• Who confirms this power for Nasa solar panels on Mars?

From pnn calmagorod@21:1/5 to All on Wed Feb 16 23:11:15 2022
    https://mars.nasa.gov/mer/mission/technology/power/
    it is read
    … .The Sojourner rover on the Pathfinder mission carried one 40-amp-hour lithium battery. The Mars Exploration Rovers carry two 8-amp-hour lithium batteries. During the rovers' prime missions, their solar arrays were able to produce about 900 watt-
    hours of energy per martian day, or sol. Well into the extended mission, efforts to drive Spirit and Opportunity strategically through and toward solar-rich areas is providing up to 410 watt-hours per martian sol. ......
    Or does it seem that Martian dust permitting we can have something between 400 and 900 watts per hour? About 1 square meter of solar panels !! (which seems to be seen in that article) ... it seems too much.
    Also because On earth 3.2 m ^ 2 of panels (the ones I find on the market) give about 600 watts per hour and 40 kg more even with an irradiation of the sun about 3 times higher! And it seems to me to be too little here
    But it would be better to put two recharging generators for lithium batteries…. 45 kg each . Two multimission radioisotope thermoelectric generators (MMRTGs) in total should have a safe 250 watts with 90 kg more.

In conclusion ... even if I put in 24 lipo with a total weight of 13.8 kg I should be with the energy package under 150 kg and with 850 about 850 watts for the PNN on Mars
    Ulteriori informazioni su questo testo di originePer avere ulteriori informazioni sulla traduzione è necessario il testo di origine

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)