• Re: A love of languages

    From Stefan Ram@21:1/5 to Otto J. Makela on Mon Apr 11 19:13:02 2022
    om@iki.fi (Otto J. Makela) writes:
    Vir Campestris <vir.campestris@invalid.invalid> wrote:
    You mentioned space. I know _exactly_ where I was on 15th July 1969. >Actually so do I. It was one of my earliest memories,
    my dad woke me up to watch TV at the middle of the night.

    Once I saw a short movie on TV. It was about the daily activities
    of a family, IIRC, where everyone was following his own business,
    everyday things. For some reason, near the end of the movie, they
    gathered into a car for some unknown reason and drove away. At the
    end one saw that they had travelled to some point where they were
    then able to watch a start of what seemed to be a Saturn V.

    Please let me know if anyone knows the title of this movie! I might
    have seen it in the 80s, certainly not after the 90s.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From red floyd@21:1/5 to Otto J. Makela on Mon Apr 11 19:13:21 2022
    On 4/11/2022 10:24 AM, Otto J. Makela wrote:
    Vir Campestris <vir.campestris@invalid.invalid> wrote:

    You mentioned space. I know _exactly_ where I was on 15th July 1969.

    Actually so do I. It was one of my earliest memories,
    my dad woke me up to watch TV at the middle of the night.

    Followup-to: sci.space.tech

    Just a note: Apollo 11 launched on 16 July 1969, landed on 20 July 1969.
    On 15 July, they were still in transit to the moon.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From red floyd@21:1/5 to red floyd on Tue Apr 12 06:15:25 2022
    On 4/11/2022 4:13 PM, red floyd wrote:
    On 4/11/2022 10:24 AM, Otto J. Makela wrote:
    Vir Campestris <vir.campestris@invalid.invalid> wrote:

    You mentioned space. I know _exactly_ where I was on 15th July 1969.

    Actually so do I. It was one of my earliest memories,
    my dad woke me up to watch TV at the middle of the night.

    Followup-to: sci.space.tech

    Just a note: Apollo 11 launched on 16 July 1969, landed on 20 July 1969.
     On 15 July, they were still in transit to the moon.


    Oops. They were in pre-launch quarantine at Cape Canaveral.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Otto J. Makela@21:1/5 to red floyd on Thu Apr 14 19:09:32 2022
    red floyd <no.spam.here@its.invalid> wrote:

    On 4/11/2022 4:13 PM, red floyd wrote:
    On 4/11/2022 10:24 AM, Otto J. Makela wrote:
    Vir Campestris <vir.campestris@invalid.invalid> wrote:
    You mentioned space. I know _exactly_ where I was on 15th July 1969.
    Actually so do I. It was one of my earliest memories,
    my dad woke me up to watch TV at the middle of the night.

    Followup-to: sci.space.tech
    Just a note: Apollo 11 launched on 16 July 1969, landed on 20 July
    1969. †On 15 July, they were still in transit to the moon.

    Oops. They were in pre-launch quarantine at Cape Canaveral.

    Yeah, I realized the date error and sent a superseding message
    correcting the error. But of course group moderation messed that up.
    --
    /* * * Otto J. Makela <om@iki.fi> * * * * * * * * * */
    /* Phone: +358 40 765 5772, ICBM: N 60 10' E 24 55' */
    /* Mail: Mechelininkatu 26 B 27, FI-00100 Helsinki */
    /* * * Computers Rule 01001111 01001011 * * * * * * */

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From red floyd@21:1/5 to Otto J. Makela on Fri Apr 15 10:15:48 2022
    On 4/14/2022 4:09 PM, Otto J. Makela wrote:
    Yeah, I realized the date error and sent a superseding message
    correcting the error. But of course group moderation messed that up.

    It happens.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)