• Trump agrees to fencing "for certain areas"

From David Lee Lambert@21:1/5 to Byker on Thu May 4 10:01:12 2017
    On Monday, November 14, 2016 at 4:01:41 PM UTC-5, Byker wrote:
    From "60 Minutes" last night: -----------------------------------------------------
    LESLEY STAHL: So let’s go through very quickly some of the promises you made
    and tell us if you’re going to do what you said or you’re going to change it
    in any way. Are you really going to build a wall?

DONALD TRUMP: Yes.

LESLEY STAHL: You’re-- you know, they are talking about a fence in the Republican Congress, would you accept a fence?

DONALD TRUMP: For certain areas I would, but certain areas, a wall is more appropriate. I’m very good at this, it’s called construction.

LESLEY STAHL: So part wall, part fence?

DONALD TRUMP: –there could be some fencing.

Three and a half months after inauguration, there's still no budget for a wall, and there's an injunction enjoining enforcement of the executive order targeting "sanctuary cities". The two executive orders purporting to halt immigration from certain
    Muslim-majority countries are also both subject to injunctions. There have been a few newsworthy deportations or attempted deportations of DREAMers and other otherwise law-abiding undocumented immigrants, but as far as i can tell things are still "
    business as usual" for a lot of people.

--
    DLL

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From tomschlechte@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Byker on Fri Jun 30 18:13:02 2017
    On Monday, November 14, 2016 at 3:01:41 PM UTC-6, Byker wrote:
    From "60 Minutes" last night: -----------------------------------------------------
    LESLEY STAHL: So let’s go through very quickly some of the promises you made
    and tell us if you’re going to do what you said or you’re going to change it
    in any way. Are you really going to build a wall?

DONALD TRUMP: Yes.

LESLEY STAHL: You’re-- you know, they are talking about a fence in the Republican Congress, would you accept a fence?

DONALD TRUMP: For certain areas I would, but certain areas, a wall is more appropriate. I’m very good at this, it’s called construction.

LESLEY STAHL: So part wall, part fence?

DONALD TRUMP: –there could be some fencing.

LESLEY STAHL: What about the pledge to deport millions and millions of undocumented immigrants?

DONALD TRUMP: What we are going to do is get the people that are criminal and have criminal records, gang members, drug dealers, where a lot of these people, probably two million, it could be even three million, we are getting them out of our country or we are going to incarcerate. But we’re getting them out of our country, they’re here illegally. After the border is secure
    and after everything gets normalized, we’re going to make a determination on
    the people that they’re talking about who are terrific people, they’re terrific people but we are gonna make a determination at that-- But before we make that determination-- Lesley, it’s very important, we are going to secure our border.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)