• Modified Nylon - Calaton CA

From tylerorion@gmail.com@21:1/5 to meissner.vil...@googlemail.com on Sun Sep 20 14:24:57 2015
    On Wednesday, August 27, 2014 at 3:44:13 AM UTC-7, meissner.vil...@googlemail.com wrote:
    Am Sonntag, 26. März 2000 10:00:00 UTC+2 schrieb BrianTomkinson:
    Does anyone have any information about Calaton CA? This is an old ICI material that was withdrawn from sale 10+ years ago. I believe it to be a carboxylated nylon, possibly a methyl methoxy derivative. The polymer has unusual properties in that it is soluble in alcohol or alcohol/water systems
    and is believed to crosslink on heating.
    Questions: a) Were any of the subscribers involved in any aspect of the development or manufacture of the material? If so , I would be pleased to hear from you. b) Does anyone know if chemically identical or similar products are being marketed anywhere? c) What is the synthetic route and is
    it possible to produce easily by modifying existing PA's?

t.i.a. Brian Tomkinson

Hello Mr. Tomkinson,

i have read your email about Calton CA.
    I have ca. 25 Kilo in my stock. We have a store for Artist and Restauro products.
    If you are interrested in this product please give me an answer.

It would be nice to hear from you.

Have a nice day.

Peter Meissner
    Villa Arte

Mr. Meisser - I see this is an old post but perhaps you can help me. I have a small Native American sand painting (on a wood square) that I'd like to preserve. It's quite old and beginning to fade and fray at the edges. In researching I see that
    Calaton or it's equivalent might be used as a preservative. If you have something like this please email me at tylerorion@gmail.com. Thank you so much.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)