always the true enemy, a factor that has to be overcome and eliminated. And it is only by applying methods for training the mind that
    these negative emotions can be dispelled and eliminated. This is why in Buddhist writings and teachings we find such an extensive explanation of
    the mind and its different processes and functions. Since these negative emotions are states of mind, the method or technique for overcoming them
    must be developed from within. There is no alternative. They cannot be
    removed by some external technique, like a surgical operation.

HH the 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Simitaneous@21:1/5 to All on Sun Sep 4 07:40:00 2016
    XPost: hk.politics, soc.culture.china, soc.culture.indian
    XPost: soc.culture.usa, talk.politics.tibet

Peter Terpstra:
    Negative Emotions

The fundamental philosophical principle of Buddhism is that all our suffering comes about as a result of an undisciplined mind, and this untamed mind itself comes about because of ignorance and negative emotions. For the Buddhist practitioner then, regardless of whether he or she follows the approach of the Fundamental Vehicle, Mahayana or Vajrayana, negative
    emotions are always the true enemy, a factor that has to be overcome and eliminated. And it is only by applying methods for training the mind that these negative emotions can be dispelled and eliminated. This is why in Buddhist writings and teachings we find such an extensive explanation of
    the mind and its different processes and functions. Since these negative emotions are states of mind, the method or technique for overcoming them
    must be developed from within. There is no alternative. They cannot be removed by some external technique, like a surgical operation.

HH the 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet

I agree with you. Recently, I found in most of my own time, I've been influenced awfully by negative emotions and often react to challenges in
    my life terrible. Yet I conclude it for myself, that a messed mind
    should be managed by myself deliberately, for all problems are created
    from within my own mind. I would say religion is helpful to human beings
    mind.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)