• Pa y Na: el caserio de los seguros

From Juan Rodriguez@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jun 8 18:19:17 2021
    Check out my June 2018 email response from them Florida senator Bill Nelson now chairman of NASA on federal gun legislation in the wake of the Nikolas Cruz Parklamd Shooting. It follows a pattern I’ve employed since the George W. Bush administration
    to ask public officials a naive minority poison pill question in election season in order to try to get a condescending but revelatory answer through public key tomfoolery. Usually a republican Harpee comes in and spikes it like a volleyball play. I
    also asked him in a separate email about his campaign policy of expanding social security benefits to which I contested could be better addressed by enforcing federal FICO tax and even making it retroactive. This led to a Rick Scott attack ad that
    earned him the senate seat after he left the Florida governor’s office.

Dear Mr. Rodriguez:

Thank you for contacting me about ways to reduce gun violence.

I grew up on a ranch. I have hunted and owned guns all my life, but a semi-automatic assault rifle, such as an AR-15 or an AK-47, is not for hunting – it’s for killing. And, at some point, we as a society have got to say enough is enough.

I have cosponsored several common-sense gun reform bills to ban the sale, transfer, or manufacture of semi-automatic assault rifles, such as the AR-15 and the AK-47, and high-capacity magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. I’ve also sponsored
    legislation to close the so-called “gun show loophole” by requiring a background check for the sale or transfer of any firearm, regardless of where it is purchased.

Tragedies like the mass shootings at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School and Pulse Nightclub in Orlando should never happen again, which is why I recently took to the Senate floor to urge my colleagues to act on these common-sense gun reforms – and I
    will continue to do so. If you have a moment, here’s a link to watch the speech I gave on the Senate floor recently: https://youtu.be/LxuKU0sHcks .

Thank you, again, for taking the time to share your thoughts on this issue. And, please don’t hesitate to contact me on this or any other issues that are important to you.

Sincerely,
    Bill Nelson

https://youtu.be/g9bLwVcaKM4

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)