• Adolf Hitler's Legacy - Toward a More Complete Understanding of His Imp

From Stuf4@21:1/5 to All on Wed Oct 26 12:39:50 2022
    Reposting to ssh this clip from a thread at a different forum.
    One quote (from final post below):
    ------
    This thread has explained how US astronauts walking on the Moon happened because of Adolf Hitler's leadership.
    ------

The posts in their entirety:
    ==============================================
    <snipped: hundreds of posts from this thread not shown here, going back nearly half a year>

Da Hawk
    17 hours ago
    I just now did a search, and apparently there is still at least one corner of the internet which respects Freedom of Speech.

I found it here, over on DailyMotion.com:

Adolf Hitler The Greatest Story Never Told-1of27 https://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x42vjp

I haven't scrubbed too deep, but I'm only seeing six of the episodes.
    And even after you get through all 27, it does not say one single word about how Adolf Hitler is the reason why we have The Internet today. Or digital cameras. Or GPS. Etc. I've never seen ANYONE say that. Even though these are simple facts.

But at least it is something.

Da Hawk
    17 hours ago
    Ah, I should have known that Google has BLOCKED the most important links. Switching search engines, HERE I found the entire documentary:

_*Adolf Hitler - The Greatest Story Never Told Original English Full Version HD*_
    https://archive.org/details/adolf-hitler-the-greatest-story-never-told-original-english-full-version-hd-6h-32min

But as I've stated, even after going through 6 and a half hours, this doc barely scratches the surface of the full impact that Hitler has had on today's society.

Archives of Fantasy
    8 hours ago
    @Da Hawk was not the internet made in the US and the www in the UK? Industrial revolution started in Britain. Why do you insist on crediting h1tler with the current world? Turing made his breakthroughs in computing specifically to beat h1tler.

Da Hawk
    7 hours ago
    @Archives of Fantasy
    The full explanation was given earlier in this thread. But this has gotten crazy long, so I'll summarize here...

Hitler did not invent the computer. Hitler did not invent the internet. But here is what Hitler did:
    There is a long list of positive things that Hitler did intentionally. And there is an even longer list of positive things that were _the result_ of Hitler's leadership that happened unintentionally.

One of the most powerful motivators in all human beings is SURVIVAL. If your life is threatened, and you can foresee that your death will be a probable end result if you don't take action, then it can be astounding to see the extremes that people will
    go to so that that result will be avoided.

In the 20th century, by far the most pervasive motivator in terms of survival of entire countries was the severe threat of nuclear weapons. The USSR saw that the USA had this technology, and so they went to extremes to acquire it themselves. In return,
    back in North America, the USA went to extremes in order to DEFEND against this new Soviet threat. DETECTION became key to this plan. And so a string of computerized radar detection centers were built across the entire width of Canada. "Pinetree Line"
    was built in 1951, stretching across southern Canada. Followed by the "Mid-Canada Line" across, appropriately enough, the middle of Canada. And then the "DEW Line", way up across the northern stretches of Canada to provide "Distant Early Warning".

Now it was important to coordinate any radar blips detected by these radar stations, so these computers needed to be connected in order to be fully effective. Pinetree Line was this huge leap in technology when it came to networking computers.

When things develop to the next level, you start looking at connecting various computer networks together. And the famous experiment here was the ArpaNet. Now we've fast forwarded to 1969. So basically two decades further. And here too, this prime
    motivator of survival played a critical role. One of the key architects was a guy named Paul Baran. You can read his original research paper he did with RAND, here:
    https://www.rand.org/content/dam/rand/pubs/research_memoranda/2006/RM3420.pdf

Or you can listen to him explain in his own words what his motivations were: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7er6E9i1y5I&t=1m36s

The short of it can readily be seen in his most famous diagram from that paper, here:
    https://images.theconversation.com/files/143778/original/image-20161029-15783-1e7xkao.png

Here too, the prime motivator was defending against a NUCLEAR ATTACK.

If the architecture for this networking of computers were done in the same way that AT&T/Bell Telephone had created the phone system, in a CENTRALIZED architecture as shown on the left, then one strike against that central node will take down the entire
    system. Even a Decentralized System had critical vulnerability that could be taken down if several nodes were destroyed.

So the most survivable network would be the one shown on the right, the network that looks like a net. The Distributed Network. This is the one that was built. And this is the reason why the Web is called the Web. Because connecting your computers
    this way looks like something a spider would spin.

That's the short story of the Internet.

Now here's how we got Digital Cameras...
    This story too hinges on this prime motivator of SURVIVAL. If you want to survive in the Cold War, you need to have INTEL on what the other side is doing. This requires SPY SATELLITES. Those first ones used FILM CAMERAS. And to get those photos to
    the commanders who needed this info, these satellites would actually DEORBIT their film canisters, where they would parachute back through the atmosphere, and get plucked straight out of the sky by specialized aircraft. I kid you not. A similar system
    was featured in one of the old James Bond films.

Well this method obviously had severe limits. But the clever engineers up in Rochester, New York working at Kodak came up with this invention called the CCD. A "Charged Coupled Device", which was an electronic array of sensors which could be made to
    take photos digitally. The CIA JUMPED on this technology, knowing that they could finally get around this primitive FILM bottleneck.

So the reason why we have the Internet the way it is is because of the threat of nuclear war. And that is the same reason why we have digital cameras in all of our pockets. Though it took plenty of decades for the technology to move from orbit into our
    pockets.

This is also the same reason why we have GPS. This satellite constellation took billions of dollars to develop. And the only way to justify that obscene cost was because our very survival depended upon it. Our ability to hit back with a Second Strike
    in a nuclear exchange would be significantly reduced if bombers got lost on their way across the planet. So this clever method of making navigation a whole lot more reliable was funded as a "FORCE MULTIPLIER" that would increase the effectiveness of our
    nuke forces.

Now I've typed out all these paragraphs above without a single mention of Adolf Hitler.

All of the info above is COMMON KNOWLEDGE. Anyone who looks into it can easily find these stories, as they are extremely well documented. But what you will NOT FIND is anyone mentioning that these ALL HAPPENED AS A RESULT OF HITLER'S LEADERSHIP.

Or if you do find anyone saying it, I would be extremely interested to see that. Because I have looked, but never found it. You asked:
    "Why do you insist on crediting h1tler..."

No one else credits him. Ok. But if you look on the other side of the story, THAT part is extremely well documented as well. This is the question as to WHY nuclear bombs were invented in the first place. Here, absolutely everyone is clear that there
    was ONE REASON why the Manhattan Project got funded. You can go back to Leo Szilard's letter to President Roosevelt, and famously signed by Einstein:

The USA pushed this outrageously huge effort to invent nukes BECAUSE OF THE THREAT THAT HITLER MIGHT BEAT THEM TO IT.

So everyone who has looked into it is clear that Hitler is the reason why we have nukes. Germany was defeated by conventional means TWO MONTHS prior to that first detonation at Trinity Site. So the nukes were used against Japan instead.

Everyone is clear that we have nukes because of Hitler.
    Everyone who knows is likewise clear that we have the Internet, digital cameras, GPS, etc, because of nukes.

All that I have done here is the most obvious Connect-The-Dots, adding 2+2 to explain that:
    Hitler is the reason why we have all of these things that have shaped our modern society.

It is a topic worthy of a book. It is a topic worthy of a feature-length movie. And it is certainly a topic worthy of at least ONE video here on YouTube. Yet no book, no movie, and not even a single video exists. NO ONE wants to touch this with a 10-
    foot pole.

Da Hawk

6 hours ago
    You've seen JJ dismiss this ALL as having "nothing to do with anything."

He's a smart guy. He has the aptitude to follow this entire explanation. Yet he is completely uninterested. And Matthew Beat has been completely silent also. People who claim to care about educating the public actually don't. Not when it comes to
    Adolf Hitler. And this PROFOUND WAY he has shaped our day to day activities.

There's loads more that's been explained in this thread.
    Along with the Internet, digital cameras and GPS, there is also Hitler as being the driver behind why we have jet airliners today. Sure, it is well known that the Nazis were the first to fly a jet aircraft. But there is also that unintended effect to
    go along with their very intentional push. And this unintentional angle, yet again, was driven by the nuclear threat.

The aircraft that dropped those atomic bombs is the Boeing B-29 Superfortress. This was a company that had produced the B-17 Flying Fortress before that. What they added with the Superfortress was turbo/supercharged engines which enabled the bombers to fly much higher in the much thinner atmosphere. At these altitudes, the
    engines sip significantly less fuel, and so the range of the B-29 was MUCH GREATER than the B-17. Much greater than any other aircraft of World War II. It had a combat radius of greater than 1,600 miles. And to keep the crews comfortable at those
    altitudes, they decided to pressurize the cabin. This is why the B-29 is shaped like a tube. Like if you blow up a balloon to make a balloon animal, it forms a cylinder. That's the most efficient shape if you want to push a pressurized cabin through
    the skies. And all airliners today are essentially following that B-29 fuselage design.

And it is not some random coincidence that the leader in the airliner industry is the exact same company that built the B-17 and the B-29 during WWII. With the transition to the Jet Age, this same company built weapons for nuclear war, including the B-
    47, the B-52, and the KC-135 tanker which was needed by the USAF Strategic Air Command to extend the range of these bombers by refueling them in mid-air.

The aircraft which heralded in the Jet Age for airliners was the Boeing 707. This is essentially the same aircraft developed by the USAF for NUCLEAR WARFARE. From this, ALL airliners today have evolved. All of the ones that are tasked with long range
    routes, carrying a lot of passengers.

It is all a "spinoff" from nuclear Cold War technology.
    And therefore, it all happened as a result, albeit, an unintended result, of Adolf Hitler's leadership.

So yes, Turing did his computer stuff with the specific goal to defeat Hitler. And so all of that effort at Bletchley Park happened BECAUSE OF Adolf Hitler too.
    The entire Manhattan Project happened with this same goal of defeating Hitler.

And way above in this thread, it has also been explained that the US Interstate Freeway system happened because of Hitler as well. Firstly, there is the direct action of Hitler creating the Autobahn. And then there is Eisenhower's decision to copy what
    Hitler did in Europe. But I don't think anyone here has yet explained HOW Ike was able to JUSTIFY having the US Federal Government PAY for such a megaproject.

Those who have studied the US Constitution know full well that absolutely nowhere is there any provision for the federal government to build an Interstate Freeway System. But there is one key role that it does prescribe:

DEFENSE.

You can look up the legislative act that Eisenhower got passed. It is "the National Interstate and Defense Highways Act of 1956". The justification used here too was defense against a nuclear strike by the Soviets. In such an emergency wartime
    situation, it would be vital for the survival of civilian populations for them to evacuate the target cities. So freeways were funded under these auspices of Civil Defense. And troops and weapons and such could also be transported on these same roads.

So this is both the direct way, via the Autobahn, and the indirect way, via Nukes, that Hitler is the reason why the USA today has its excellent freeway system.

ALL OF IT HAPPENED BECAUSE OF ADOLF HITLER.

Try to name any other person who has shaped our modern society more than Hitler.
    In my previous post, I linked to a 6.5 hour documentary titled:
    The Greatest Story Never Told.

Yet even THAT does not tell this story of how Adolf Hitler shaped our world today in SO MANY WAYS.
    This is literally the *GREATEST STORY NEVER TOLD.*

I have never seen anyone tell it. Yet all of the info is out there. Just in this disjointed manner. Where absolutely everyone, including the likes of JJ & Matt, have no interest whatsoever to so much as RECOGNIZE the factual accuracy of this story,
    let alone tell it themselves.

And all of the above, as HUGE as these parts are, are nowhere near the FULL story. This thread has explained how US astronauts walking on the Moon happened because of Adolf Hitler's leadership. And it has also touched on the current shift we are seeing
    in modern society with things like people moving away from the once ubiquitous habit of smoking. And the current habit of eating meat, with new inventions from companies like Beyond Meat and Impossible Foods. The current headline this week is how
    Beyond Meat has now launched their Meatless Steak.

When it comes to things like smoking and vegetarianism, Adolf Hitler's leadership was DECADES AHEAD of the curve from mainstream society.

Here we are 77 years after Hitler died. It is HIGH TIME that the book about him gets re-written to include the Complete Picture. We can read JFK's personal diary. He predicted this would happen in his lifetime. But we're well over half a century
    beyond JFK himself being no more, and still the only thing that people think about Hitler's legacy is...

Hitler = EVIL.

Only the yin-side of the story is told. When you take into account the Yang side as well, then we can see that Adolf Hitler was one of the Greatest Leaders that Planet Earth has ever known.

Name one person who has had a greater impact.

I expect there are those who would offer Jesus as their candidate. But it can readily be seen that the Love-Your-Neighbor teaching has yet to take hold worldwide. It has yet to take hold in many many neighborhoods.

Whereas the legacy of Adolf Hitler has been this astoundingly expansive thing that has impacted so many aspects of our daily lives today. Now he is certainly not a religious figure. And he has left us with no shortage of reasons to vilify him. But
    that vilification is where nearly every single person on the planet leaves his story.

...when his FULL STORY is so much more. ==============================================

The entire exchange above happened within the past 24 hours over on other parts of the interwebs. The posts from Archives of Fantasy and after all happened today, October 26th, 2022.

My reason for reposting here at this forum is because over these past decades, I have been strenuously presenting the solid facts to show how the Space Race was driven by the Nuclear Threat. Otherwise competent space historians who are members here, or
    were, have been consistent with their adamant rejection of this understanding.

This clip from this thread is being presented here to show that Neil Armstrong's One Small Step happening as a result of Hitler's leadership is just the tip of an EXTREMELY LARGE iceberg in how Hitler has shaped our modern society today. In the totality
    of my posts here at ssh, these topics have been covered. But I don't think my posts here have ever been quite so comprehensive and compact as this set of posts that happened earlier today.

My other reason for reposting to Usenet is for the historical record. To present to anyone in the world who might be interested this searchable database containing certain pearls of human knowledge.

~ CT

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)