• R.D.Burman Vs. Ilaiyaraja?

From diginaderose@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jun 27 00:00:25 2016
    Can anybody compose songs like ilaya nila and rakkama kaoya thathu or probably sundari kannal oru seithi

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From sushavish@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jun 27 06:42:27 2016
    Hi,

I like RDB a lot and am a fan of him. It hurts that 2 great music directors are unfairly compared here.

Please don't ask if ilayaraja can compose like this or that.
    As I have heard so many RDB songs and understand his greatness you should listen to ilayaraja songs from 1976 to 1985 mainly to understand how great his.
    Particularly when it comes orchestration he stands out from the rest.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From alexwilliams.lds@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Mar 4 03:22:54 2017
    No one can compose a song like illayanila and it was copied in Hindi but they couldn't do as Raja sir did and it was composed by bappi lahiri and Kishore da sang in Hindi.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From alexwilliams.lds@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Mar 4 03:19:30 2017
    I'm a music lover and just not only listening to music but know a bit more into what music is and coming to the songs you mentioned about RDB sorry to say but they're copied from English and most of his songs are from English and Arabic albums,but still
    I'm a die hard fan of music and I listen to all type of music.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From senkurn123@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Ramesh Vaidhyanathan on Sat Dec 8 09:16:26 2018
    On Saturday, August 20, 1994 at 12:05:57 AM UTC+5:30, Ramesh Vaidhyanathan wrote:
    Guys,

The Hindi hit song of the year,
    from the movie "1942: A Love Story",

"Ek ladki ka dekha to
    Aisa laga ..." (Music: R.D.Burman)

is a copy of the Ilaiyaraja's Tamil Movie song
    from the movie "Nadodi Thenral" (Barathiraja's film):

"Yaarum vilayadum thottam ...

Kopangal vendam konjam aarappodu
    aarodum ooraip paththu deraa podu"?

How about a discussion on Ilaiyaraja's
    tunes being copied a lot into hindi film songs?

-Ramesh, V.

Ramesh.V-
    No offence to you, but I've just listened to the song that you've mentioned not once, but TWICE! And please note that there is NO- I mean N.O. resemblance between "ek ladki ko dekha tho" and the Nadodi thendral song.
    Look, Ilayaraja is a great composer but his greatness need not be celebrated or validated by down-grading another great composer without any validation!

Moreover, I've read an excerpt by the famous filmmaker Sanjay leela Bhansali in the preface to a book on RD Burman, that he was present in the composing session along with RD Burman,as Bhansali was the cinematographer or the song-director for Vidhu Vinod
    Chopra. Bhansali stated that the song instantly came to RD Burman, within seconds! It's completely his and only his own!

Please kindly check and be sure before you post stuff, sir.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05