• Re: effect of sun spot cycle on Dolf's brain (3/3)

From dolf@21:1/5 to Nomen Nescio on Mon Mar 11 07:17:50 2024
    [continued from previous message]

If there is a God, at the same time as He gives man life He gives him intelligence. By regulating my life according to the understanding that is granted me, I may be mistaken, but I act in good faith. The concrete image
    of the Beyond that religion forces on me does not stand up to examination. Think of those who look down from on high upon what happens on earth: what
    a martyrdom for them, to see human beings indefatigably repeating the same gestures, and inevitably the same errors!

In my view, H. S. Chamberlain was mistaken in regarding Christianity as a reality upon the spiritual level.

Man judges everything in relation to himself. What is bigger than himself
    is big, what is smaller is small. Only one thing is certain, that one is
    part of the spectacle. Everyone finds his own role. Joy exists for
    everybody. I dream of a state of affairs in which every man would know that
    he lives and dies for the preservation of the species. It's our duty to encourage that idea: let the man who distinguishes himself in the service
    of the species be thought worthy of the highest honours.

What a happy inspiration, to have kept the clergy out of the Party! On the
    2ist March 1933, at Potsdam, the question was raised: with the Church, or without the Church? I conquered the State despite the malediction
    pronounced on us by both creeds. On that day, we went directly to the tomb
    of the kings whilst the others were visiting religious services. Supposing
    that at that period I'd made a pact with the Churches, I'd to-day be
    sharing the lot of the Duce. By nature the Duce is a free- thinker, but he decided to choose the path of concessions. For my part, in his place I'd
    have taken the path of revolution. I'd have entered the Vatican and thrown everybody out— reserving the right to apologise later: "Excuse me, it was a mistake." But the result would have been, they'd have been outside!

When all is said, we have no reason to wish that the Italians and Spaniards should free themselves from the drug of Christianity. Let's be the only
    people who are immunised against the disease." [pages 143-145]

REDUCTIO AD HITLERUM AS IDEA #126 - 26 JANUARY 1942: "WOMEN IN POLITICS—AMERICAN METHODS OF PRODUCTION— TOWARDS ANOTHER ECONOMIC CRASH.

I detest women who dabble in politics. And if their dabbling extends to military matters, it becomes utterly unendurable.

In no local section of the Party has a woman ever had the right to hold
    even the smallest post. It has therefore often been said that we were a
    party of misogynists, who regarded a woman only as a machine for making children, or else as a plaything. That's far from being the case. I
    attached a lot of importance to women in the field of the training of
    youth, and that of good works. In 1924 we had a sudden upsurge of women who were attracted by politics: Frau von Treuenfels and Matilde von Kemnitz.
    They wanted to join the Reichstag, in order to raise the moral level of
    that body, so they said. I told them that 90 per cent of the matters dealt
    with by parliament were masculine affairs, on which they could not have opinions of any value. They rebelled against this point of view, but I shut their mouths by saying: "You will not claim that you know men as I know
    women." A man who shouts is not a handsome sight. But if it's a woman, it's terribly shocking. The more she uses her lungs, the more strident her voice becomes. There she is, ready to pull hair out, with all her claws showing.
    In short, gallantry forbids one to give women an opportunity of putting themselves in situations that do not suit them. Everything that entails
    combat is exclusively men's business. There are so many other fields in
    which one must rely upon women. Organising a house, for example. Few men
    have Frau Troost's talent in matters concerning interior decoration. There
    were four women whom I give star roles: Frau Troost, Frau Wagner, Frau Scholtz-Klink and Leni Riefenstahl.

The Americans are admirable at mass-production, when it's a question of producing a single model repeated without variation in a great number of copies. That's lucky for us, for their tanks are proving unusable. We could wish them to build another sixty thousand this year. I don't believe in miracles, and I'm convinced that when they come along with their twenty-eight-tonners and sixty-tonners, the smallest of our tanks will
    outclass them.

They have some people there who scent an economic crisis far surpassing
    that of 1929. When one has no substitute product for materials like copper,
    for example, one is soon at the end of one's tether." [pages 251-252]

REDUCTIO AD HITLERUM AS IDEA #153 - 20 FEBRUARY 1942: "THE SPIRIT IN PERIL—THE OBSERVATORY AT LINZ—THE FIGHT AGAINST FALSEHOOD, SUPERSTITION AND INTOLERANCE—SCIENCE IS NOT DOGMATIC—THE WORKS OF HÖRBIGER—PAVE THE WAY FOR
    MEN OF TALENT.

The biretta!

The mere sight of one of these abortions in cassocks makes me wild!

Man has been given his brain to think with. But if he has the misfortune to make use of it, he finds a swarm of black bugs on his heels. The mind is
    doomed to the auto-da-fé.

The observatory I'll have built at Linz, on the Pöstlingberg, I can see it
    in my mind. A façade of quite classical purity. I'll have the pagan temple razed to the ground, and the observatory will take its place. Thus, in
    future, thousands of excursionists will make a pilgrimage there every
    Sunday. They'll thus have access to the greatness of our universe. The
    pediment will bear this motto: "The heavens proclaim the glory of the everlasting". It will be our way of giving men a religious spirit, of
    teaching them humility—but without the priests.

Man seizes hold, here and there, of a few scraps of truth, but he couldn't
    rule nature. He must know that, on the contrary, he is dependent on
    Creation. And this attitude leads further than the superstitions maintained
    by the Church. Christianity is the worst of the regressions that mankind
    can ever have undergone, and it's the Jew who, thanks to this diabolic invention, has thrown him back fifteen centuries. The only thing that would
    be still worse would be victory for the Jew through Bolshevism. If
    Bolshevism triumphed, mankind would lose the gift of laughter and joy. It
    would become merely a shapeless mass, doomed to greyness and despair.

The priests of antiquity were closer to nature, and they sought modestly
    for the meaning of things. Instead of that, Christianity promulgates its inconsistent dogmas and imposes them by force. Such a religion carries
    within it intolerance and persecution. It's the bloodiest conceivable. The building of my observatory will cost about twelve millions. The great planetarium by itself is worth two millions. Ptolemy's one is less
    expensive.

For Ptolemy, the earth was the centre of the world. That changed with Copernicus. To-day we know that our solar system is merely a solar system amongst many others. What could we do better than allow the greatest
    possible number of people like us to become aware of these marvels?
    In any case, we can be grateful to Providence, which causes us to live
    to-day rather than three hundred years ago. At every street-corner, in
    those days, there was a blazing stake. What a debt we owe to the men who
    had the courage—the first to do so—to rebel against lies and intolerance. The admirable thing is that amongst them were Jesuit Fathers.

In their fight against the Church, the Russians are purely negative. We, on
    the other hand, should practise the cult of the heroes who enabled humanity
    to pull itself out of the rut of error. Kepler lived at Linz, and that's
    why I chose Linz as the place for our observatory. His mother was accused
    of witch- craft and was tortured several times by the Inquisition.

To open the eyes of simple people, there's no better method of instruction
    than the picture. Put a small telescope in a village, and you destroy a
    world of superstitions. One must destroy the priest's argument that science
    is changeable because faith does not change, since, when presented in this form, the statement is dishonest.

Of course, poverty of spirit is a precious safeguard for the Church. The initiation of the people must be performed slowly. Instruction can simplify reality, but it has not the right deliberately to falsify it. What one
    teaches the lower level must not be invalidated by what is said a stage
    higher. In any case, science must not take on a dogmatic air, and it must always avoid running away when faced with difficulties. The contra-
    dictions are only apparent. When they exist, this is not the fault of
    science, but because men have not yet carried their enquiry
    far enough.

It was a great step forward, in the days of Ptolemy, to say that the earth
    was a sphere and that the stars gravitated around it. Since then there has
    been continual progress along the same path. Copernicus first. Copernicus,
    in his turn, has been largely left behind, and things will always be so. In
    our time, Hörbiger has made another step forward.

The universities make me think of the direction of the Wehrmacht's
    technical service. Our technicians pass by many discoveries, and when by
    chance they again meet one they dis- regarded a few years before, they take good care not to remind
    anyone of their mistake.

At present, science claims that the moon is a projection into space of a fragment of the earth, and that the earth is an emanation of the sun. The
    real question is whether the earth came from the sun or whether it has a tendency to approach it. For me there is no doubt that the satellite
    planets are attracted by the planets, just as the latter are themselves attracted by a fixed point, the sun. Since there is no such thing as a
    vacuum, it is possible that the planets' speed of rotation and movement may grow slower. Thus it is not impossible, for example, that Mars may one day
    be a satellite of the Earth.

Hörbiger considers a point of detail in all this. He declares that the
    element which we call water is in reality merely melted ice (instead of
    ice's being frozen water) : what is found in the universe is ice, and not water. This theory amounted to a revolution, and everybody rebelled against Hörbiger.

Science has a lot of difficulty in imposing its views, because it is
    constantly grappling with the spirit of routine. The fact is, men do not
    wish to know. In the last few years, the situation of science has improved.

It's a piece of luck when men are found at the head of a State who are
    inclined to favour bold researches—for these latter are rarely supported
    and encouraged by official science.

There's no greater privilege, in my view, than to play the part of a patron
    of the arts or the sciences. Men would certainly have regarded it as a vast honour to be allowed to encourage the career of a man like Richard Wagner. Well, it's already a great deal gained that people like him are no longer burned alive! One sometimes hears it regretted that our period does not
    provide geniuses of the same stature as those of bygone times. That's a mistake. These geniuses exist; it would be enough to encourage them. For my part, when I know that a scientist wishes to devote himself to new
    researches, I help him. I shall not cease to think that the most precious possession a country can have is its great men. If I think of Bismarck, I realise that only those who have lived through 1918 could fully appreciate
    his worth. One sees by such examples how much it would mean if we could
    make the road smooth for men of talent.

It's only in the realm of music that I can find no satisfaction. The same
    thing is happening to music as is happening to beauty in a world dominated
    by the shavelings—the Christian religion is an enemy to beauty. The Jew has brought off the same trick upon music. He has created a new inversion of
    values and replaced the loveliness of music by noises. Surely the Athenian, when he entered the Parthenon to contemplate the image of Zeus, must have
    had another impression than the Christian who must resign himself to contemplating the grimacing face of a man crucified.
    Since my fourteenth year I have felt liberated from the superstition that
    the priests used to teach. Apart from a few Holy Joes, I can say that none
    of my comrades went on *BELIEVING* *IN* *THE* *MIRACLE* *OF* *THE*
    *EUCHARIST*.

The only difference between then and now is that in those days I was
    convinced one must blow up the whole show with dynamite." [Page 322-325]

REDUCTIO AD HITLERUM AS IDEA #227 - 29? MAY 1942: "LOLA MONTEZ AND LUDWIG I
    OF BAVARIA—HOSTILITY OF THE CHURCH—PERSONALITY OF LUDWIG I—RESPECT FOR RACIAL CHARACTERISTICS.

On a proposal by Dr. Göbbels to produce a film of LOLA MONTEZ. I welcome
    the idea, but you must take care that neither the fate of this woman nor
    the personality of King Ludwig I of Bavaria is in any way distorted.

Lola Montez had nothing in common with the dancers of our times,
    strip-tease artists, but was a woman of exceptional intelligence with wide experience of the world. She was, too, a woman of character, as is shown by
    the way she resisted the Catholic Church and, in spite of enormous
    pressure, refused to kow-tow to it.

As regards the personality of Ludwig I, you must be careful, too, not to portray him as first and foremost a "skirt-chaser" (Schürzenjäger). He was
    in every sense a great man, and was the finest architect of his time in
    Europe. The idea and execution of the Valhalla Building alone show him to
    have been a monarch whose vision stretched far beyond the confines of his
    own petty State and embraced the whole pan-German panorama. Apart from
    that, we have to thank him for having given, in the city of Munich, a magnificent art centre to the German
    nation.

That he is nevertheless one of the most controversial figures among the
    Kings of Bavaria is attributable to the fact that the Church never ceased
    to harry him. The attacks of the latter on Lola Montez were only a pretext,
    and it was in reality the strong liberal tendencies of the King at which
    the attacks were aimed.

You must not, therefore, represent Ludwig I as a King of the Viennese charm school, something after the style of Paul Hörbiger, but rather as a worthy monarch, and I think Kayssler is the best man for the role.

While respecting their racial characteristics, I have, in the interests of
    the Reich, divided my Austrian homeland into a series of Alpine and
    Danubian provinces. I have decided to act in the same way as regards other portions of the Reich. I shall not, for example, permit that West Friesland continue to form part of Holland, for these West Frieslanders are of
    exactly the same race as the people of East Friesland and must, therefore,
    be united with them within a single Province.” [pages 505-506]

REDUCTIO AD HITLERUM AS IDEA #277 - 4 AUGUST 1942: "MEMORIES OF THE FIRST WAR—THE LACE WORKERS OF BELGIUM— YPRES AND LÜBECK.

When we went into the line in 1916, to the south of Bapaume, the heat was intolerable. As we marched through the streets, there was not a house, not
    a tree to be seen; everything had been destroyed, and even the grass had
    been burnt. It was a veritable wilderness.

In the present campaign I got my greatest surprise when I revisited Arras.
    In the old days it was just a mound of earth. And now— —! Fields filled with blossom and waving corn, while on Vimy Ridge the scars are much as
    they were, shell- holes and all. I believe it is much the same in the Champagne.

The soldier has a boundless affection for the ground on which he has shed
    his blood. If we could arrange the transport, we should have a million
    people pouring into France to revisit the scenes of their former struggle.

Marching along the roads was a misery for us poor old infantrymen; again
    and again we were driven off the road by the bloody gunners, and again and again we had to dive into the swamps to save our skins! All the thanks we
    got was a torrent of curses—"Bloody So-and-Sos" was the mildest expression hurled at us.

My first impression of Ypres was—towers, so near that I could all but touch them. But the little infantryman in his hole in the ground has a very small field of vision.

I shall send our people who have been given the task of rebuilding Lübeck
    to Ypres before they start work. Fifty different shades of tiles, from salmon-pink, through gold to deep violet! The new Ypres is a city out of fairyland!

In those days the girls making lace always sat working out- side the
    houses, surrounded, of course, by a horde of soldiery. But at least they
    were able to buy and send home genuine Flemish lace and the embroidery of Brabant.

If a soldier in France buys chocolate or a pair of stockings for his wife,
    I agree absolutely with the Reichsmarshall; we did not start the war, and
    if the French population have got nothing, what the blazes does it matter
    to us!

I wish to goodness we could buy something here. But here there is nothing
    but mud.” [pages 609-610]

REDUCTIO AD HITLERUM AS IDEA #303 - 28 AUGUST 1942: "SKY-SCRAPERS—THEIR VULNERABILITY TO AIR ATTACK—ANTI- AIRCRAFT DEFENCE—NEW ARTILLERY WEAPONS—LEARNING WHILE FACING THE ENEMY.

Some German towns must be protected at all costs—Weimar, Nuremberg, Stuttgart. Factories can always be rebuilt, but works of art are
    irreplaceable.

Multi-storeyed houses are reasonably safe against a direct hit from a bomb,
    but not against the subsequent blast. A small breeze is enough to make a sky-scraper sway as much as from forty to eighty centimetres. The depth of
    the foundations of some sky-scrapers in New York is as much as seventy
    metres, and the driving of the cement foundation demands a pressure of six
    or eight thousand hundredweights. An air raid, such as those against
    London, would have a devastating effect on New York. It would be physically impossible to clear the débris, and it is not possible to build air-raid shelters.

In America, the capitalist conception, based on the gold standard, leads to many absurdities.

If this war continues for ten years, aircraft will all be flying at a
    height of forty thousand feet, and ocean-going traffic will all be
    submarine, and the world at large will be free to lead a pleasant
    existence. Fights will take place, but they will not be visible; Britain
    will lie in ruins; in Germany every man and every woman will belong to an anti-aircraft crew. With an annual production of six thousand anti-aircraft guns, every little village in Germany will soon have its own battery and
    its own searchlight section, and the whole Reich will be one single,
    integrated defence unit. Blinded by the reflection of mirrors, the enemy
    pilots will be able to see nothing; if a mirror is placed at each corner of
    a five-hundred-metre square, the desired effect will be obtained. I wonder
    what people would have thought if I had spoken of figures of this kind
    before the war!

The Navy has the most efficient anti-aircraft defences. I have seen them,
    and the shooting was magnificent. Thirteen hits for every hundred shots!
    This is attributable principally to the fact that the Navy is taught to
    shoot accurately from continuously moving platforms. As a result, their
    total of 'planes shot down is colossal. The best A.A. gun is the 8'8. The
    10*5 has the disadvantage that it consumes too much ammunition, and the
    life of the barrel is very short. Reichsmarschall Goring is most anxious to continue producing the 12*8. This double- barrelled i2'8 has a fantastic appearance. When one examines the 8'8 with the eye of a technician, one realises that it is the most beautiful weapon yet fashioned, with the
    exception of the
    12-8.

With a new type of weapon, much often depends on the hands into which it is first delivered. If it comes first into clumsy, incapable hands, we are
    very liable to write it off. We had that experience, nearly, with the '34 machine gun. One must never condemn a weapon because one has not got the
    hang of how to use it. The '34 machine gun fired consistently, even in the greatest cold, as soon as we found the right lubricating oil for it.
    The grenade-throwers issued to the Engineers, which were completely
    noiseless, were rejected time after time for one reason after another; and
    I must say that, every time I poked my nose into a report on the subject,
    the reasons given for rejection seemed to me to be, to say the least of it, very thin.

If one restricts instruction to the essentials, one can teach a soldier all
    he requires to know for all practical purposes in three months. The rest he will learn gradually, with experience. Under war conditions, a soldier
    learns more in three months than he learns in a year in peace-time.
    Instruction acquired in the face of the enemy cannot be bettered." [pages 669-670]

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION SEE: "APPENDIX #369 - TRANSCRIPT OF VCAT 500 / 2000 HEARING DATED 7 DECEMBER 2001 CONVEYING MISREPRESENTED TELEPHONE CALLS AS SERIOUS MATTER REPORTED TO POLICE"

<http://www.grapple369.com/Groundwork/Appendix%20369%20-%20VCAT%20Extraordinary%20Directions%20Hearing%20Transcript.pdf>

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION SEE: "APPENDIX #425 - COGITO ARRAY / TEMPORAL /
    INFUSED IDEA ASSOCIATIONS FOR MISREPRESENTED TELEPHONE CALLS BY INSURER'S
    CHIEF LEGAL COUNSEL AT VCAT 500 / 2000 HEARING DATED 7 DECEMBER 2001"

<http://www.grapple369.com/Groundwork/Appendix%20425%20-%20Telephone%20Cognito%20Ideas.pdf>

FOR COMPARATIVE APPROACH SEE: "APPENDIX #911 - TEMPORAL HEURISTIC / INFUSED IDEAS IN DISTRESSED TELEPHONE CALL @ 0947 HRS ON 11 SEPTEMBER 2001 FROM HIJACKED AIRPLANE PRIOR TO WORLD TRADE CENTRE CRASH"

<http://www.grapple369.com/Groundwork/Appendix%20911%20-%20Telephone%20On%20Hijacked%20Plane.pdf>

A revision of this document may be obtained from the following URL:

<http://www.grapple369.com/Groundwork/Appendix%20303%20-%20Terrorism%20And%20Reductio%20Ad%20Hitlerum.pdf>

Revision Date: 11 March 2024

--

Check out our SAVVY module prototype that facilitates a movable / resizable DIALOG and complex dropdown MENU interface deploying the third party d3 library.

<http://www.grapple369.com/Savvy/?heuristic>

<http://www.grapple369.com/Savvy/Savvy.zip> (Download resources)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)