• Monopole Starship Drive: repost from sci.physics

From Douglas Eagleson@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 15 09:48:32 2023
    been along time posting. I was looking at the idea to use the magnetic field of Sol's corona to do something cool. I truly pondered>

Basically the issue became a issue of a magnetic true power from the corona to a body in the general sense.

I tried to figure out the meaning of the electric/magnetic right hand rule and it appears the lowly electron is a true monopole.

To test this theory you simply need a simple six foot diameter spherical aluminized Mylar air filled balloon. The trick is to place a five megavolt battery powered DC power supply INSIDE the balloon. Any metal or thick non-conductor will de-polarize the
    assembled electrons magnetic monopole field on the balloons conductive surface.

And the meaning of achieving such an assembled monopole is that the balloon placed near the corona will accelerate to 0.5c at the orbit of Jupiter.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Dean Markley@21:1/5 to Douglas Eagleson on Mon Oct 16 04:41:17 2023
    On Sunday, October 15, 2023 at 12:48:34 PM UTC-4, Douglas Eagleson wrote:
    been along time posting. I was looking at the idea to use the magnetic field of Sol's corona to do something cool. I truly pondered>

Basically the issue became a issue of a magnetic true power from the corona to a body in the general sense.

I tried to figure out the meaning of the electric/magnetic right hand rule and it appears the lowly electron is a true monopole.

To test this theory you simply need a simple six foot diameter spherical aluminized Mylar air filled balloon. The trick is to place a five megavolt battery powered DC power supply INSIDE the balloon. Any metal or thick non-conductor will de-polarize
    the assembled electrons magnetic monopole field on the balloons conductive surface.

And the meaning of achieving such an assembled monopole is that the balloon placed near the corona will accelerate to 0.5c at the orbit of Jupiter.

The lowly electron is NOT a monopole. I suspect you need to go back to school and learn your basics.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Douglas Eagleson@21:1/5 to Dean Markley on Mon Oct 16 09:48:51 2023
    On Monday, October 16, 2023 at 7:41:19 PM UTC+8, Dean Markley wrote:

To test this theory you simply need a simple six foot diameter spherical aluminized Mylar air filled balloon. The trick is to place a five megavolt battery powered DC power supply INSIDE the balloon. Any metal or thick non-conductor will de-polarize
    the assembled electrons magnetic monopole field on the balloons conductive surface.

The lowly electron is NOT a monopole. I suspect you need to go back to school and learn your basics.

Well, I was asking for people to truly ponder the formal conjecture I stated.

I stated that you have to apply EM right-hand rule to the electron.

Think.

It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to examine the meaning of synchrotron radiation. This radiation class is that when the electron is accelerated in a magnet field. If no monopole field were present, this class of radiation would not exist.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Dean Markley@21:1/5 to Douglas Eagleson on Tue Oct 17 04:34:56 2023
    On Monday, October 16, 2023 at 12:48:53 PM UTC-4, Douglas Eagleson wrote:
    On Monday, October 16, 2023 at 7:41:19 PM UTC+8, Dean Markley wrote:

To test this theory you simply need a simple six foot diameter spherical aluminized Mylar air filled balloon. The trick is to place a five megavolt battery powered DC power supply INSIDE the balloon. Any metal or thick non-conductor will de-
    polarize the assembled electrons magnetic monopole field on the balloons conductive surface.

Well, I was asking for people to truly ponder the formal conjecture I stated.

I stated that you have to apply EM right-hand rule to the electron.

Think.

It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to examine the meaning of synchrotron radiation. This radiation class is that when the electron is accelerated in a magnet field. If no monopole field were present, this class of radiation would not exist.

Stringing together technical terms does not make you smart. It makes you look silly and infantile. An electron generates a magnetic field due to it's spin. So would a proton if you had a proton beam. This is due to the particle charge and spin, not
    that there is a "monopole field". Your right-hand rule merely indicates the direction of magnetic field flow.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05