• How to convert data from 7 point likert scale to 5 point likert sca

From dessmardanbasnet@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jan 23 18:47:15 2020
    Hi Elliot Cramer,

Greeting from Nepal!

My name is Dess Mardan Basnet. I am PhD Scholar at Pacific University, India and deserving fellowship from National Co-operative Development Board(NCDB), Ministry of Land Management,Cooperatives and Poverty Alleviation, Government of Nepal. I found
    literature on Organizational Commitment with regards to structure of questionnaire " Organizational commitment of respondents(24 questions of Meyer and Allen(1991)'s organizational commitment questionnaire, translated to Turkish by Karaca(2001) Survegil (
    2007) and Celik(2013). The study used A 5-point Likert Scale ranging from "Strongly Disagree" to "Strong Agree".

I have also followed the same method on Nepalese samples about 826. in the original scale, everywhere I found 7-Point Likert Scale. Would you please suggest me, is it relevant to my study finally?

I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Best regards,

Dess

Dess Mardan Basnet
    PhD Scholar
    Pacific University
    Email: dmbasnet@worldwithoutanger.org

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From David Duffy@21:1/5 to dessmardanbasnet@gmail.com on Fri Jan 24 09:52:33 2020
    dessmardanbasnet@gmail.com wrote:

Alleviation, Government of Nepal. I found literature on Organizational Commitment with regards to structure of questionnaire " Organizational commitment of respondents(24 questions of Meyer and Allen(1991)'s organizational commitment questionnaire, translated to Turkish by Karaca(2001) Survegil (2007) and Celik(2013). The study used A 5-point
    Likert Scale ranging from "Strongly Disagree" to "Strong Agree".

I have also followed the same method on Nepalese samples about 826. in
    the original scale, everywhere I found 7-Point Likert Scale. Would you
    please suggest me, is it relevant to my study finally?

The papers I can see (eg Meyer, Allen and Smith 2003) using a 7-point
    scale have 1="strongly disagree" and 7="strongly agree" so are anchored
    to the same endpoints as the 5-point scale. How you analyse depends on what
    the aim of your study is - replication of factor analysis, inter-country comparison etc.

Just 2c, David Duffy.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)