• 17th Karmapa about recent self immolations in Tibet.

From Peter Terpstra@21:1/5 to All on Sat Mar 5 15:45:39 2016
    XPost: hk.politics, soc.culture.china, soc.culture.indian
    XPost: soc.culture.usa, talk.politics.tibet

གཟའ་འཁོར་འདིའི་ནང་བོད་ཕྱི་ནང་གཉིས་ཀར་ལོ་ཆུང་བྱིས་པ་རེ་རང་སྲེག་བཏང་འདུག སེམས་ལ་ན་ཟུག་
    ེས་ཆེར་སློང་བའི་གནས་ཚུལ་འདི་དག་རྣ་བར་ཐོས་དུས བཟོད་ཐབས་བྲལ་ཏེ་སླར་ཡང་གཞིས་བྱེས་བོད་
    མི་སྤུན་ཟླ་ཡོངས་ལ་འབོད་སྐུལ་ཞིག་ཞུ་འདོད་བྱུང་
    This week, two young Tibetan children, one in Tibet and one in India, have burned themselves to death. These events pain me
    deeply. I could not bear to think of it when I heard the news, and for that reason I want to make a request of my fellow Tibetans
    at home and abroad.
    ༢༠༠༩ ལོ་ནས་ད་བར་བོད་ཕྱི་ནང་དུ་བོད་མི་བརྒྱ་ཕྲག་དང་ཕྱེད་ལ་ཉེ་བས་གཅེས་པའི་རང་ལུས་ཞུགས་སུ
    ཕུལ་ཏེ་ཚད་མཐོའི་ལས་འགུལ་ཤུགས་ཆེར་སྤེལ་མོད འོན་ཀྱང་མིག་སྔར་དེ་ལ་ཐོབ་འོས་པའི་སེམས་ཁུར་
    དང་ ཚེ་སྲོག་ལ་རིན་ཐང་དང་བརྩི་འཇོག དེ་བཞིན་ཁོང་ཚོས་རང་སྲེག་གཏོང་བའི་རྒྱུ་རྐྱེན་དང་མངོ
    ་འདོད་གང་ཡིན་ལ་དོ་ཁུར་བྱེད་མཁན་རྒྱལ་སྤྱི་དང་རྒྱལ་ཁབ་གང་ཡང་ཕལ་ཆེར་བྱུང་མེད་པའི་ཚོད་ཙམ
    རེད
    From 2009 to the present, nearly 150 Tibetans within Tibet and abroad have immolated their own precious bodies, making the
    strongest of statements. But neither among the international community nor in any other country has anyone shown the concern
    that such an act should warrant, any respect for the value of their lives, or any interest in the situation and aspirations that led
    them to immolate themselves. བོད་མི་ནང་ཁུལ་དུའང་དང་པོ་ཉིན་ཤས་རིང་དཔའ་བོ་རེད དཔའ་མོ་རེད ཧ་ལས་པ་རེད་ཟེར་འུར་སྒྲོགས་
    ྱེད་པ་ཙམ་གྱིས་མི་ཕན་པར རང་སྲེག་གཏོང་མཁན་གྱི་ལུས་ཀྱི་ན་ཚ ཤུལ་ལུས་ནང་མི་ཚོའི་སེམས་ཀྱི

སྡུག་བསྔལ བོད་ཀྱི་འཕྲལ་ཕུགས་རྒྱང་གསུམ་ལ་ཕན་གནོད་ཅི་ཡོང་ཐད་བསམ་གཞིགས་གཏིང་ཟབ་བྱེད་རྒྱ
    ་གལ་ཆེན་པོ་རེད
    Within Tibetan society, people will applaud them for a few days, saying “He’s a hero,” “She’s a heroine,” or “That is incredible.”
    But that does not help. It is important to deeply consider the physical pain of those who set themselves on fire and the mental
    suffering of the relatives they leave behind, as well as whether this will help or harm Tibet, immediately, within a short while, or in
    the long term. ངའི་ངོས་ནས་མགོ་ནག་བོད་མི་གཅིག་ཡིན་ཡང་མུ་མཐུད་བདེ་ཐང་ངང་གསོན་གནས་ཡོང་བའི་གསོལ་འདེབས་ཞུ
    ་རྒྱུ་ཡིན བོད་ཡུལ་ནི་དེ་འདྲའི་རྒྱ་ཆེ་བ་ཞིག་ཡིན་ཡང་ བོད་པ་ནི་གྲངས་ཉུང་མི་རིགས་ཤིག་ཡིན
    པས་ བོད་ཀྱི་སྣོད་བཅུད་སྲུང་སྐྱོབ་ཀྱི་སླད་བོད་མི་རེ་རེ་ཡང་གསོན་པོར་འཚོ་རྒྱུ་ནི་ཧ་ཅང་གལ་གནད
    ་ཆེ་ཞིང་ ལྷག་པར་རང་སྲེག་གཏོང་མཁན་ཕལ་ཆེར་ན་གཞོན་ཤ་སྟག་རེད་ལ ཁོང་ཚོ་ནི་འབྱུང་འགྱུར་གྱི
    རེ་བ་དང་སོན་
    རྩ་ཡིན་པས འདི་ལྟར་ཚེ་སྲོག་གི་འགྲོ་གྲོན་བར་མེད་དུ་འགྲོ་བ་ནི་བོད་སྤྱི་ལ་མཚོན་ན་གྱོན་གུ
    ་ཚབས་ཆེན་ཞིག་རེད
    As a fellow Tibetan, I ask all of you to continue living good and healthy lives. The Tibetan land is vast, but the Tibetan people are
    few in number. Therefore it is critical that every individual Tibetan remain alive in order to preserve the land and people of Tibet.
    In particular, most of those who have immolated themselves have been young. They are our hope and lifeblood for the future.
    This non-stop expenditure of life is a severe drain on Tibet as a whole. ང་ཚོས་ཕ་ཡུལ་གྱི་མ་འོངས་པ་དང་ མི་རིགས་ཀྱི་དཀའ་སྡུག་སེལ་བའི་ཆེད་དུ་དབུགས་ཀྱི་རྒྱུ་བ་གཅ
    ག་ཡིན་ཡང་གཅེས་སྤྲས་དང་ ཆུ་ཚོད་སྐར་མ་གཅིག་ཡིན་ཡང་དམ་འཛིན་གྱིས ཕུ་ནུ་ནང་མཐུན སྤྱི་སེམ
    ་གོང་
    སྤེལ རྙིང་ཞེན་གུ་དོགས་ཀྱི་བློ་སྤངས་ཏེ གནའ་དེང་གི་ཤེས་ཡོན་ལ་འབུར་དུ་ཐོན་པའི་གྲུབ་འབྲས
    ཐོབ་པ་བྱས་ཏེ ནམ་ཞིག་བོད་མི་རྣམས་རང་གི་རྐང་ཐོག་ཏུ་རང་ཉིད་ལངས་ཐུབ་པ་ཞིག་བྱུང་ན་གཞི་ནས་
    རང་རེའི་ འདོད་དོན་འགྲུབ་ངེས་རེད་སྙམ
    For the sake of our homeland’s future, to relieve the hardships of our people, we should treasure each single breath we take. Use
    even a single hour or minute well. We should build harmony among our people, increase our sense of community, and give up
    narrow-minded attachment to old ways. We need to achieve significant results in our education, both traditional and modern. I
    think that once the Tibetan people are able to stand on their own two feet, we will be able to fulfill our primary aspirations.
    ཀརྨ་པ་ཨོ་རྒྱན་ཕྲིན་ལས་པས སྤྱི་ལོ་ ༢༠༡༦ ཟླ་ ༣ ཚེས་ ༤ ལ་ཕུལ
    Karmapa Ogyen Trinley Dorje
    March 4, 2016

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)