• Fossil fuel wars do not help prevent global warming

From Lazarus Cain@21:1/5 to All on Fri Aug 18 07:22:29 2023
    a growing number of academic studies make clear that transitioning our energy system away from fossil fuels requires not merely building renewable energy, but actively phasing out fossil fuels, and wars for control of fossil fuel.

The most notable action of the Biden Administration was its hostile action to disallow the gas pipeline from Russia bypassing the Ukraine.
    This very action triggered the Russian excursion into Ukraine to secure Crimea.

The control of the flow of fossil fuels then becomes the primary current objective of the US Navy.

History demonstrates that US gained great wealth and power from its dominance in the fossil fuel industry during the 1940's and 1950's as the golden age of the automobile flourished. Along with these comforts, we lived with the proliferation of a nuclear
    arms race and a cold war.

What good is a US green energy effort when the Biden administration has flared up a dying cold war? We are now closer to nuclear armageddon than we ever were in the 1960's.
    For what? To prevent Russia from piping gas to Europe?

NATO is a NUCLEAR weapons European US military interest. It is a "promise" to back US military interests with use of US nuclear weapons. Implied is the potential use of US nuclear weapons if a communist army violates a NATO border.

Well, both the use of nuclear weapons and extensive use of fossil fuels are not good for global warming concerns, whereas the proper use of fusion energy does show good promise.

Yet cold war thinking will not allow for mankind to properly develop fusion energy applications while we have leadership stuck with cold war mentalities. Biden strikes me as such a failed leader.

The fatal mistake of Hitler was his mass murder of civilians. Although his persecution of minorities was deplorable, the US was not innocent of racism either.

Trump can follow Hitler's tactics of gaining national leadership. The conviction of Hitler did not prevent him from gaining national leadership. It only helped.

Certainly democracy has its weaknesses as it allows popular criminals to get their fingers on the nuclear trigger.

"Impossible!", you say, but history will show that it happens.

Does the rest of the political leadership follow like sheep such a strong leader?

You tell me.

Frankly, I see all the current indictments against Mr Trump do not meet the beyond the shadow of a doubt requirement, and I am a neutral independent voter. I voted for Biden last time, but will not vote for him again. I shall not vote for Trump either. I
    suppose that is a victory for Trump.

You see , Biden and Ukraine reminds me of Eisenhower and Vietnam. Reminds me of how shit gets started.

The current war is a war to control the delivery of natural gas to Europe.

It is a fucking fossil fuel war

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)