• Which stadium it was (was Re: Brazil-Iran

From masoudgoudarzi59@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Homayoun Dayani-Fard on Sun Apr 19 19:37:08 2020
    On Saturday, April 2, 1994 at 2:29:07 PM UTC-8, Homayoun Dayani-Fard wrote:
    In article <bavafaCnnGwE.HGt@netcom.com>,
    Hooshyar Naraghi <bavafa@netcom.com> wrote:
    In article <CnJxG3.oo@knot.ccs.queensu.ca> dayani@qucis.queensu.ca >(Homayoun Dayani-Fard) writes:

You then said:
    I am sure about the location of the game. It was Farah stadium (Takhti) on >>the Air Force (niroy-e-havai) street. The 100,000 seat stadium was not >>ready in 1971. It was built for Asian Olympic games.

You seem to be more sure about this than my farsoodeh memory. For some >reason I still want to think it was in 100,000-seat stadium, but heck 23 >years is a long time. I am prety sure the year was 71 because the legendary >game our national team played in North Korea was about one year before >Munich Olympic (1972).

Is there any other footbAl khore who can shed some light on this one?
    We definitely need this Iranian Football Almanac to be made soon.

P.S. You are right about the first goal by Pele.

This suggest that you and I are talking about the same game.

P.P.S. The Takhti stadium was supposed to be a state of the art. It is >>designed so that when it rains none of the spectators get wet. Too bad
    it never really worked that way. :-)

Where you at the stadium? I mean the game between Iran and Santos.

I wasn't at the stadium but years later (early 80's) when I was playing
    at Takhti stadium one of the people in charge of the stadium told us that years ago "soltan-pele" was in this locker room. :-) That's how it stayed
    in my mind. Another thing is the picture of the game that I have a vague memory of resembles Takhti stadium rather than 100,000 seat.

P.P.P.S. Now that you mentioned 100,000 seat stadium, what was the final >>score of the Asian games played at 100,000 seat? It was played between >>Iran-Kuwait, and Iran won.

bA kamAle meyl:
    Iran won 1-0 and captured its third straight Asian Championship Cup.

My turn now:

What do you know about the final football game during Asian Games in Iran >(1974). Iran won that too and again in front of 100,000 of her nostalgic >fans.

If my memory serves me right, Parvin scored the wining goal (as always
    from behing the box with one of those well measured kicks).
    If I am right about this, the newspaper later wrote an article about
    Parvin with the tilte:"shah beyt -e- yek Gazal". And there was a picture
    of Parvin after the kick eyeing the ball.

Homayoun

P.S. Javani kojaee ke yadet bekheyr.
    P.S. Javoonimon ham heech pokhi naboodim. :-)

| | Hooshyar F. Naraghi | | O / \/\
    | | bavafa@netcom.com | | \/
    | | (415) 324-1055 | |
    | | | |

actually parvin did not score the goal in1974 asian games. it was an own goal from Adelkhani's cross.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)