• Atheism is a belief, it's not a science.

    From The Starmaker@21:1/5 to All on Sat Apr 27 10:57:02 2024
    XPost: sci.physics, alt.atheism

    Atheism is a belief, it's not a science.


    Case closed. I don't want to hear none of your lip!

    Do I make myself clear?


    --
    The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
    to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
    and challenge the unchallengeable.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Michael Christ@21:1/5 to The Starmaker on Sun Apr 28 09:01:48 2024
    XPost: sci.physics, alt.atheism

    On 28/04/2024 3:57 am, The Starmaker wrote:
    Atheism is a belief, it's not a science.


    Case closed. I don't want to hear none of your lip!

    Do I make myself clear?

    Yes, very.

    And very obvious, but not to the genius atheist.




    Michael Christ

    --
    God is God in all His Being.

    Jesus is the everlasting Father, Jesus is God, Jesus is the Lord. John
    10:30  I and Father are one. If you can't see that the Lord Jesus is the everlasting Father you are not born again and can't see the Kingdom of God.

    Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were
    YET sinners, Christ died for us.

    Jeremiah 10:23 O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it
    is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

    Psalms 53:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt
    are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

    Proverbs 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

    "To seek your own will is to seek your own glory."

    "If God is not first in everything He is not first in anything."

    "What makes the bible the truth? The resonance (voice, the Person) of
    God. When you find Him you have found the author."

    "All men were born sinners. Why? Because all men were born not loving
    God with all their heart, soul, and mind. An abomination. Therefore,
    sin is not what you do; it is what you are."

    "Compromise will condemn you."

    "There are no sinners in Christ Jesus."

    "My sons are born of Me. In them is no darkness at all."

    "You can't learn righteousness. Haven't you had enough time already to
    know that?"

    "The way of truth is the testimony of life."

    "I merely speak the truth, what is revealed to me, and the cards fall
    where God intends."

    "Nothing that is produced is produced without first being faith."

    "You can only find proof of God through faith because that is how we all
    live, by faith."

    "It is not what you do that matters, it is how you treat Me."

    "Keep going forward. Forget about the past. Lift up your head, look
    ahead."

    "You cannot be free and free indeed with guilt in your heart."

    "Priority is everything."

    "The truth doesn't need evidence, it is evidence."

    "There is no greater possession a man has than his own will, to squander
    it or to place it where it truly belongs."

    "An atheist is a fool who thinks truth is found in living a lie."

    "Saying "prove it" [as a foundation] is merely an ignorant straw man, to
    an ignorant straw man."

    "Wait, rest, be still, and know."

    "No man can wash his own hands!!!"

    "I find this in the Christianity religions: 'Nobody's perfect' they say,
    and they use that as an excuse not to do what is perfect."

    The Atheist: "They don't believe and put their faith in a Creator (the obvious). So no evidence and proof is to be found!!"

    "The world is the way it is because God can't compromise who He is."

    "Man is not the centre of being."

    "Man is incompatible with the natural world because of his sinful nature."

    "And then the Lord said, "I see everything."

    "Man has no greater idol than his own will."

    "Where is God hiding? He isn't."

    "If you don't keep all the scriptures, you can't keep any of them."

    "You can't prove anything because everything depends on a person's
    willingness to believe."

    "Atheists are ultimately trying to be pointlessness, meaninglessness,
    and purposelessness in their point, meaning, and purpose."

    "The last day of creation will be the last day of time. God is always
    full of hope."

    "The veil of the temple was rent in twain, not to have a book pass
    through it so that a sinner could play God."

    "A phylactery does not a heart for God make. Not back then, and not today."

    "No one in heaven is better (or higher) than what makes it heaven. Such
    is the love of God."

    "The definition of an atheist: A man full of bluster and bullshit
    pretending he is the meaning of life."

    "Free will is not power; it is the choice that I allow; that choice is
    still according to my power," says the Lord.

    What does a fool do? A fool looks for a "nothing" in a "something" in
    order to explain the existence of existence.

    "Unless you do all because He is who He is, all your religion is in vain."

    "Every man is subject to God; He judges every man, and He is reality.
     What a gift in a fallen world!"

    "Love MUST be a choice or it is nothing but a law!"

    "Why were all men born sinners? So that God could reveal Himself, so
    that we would behold the glory of God, and that we should bring forth
    the glory of God"

    "God does not and will not arbitrate for any man to love Him! If God
    isn't everything to you, He is nothing to you where the rubber meets the
    road."

    "It is the unforgivable sin not to love God with all your heart, soul,
    and mind. What do you have that is lasting? It is not so much being
    punished; it is what you are left with."

    "Love isn't worth anything without first a free will choice for God to
    birth it in a man."

    "The point of salvation: desperation. Anything less than that is self-righteousness."

    "A sinner is not a believer in God; a sinner is a believer in sin."

    "A piece of dirt is not the promised land; that is only a reflection.
    The promised land is knowing Me, says the Lord."

    "It is all about God or it is all about idolatry."

    "The Lord Jesus is coming soon. He has always come soon."

    "There is no revolving door of self-worship in a son of God's life!"

    "There is no such thing as random!"

    "You can't truly love without it being with all your heart."

    "No one can see God without their whole heart. Unless you can see God,
    you know nothing."

    "You can't learn God, God has to reveal Himself to you."

    "No sinner is sinless in any way."

    "Only God is life; only the Kingdom of God of His "Nature" is life."

    "What you believe is just a leaning on your own understanding; faith is
    a leaning on the one you have chosen to trust."

    "God uses the "letter" to crucify a man and raise him from the dead."

    "Not fearing God is sheer stupidity for sinners."

    "Self-righteousness is any exclusion of God in your heart, because any exclusion reveals that you think more about yourself than what you
    really are."

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Maximus@21:1/5 to Attila on Tue Apr 30 21:43:47 2024
    XPost: sci.physics, alt.atheism

    Attila wrote:
    On Tue, 30 Apr 2024 18:18:28 +1000, Maximus
    <gladiator@colosseum.rome> in alt.atheism with message-id <l9bnqmFqncgU1@mid.individual.net> wrote:

    Attila wrote:
    On Tue, 30 Apr 2024 11:59:25 +1000, Maximus
    <gladiator@colosseum.rome> in alt.atheism with message-id
    <l9b1k0FniudU1@mid.individual.net> wrote:

    Attila wrote:
    On Sun, 28 Apr 2024 21:38:00 -0700, The Starmaker
    <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> in alt.atheism with message-id
    <662F2428.72E6@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    The Starmaker wrote:
    Atheism is a belief, it's not a science.
    Religious beliefs and Atheism beliefs are both on the same level of ...beliefs.


    Atheist are confident that there is no God, as Religions are confident that there is a God.



    They are are both on the same level of ...beliefs.
    Not really. Theists postulate the existence of something
    without any supporting evidence for that existence.
    I disagree. billions of believers and personal testimony is evidence.
    Personal testimony is never evidence
    any court would disagree with you
    It is well known that personal testimony is the poorest kind
    of evidence.

    maybe, but still evidence. and it's relative to numbers. if twenty pp
    say they saw me run down a pedestrian in my car, that carries more
    weight than if just one person says it.


    The value of eyewitnesses:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJG698U2Mvo

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubNF9QNEQLA

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahg6qcgoay4

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bnnmWYI0lM

    I'm not going to watch all those, sorry. (see comment below)


    since there is no way
    to support it.
    As far as the "belief of billions" is
    concerned there are hundreds of different beliefs in there
    and they can't all be correct.
    I was referring to Xtianity and Islam primarily
    How about Hindu?

    about 1.2 billion. but Christians and Islamists make up over 50% of all religious faiths.

    There are hundreds of others. In fact
    there are many, many different Christian beliefs.

    yes. I'm just saying it's not as you say that there's no evidence. for
    example believers spend a lot of money in support of their faith. just
    near where I am there's a 7th day Adventist complex worth many millions
    of dollars. also many intelligent ppl have religious beliefs. in fact
    theists vastly outnumber us. you can't just dismiss such things as being
    no evidence that there may be some validity to their beliefs. but at the
    end of the day, I look at what the beliefs actually are. when one does
    that, it's not so difficult to dismiss them as nonsense. eg. xtians
    believe they will live in mansions, and walk on streets paved with gold
    in some god adoring afterlife, and muslims believe they will get 70
    virgins if they die as martyrs.


    --
    “Atheism is the birth right of all human, remember that!”- hhyapster 7.4.23

    "Christian beliefs fail against reason, facts, and knowledge"

    "Religion is not about truth, it's about lifestyle"

    "God is a convenient explanation for what man does not understand.
    The less that's inexplicable, the less need for a 'God' explanation."

    "The problem with theism is that it never remains within
    the realm of belief, but invariably proceeds to assertion"

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Attila@21:1/5 to feb0292e-7c9b-bc86-367d-e737a9f4c0a on Tue Apr 30 15:19:35 2024
    XPost: sci.physics, alt.atheism

    On Tue, 30 Apr 2024 20:52:46 +0200, D <nospam@example.net>
    in alt.atheism with message-id <feb0292e-7c9b-bc86-367d-e737a9f4c0ae@example.net> wrote:



    On Tue, 30 Apr 2024, Maximus wrote:

    D wrote:


    On Tue, 30 Apr 2024, Maximus wrote:

    Attila wrote:
    On Sun, 28 Apr 2024 21:38:00 -0700, The Starmaker
    <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> in alt.atheism with message-id
    <662F2428.72E6@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    The Starmaker wrote:
    Atheism is a belief, it's not a science.
    Religious beliefs and Atheism beliefs are both on the same level of >>>>>> ...beliefs.


    Atheist are confident that there is no God, as Religions are confident >>>>>> that there is a God.



    They are are both on the same level of ...beliefs.

    Not really. Theists postulate the existence of something
    without any supporting evidence for that existence.

    I disagree. billions of believers and personal testimony is evidence.

    That is not scientific proof.

    I never said it was

    That is kind of what proof means. I don't see any other way proof could
    have any meaning.

    The only way is for that proof to have unambiguous,
    unrelated, verifiable and credible evidence supporting it.

    Scientific proof also requires a repeatability factor.


    In order to count as proof, they need to devise a test that proves god. No >>> such test has ever been devised that satisfies the rigorous standards of >>> science.

    If personal testimony would be enough, then you end up with a pantheon of >>> gods, pink unicorns, ufos etc. I am sure you can see how foolish this
    position is.

    with any evidence, we must determine credibility. there are currently 2.4
    billion christians and almost 2 billion muslims in the world today. believers
    in pink unicorns, or other gods, don't even come close.

    No, I don't consider "voting" proof. If that were the case, then clearly
    the earth was proven to be flat once, and the sun was proven to circle the >earth. I could go on, but you realize of course how absurd equating
    followers with proof is.


    If you have a scientific proof, let's hear it, and I'm sure that this group >>> would be converted.

    Now... here's the kicker. Any god that would be possible to prove with
    science, would not be a god, but a component of this world.

    So by the very nature of us, the world we live in and our senses, a god
    that is per definition, outside this world, is impossible to prove.

    That hasn't stopped people from trying, but that is why you will never
    convince anyone here. I'm sure you know that and that this is just light >>> entertainment, but I'll mention it anyway.

    Atheists
    say without supporting evidence there is no reason to accept
    the existence of anything. Including any god.

    Using the logic of theists the existence of anything at all
    can be supported, including werewolves, trolls, elves,
    vampires, dragons, shape changers, and people with super
    hero abilities.

    Absence of proof that something exists does not suggest that
    it does exist.






    --

    Some of the Republican positions I find disgusting
    and abhorrent.
    Most of the Democratic positions I find terrifying.

    Whatever it takes - Stop the Democrats. Or the Dims
    as I prefer to call them

    The most dangerous enemies the United States has:

    Biden the Senile Bastard and his Bitch and
    supported by the Sluts and Pimps including
    Ilhan Omar, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez,
    Ayanna Pressley, Rashida Tlaib, Jamaal Bowman,
    Cori Bush, Adam Schiff, Maxine Waters, Jerry Nadler,
    Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi and Cory Booker. They
    have stepped over the line and are working against
    the country and what it stands for.

    Do not work with them but oppose everything they attempt.

    Stop the Green Raw Deal! I dare call it treason.
    Go WOKE. Go broke.
    CRT - Criminals Recruiting Thugs
    DEI - Dumbass Egotistical Idiocy
    End all social engineering programs.

    I don't know how Comical Karine can still hold a straight
    face with what she has to say.

    Did the last sane person leaving California remember to
    turn off the lights? Did he do the same for the Rotten
    Apple?

    Abortion should be like any other medical procedure
    and be the decision of the patient and the doctor.
    It is the business of no one else.

    There is only one reason for a woman to get an abortion.
    She want's it. All else is irrelevant

    I support a Pro-Choice Constitutional Amendment.

    Don't build a wall, build a kill zone.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Skeeter@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 30 13:26:38 2024
    XPost: sci.physics, alt.atheism

    In article <v0qimm$2drp3$1@dont-email.me>, Dawn.Belle.Flood@gmail.com
    says...

    On 4/29/2024 10:46 AM, Skeeter wrote:
    In article <v0nrka$1m0et$3@dont-email.me>, Dawn.Belle.Flood@gmail.com says...

    On 4/28/2024 11:38 PM, The Starmaker wrote:
    The Starmaker wrote:

    Atheism is a belief, it's not a science.

    Religious beliefs and Atheism beliefs are both on the same level of ...beliefs.


    Atheist are confident that there is no God, as Religions are confident that there is a God.



    They are are both on the same level of ...beliefs.


    No atheist thinks this way. Have your read Professor Richard Dawkins'
    The God Delusion?

    Dawn

    If all you read is negative by atheists then your mind can not grasp the possibility.

    I'm delighted to read anything by anyone, religious or not, and for that matter, on any topic espousing any position. Of course, there is only
    so much time in any given day.

    Dawn

    Good point. I love reading books. Real books. Have you read C.S.Lewis?

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From The Starmaker@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 30 19:13:21 2024
    XPost: sci.physics, alt.atheism

    An atheist is a ...very religious nonbeliever.


    --
    The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
    to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
    and challenge the unchallengeable.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Michael Christ@21:1/5 to The Starmaker on Wed May 1 13:55:24 2024
    XPost: sci.physics, alt.atheism

    On 1/05/2024 11:52 am, The Starmaker wrote:
    The Starmaker wrote:

    The Starmaker wrote:

    Atheism is a belief, it's not a science.

    Religious beliefs and Atheism beliefs are both on the same level of ...beliefs.

    Atheist are confident that there is no God, as Religions are confident that there is a God.

    They are are both on the same level of ...beliefs.



    Richard Dawkins writes a book "The God Delusion", and he's not even sure if God exist or not.


    That has to be the REAL definion of an atheist, a person who is not even sure if God exist or not.


    Dawkins is lost, you can see it in his face. Also in Hitchens before he
    died.




    Michael Christ

    --
    God is God in all His Being.

    Jesus is the everlasting Father, Jesus is God, Jesus is the Lord. John
    10:30  I and Father are one. If you can't see that the Lord Jesus is the everlasting Father you are not born again and can't see the Kingdom of God.

    Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were
    YET sinners, Christ died for us.

    Jeremiah 10:23 O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it
    is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

    Psalms 53:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt
    are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

    Proverbs 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

    "To seek your own will is to seek your own glory."

    "If God is not first in everything He is not first in anything."

    "What makes the bible the truth? The resonance (voice, the Person) of
    God. When you find Him you have found the author."

    "All men were born sinners. Why? Because all men were born not loving
    God with all their heart, soul, and mind. An abomination. Therefore,
    sin is not what you do; it is what you are."

    "Compromise will condemn you."

    "There are no sinners in Christ Jesus."

    "My sons are born of Me. In them is no darkness at all."

    "You can't learn righteousness. Haven't you had enough time already to
    know that?"

    "The way of truth is the testimony of life."

    "I merely speak the truth, what is revealed to me, and the cards fall
    where God intends."

    "Nothing that is produced is produced without first being faith."

    "You can only find proof of God through faith because that is how we all
    live, by faith."

    "It is not what you do that matters, it is how you treat Me."

    "Keep going forward. Forget about the past. Lift up your head, look
    ahead."

    "You cannot be free and free indeed with guilt in your heart."

    "Priority is everything."

    "The truth doesn't need evidence, it is evidence."

    "There is no greater possession a man has than his own will, to squander
    it or to place it where it truly belongs."

    "An atheist is a fool who thinks truth is found in living a lie."

    "Saying "prove it" [as a foundation] is merely an ignorant straw man, to
    an ignorant straw man."

    "Wait, rest, be still, and know."

    "No man can wash his own hands!!!"

    "I find this in the Christianity religions: 'Nobody's perfect' they say,
    and they use that as an excuse not to do what is perfect."

    The Atheist: "They don't believe and put their faith in a Creator (the obvious). So no evidence and proof is to be found!!"

    "The world is the way it is because God can't compromise who He is."

    "Man is not the centre of being."

    "Man is incompatible with the natural world because of his sinful nature."

    "And then the Lord said, "I see everything."

    "Man has no greater idol than his own will."

    "Where is God hiding? He isn't."

    "If you don't keep all the scriptures, you can't keep any of them."

    "You can't prove anything because everything depends on a person's
    willingness to believe."

    "Atheists are ultimately trying to be pointlessness, meaninglessness,
    and purposelessness in their point, meaning, and purpose."

    "The last day of creation will be the last day of time. God is always
    full of hope."

    "The veil of the temple was rent in twain, not to have a book pass
    through it so that a sinner could play God."

    "A phylactery does not a heart for God make. Not back then, and not today."

    "No one in heaven is better (or higher) than what makes it heaven. Such
    is the love of God."

    "The definition of an atheist: A man full of bluster and bullshit
    pretending he is the meaning of life."

    "Free will is not power; it is the choice that I allow; that choice is
    still according to my power," says the Lord.

    What does a fool do? A fool looks for a "nothing" in a "something" in
    order to explain the existence of existence.

    "Unless you do all because He is who He is, all your religion is in vain."

    "Every man is subject to God; He judges every man, and He is reality.
     What a gift in a fallen world!"

    "Love MUST be a choice or it is nothing but a law!"

    "Why were all men born sinners? So that God could reveal Himself, so
    that we would behold the glory of God, and that we should bring forth
    the glory of God"

    "God does not and will not arbitrate for any man to love Him! If God
    isn't everything to you, He is nothing to you where the rubber meets the
    road."

    "It is the unforgivable sin not to love God with all your heart, soul,
    and mind. What do you have that is lasting? It is not so much being
    punished; it is what you are left with."

    "Love isn't worth anything without first a free will choice for God to
    birth it in a man."

    "The point of salvation: desperation. Anything less than that is self-righteousness."

    "A sinner is not a believer in God; a sinner is a believer in sin."

    "A piece of dirt is not the promised land; that is only a reflection.
    The promised land is knowing Me, says the Lord."

    "It is all about God or it is all about idolatry."

    "The Lord Jesus is coming soon. He has always come soon."

    "There is no revolving door of self-worship in a son of God's life!"

    "There is no such thing as random!"

    "You can't truly love without it being with all your heart."

    "No one can see God without their whole heart. Unless you can see God,
    you know nothing."

    "You can't learn God, God has to reveal Himself to you."

    "No sinner is sinless in any way."

    "Only God is life; only the Kingdom of God of His "Nature" is life."

    "What you believe is just a leaning on your own understanding; faith is
    a leaning on the one you have chosen to trust."

    "God uses the "letter" to crucify a man and raise him from the dead."

    "Not fearing God is sheer stupidity for sinners."

    "Self-righteousness is any exclusion of God in your heart, because any exclusion reveals that you think more about yourself than what you
    really are."

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Michael Christ@21:1/5 to Dawn Flood on Wed May 1 13:58:36 2024
    XPost: sci.physics, alt.atheism

    On 1/05/2024 1:41 pm, Dawn Flood wrote:
    On 4/30/2024 8:09 PM, % wrote:
    Dawn Flood wrote:
    On 4/30/2024 9:49 AM, % wrote:
    Dawn Flood wrote:
    On 4/29/2024 10:46 AM, Skeeter wrote:
    In article <v0nrka$1m0et$3@dont-email.me>, Dawn.Belle.Flood@gmail.com >>>>>> says...

    On 4/28/2024 11:38 PM, The Starmaker wrote:
    The Starmaker wrote:

    Atheism is a belief, it's not a science.

    Religious beliefs and Atheism beliefs are both on the same level >>>>>>>> of ...beliefs.


    Atheist are confident that there is no God, as Religions are
    confident that there is a God.



    They are are both on the same level of ...beliefs.


    No atheist thinks this way.  Have your read Professor Richard
    Dawkins'
    The God Delusion?

    Dawn

    If all you read is negative by atheists then your mind can not
    grasp the
    possibility.

    I'm delighted to read anything by anyone, religious or not, and for
    that matter, on any topic espousing any position.  Of course, there >>>>> is only so much time in any given day.

    Dawn


    you can read it all after you go flat dead into the ground with nothing >>>
    What's the alternative?  Fantasy??

    Dawn

    the alternative is just like yours , who knows what will happen after

    Yeah, "Who knows?!"  Is faith causal?  I don't believe that it is,
    which, in my opinion, makes faith pointless.

    Dawn

    You can't live without faith in something, you silly girl! Faith in a
    "nothing" is about as ridiculous as it gets, though.





    Michael Christ

    --
    God is God in all His Being.

    Jesus is the everlasting Father, Jesus is God, Jesus is the Lord. John
    10:30  I and Father are one. If you can't see that the Lord Jesus is the everlasting Father you are not born again and can't see the Kingdom of God.

    Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were
    YET sinners, Christ died for us.

    Jeremiah 10:23 O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it
    is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

    Psalms 53:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt
    are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

    Proverbs 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

    "To seek your own will is to seek your own glory."

    "If God is not first in everything He is not first in anything."

    "What makes the bible the truth? The resonance (voice, the Person) of
    God. When you find Him you have found the author."

    "All men were born sinners. Why? Because all men were born not loving
    God with all their heart, soul, and mind. An abomination. Therefore,
    sin is not what you do; it is what you are."

    "Compromise will condemn you."

    "There are no sinners in Christ Jesus."

    "My sons are born of Me. In them is no darkness at all."

    "You can't learn righteousness. Haven't you had enough time already to
    know that?"

    "The way of truth is the testimony of life."

    "I merely speak the truth, what is revealed to me, and the cards fall
    where God intends."

    "Nothing that is produced is produced without first being faith."

    "You can only find proof of God through faith because that is how we all
    live, by faith."

    "It is not what you do that matters, it is how you treat Me."

    "Keep going forward. Forget about the past. Lift up your head, look
    ahead."

    "You cannot be free and free indeed with guilt in your heart."

    "Priority is everything."

    "The truth doesn't need evidence, it is evidence."

    "There is no greater possession a man has than his own will, to squander
    it or to place it where it truly belongs."

    "An atheist is a fool who thinks truth is found in living a lie."

    "Saying "prove it" [as a foundation] is merely an ignorant straw man, to
    an ignorant straw man."

    "Wait, rest, be still, and know."

    "No man can wash his own hands!!!"

    "I find this in the Christianity religions: 'Nobody's perfect' they say,
    and they use that as an excuse not to do what is perfect."

    The Atheist: "They don't believe and put their faith in a Creator (the obvious). So no evidence and proof is to be found!!"

    "The world is the way it is because God can't compromise who He is."

    "Man is not the centre of being."

    "Man is incompatible with the natural world because of his sinful nature."

    "And then the Lord said, "I see everything."

    "Man has no greater idol than his own will."

    "Where is God hiding? He isn't."

    "If you don't keep all the scriptures, you can't keep any of them."

    "You can't prove anything because everything depends on a person's
    willingness to believe."

    "Atheists are ultimately trying to be pointlessness, meaninglessness,
    and purposelessness in their point, meaning, and purpose."

    "The last day of creation will be the last day of time. God is always
    full of hope."

    "The veil of the temple was rent in twain, not to have a book pass
    through it so that a sinner could play God."

    "A phylactery does not a heart for God make. Not back then, and not today."

    "No one in heaven is better (or higher) than what makes it heaven. Such
    is the love of God."

    "The definition of an atheist: A man full of bluster and bullshit
    pretending he is the meaning of life."

    "Free will is not power; it is the choice that I allow; that choice is
    still according to my power," says the Lord.

    What does a fool do? A fool looks for a "nothing" in a "something" in
    order to explain the existence of existence.

    "Unless you do all because He is who He is, all your religion is in vain."

    "Every man is subject to God; He judges every man, and He is reality.
     What a gift in a fallen world!"

    "Love MUST be a choice or it is nothing but a law!"

    "Why were all men born sinners? So that God could reveal Himself, so
    that we would behold the glory of God, and that we should bring forth
    the glory of God"

    "God does not and will not arbitrate for any man to love Him! If God
    isn't everything to you, He is nothing to you where the rubber meets the
    road."

    "It is the unforgivable sin not to love God with all your heart, soul,
    and mind. What do you have that is lasting? It is not so much being
    punished; it is what you are left with."

    "Love isn't worth anything without first a free will choice for God to
    birth it in a man."

    "The point of salvation: desperation. Anything less than that is self-righteousness."

    "A sinner is not a believer in God; a sinner is a believer in sin."

    "A piece of dirt is not the promised land; that is only a reflection.
    The promised land is knowing Me, says the Lord."

    "It is all about God or it is all about idolatry."

    "The Lord Jesus is coming soon. He has always come soon."

    "There is no revolving door of self-worship in a son of God's life!"

    "There is no such thing as random!"

    "You can't truly love without it being with all your heart."

    "No one can see God without their whole heart. Unless you can see God,
    you know nothing."

    "You can't learn God, God has to reveal Himself to you."

    "No sinner is sinless in any way."

    "Only God is life; only the Kingdom of God of His "Nature" is life."

    "What you believe is just a leaning on your own understanding; faith is
    a leaning on the one you have chosen to trust."

    "God uses the "letter" to crucify a man and raise him from the dead."

    "Not fearing God is sheer stupidity for sinners."

    "Self-righteousness is any exclusion of God in your heart, because any exclusion reveals that you think more about yourself than what you
    really are."

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From D@21:1/5 to The Starmaker on Wed May 1 20:48:33 2024
    XPost: sci.physics, alt.atheism

    On Wed, 1 May 2024, The Starmaker wrote:

    The Starmaker wrote:

    An atheist is a ...very religious nonbeliever.


    Sort of a Charles Darwin, right? I forgot, was Charles Darwin a very religious Christian or Catholic person????

    Charles Darwin is very commonly listed as an agnostic. But recently I
    found out that that side of the equation is a jungle of ism and
    combination of ism.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Maximus@21:1/5 to All on Thu May 2 21:32:51 2024
    XPost: sci.physics, alt.atheism

    D wrote:


    On Thu, 2 May 2024, Maximus wrote:

    Attila wrote:
    On Wed, 1 May 2024 01:01:01 +1000, Maximus
    <gladiator@colosseum.rome> in alt.atheism with message-id
    <l9cfdfFu7b8U1@mid.individual.net> wrote:

    Attila wrote:
    On Tue, 30 Apr 2024 22:57:53 +1000, Maximus
    <gladiator@colosseum.rome> in alt.atheism with message-id
    <l9c86kFt574U1@mid.individual.net> wrote:

    Attila wrote:
    On Tue, 30 Apr 2024 21:43:47 +1000, Maximus
    <gladiator@colosseum.rome> in alt.atheism with message-id
    <l9c3rjFsglgU1@mid.individual.net> wrote:

    Attila wrote:
    On Tue, 30 Apr 2024 18:18:28 +1000, Maximus
    <gladiator@colosseum.rome> in alt.atheism with message-id
    <l9bnqmFqncgU1@mid.individual.net> wrote:

    Attila wrote:
    On Tue, 30 Apr 2024 11:59:25 +1000, Maximus
    <gladiator@colosseum.rome> in alt.atheism with message-id >>>>>>>>>>> <l9b1k0FniudU1@mid.individual.net> wrote:

    Attila wrote:
    On Sun, 28 Apr 2024 21:38:00 -0700, The Starmaker
    <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> in alt.atheism with message-id >>>>>>>>>>>>> <662F2428.72E6@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    The Starmaker wrote:
    Atheism is a belief, it's not a science.
    Religious beliefs and Atheism beliefs are both on the >>>>>>>>>>>>>> same level of ...beliefs.


    Atheist are confident that there is no God, as Religions >>>>>>>>>>>>>> are confident that there is a God.



    They are are both on the same level of ...beliefs.
    Not really.  Theists postulate the existence of something >>>>>>>>>>>>> without any supporting evidence for that existence.
    I disagree. billions of believers and personal testimony is >>>>>>>>>>>> evidence.
    Personal testimony is never evidence
    any court would disagree with you
    It is well known that personal testimony is the poorest kind >>>>>>>>> of evidence.
    maybe, but still evidence. and it's relative to numbers. if
    twenty pp
    say they saw me run down a pedestrian in my car, that carries more >>>>>>>> weight than if just one person says it.
    I agree - it is evidence.  It just isn't very useful
    evidence.

    The value of eyewitnesses:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJG698U2Mvo

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubNF9QNEQLA

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahg6qcgoay4

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bnnmWYI0lM
    I'm not going to watch all those, sorry. (see comment below)
    Any one will do.  They all show what you see may not be
    reality.

    since there is no way
    to support it.
          As far as the "belief of billions" is
    concerned there are hundreds of different beliefs in there >>>>>>>>>>> and they can't all be correct.
    I was referring to Xtianity and Islam primarily
    How about Hindu?
    about 1.2 billion. but Christians and Islamists make up over
    50% of all
    religious faiths.
    So what?  That doesn't mean any of them are valid.
    no, but your point is there's no evidence. I say it's evidence the >>>>>> beliefs could be valid.
    Or not.  There is no actual evidence that would convince
    someone either way.

         There are hundreds of others.  In fact
    there are many, many different Christian beliefs.
    yes. I'm just saying it's not as you say that there's no
    evidence. for
    example believers spend a lot of money in support of their
    faith. just
    near where I am there's a 7th day Adventist complex worth many >>>>>>>> millions
    of dollars. also many intelligent ppl have religious beliefs.
    in fact
    theists vastly outnumber us. you can't just dismiss such things >>>>>>>> as being
    no evidence that there may be some validity to their beliefs.
    Or not.  There is exactly the same support either way.


    but at the
    end of the day, I look at what the beliefs actually are. when
    one does
    that, it's not so difficult to dismiss them as nonsense. eg.
    xtians
    believe they will live in mansions, and walk on streets paved
    with gold
    in some god adoring afterlife, and muslims believe they will
    get 70
    virgins if they die as martyrs.
    Most religions have common factors - rewards for believers
    and painful punishment for non-believers.
    Basically there is no actual supporting evidence either way
    for anything involving religion.  That is why faith was
    invented.  Faith is belief without evidence - for those who
    believe in such.
    no, faith is belief without proof
    Proof - evidence - either way it is the same thing.  No
    facts.
    no. evidence is not proof. evidence is just something that supports a
    conclusion.
    True, but usually evidence has some validity factor.

    Just what is evidence is usually left to the judgment of the
    parties involved, which makes unsupported evidence useless.
    Meaningful evidence is unambiguous, unrelated, verifiable
    and credible.


    unsupported evidence is not useless. all evidence is evaluated on
    it's credibility. if there's a murder and I say I saw it happen, but
    no one else did, that still needs to be investigated.

    A fact is a statement that can be verified. It can be proven
    to be true or false through objective evidence.  No religion
    has this.
    yes they do. Muhammad is an historical person, as is Jesus
    Absolutely correct but there is no unambiguous, unrelated,
    verifiable and credible evidence that they were any
    different from any John Doe off any street.

    the impact they had on the world suggests otherwise

       Simply
    accepting (or proving) someone with that name existed at a
    certain time and place proves nothing.

    There is no independent and unrelated supporting evidence.
    . the gospels for example are a basis
    for Xtian faith
    Or for any other religion.  None of them have anything
    beyond faith.  Your gospels are accepted as being true
    without any supporting evidence.
    the gospels are evidence for the events they contain
    Your acceptance of them as evidence does nothing to actually
    validate them

    nevertheless they are still evidence for what they contain. your
    claim is there's no evidence for religious belief, not that there's
    no proof. just as sporting organizations, clubs, and participants are
    evidence for their sport, ie. that the sport exists, Churches and
    Mosques and the believers (billions of them) are evidence for their
    God. ie. that the God exists, or there wouldn't be any Churches or
    Mosques. to me this seem obvious.

    No, that is incorrect. Churches and churchgoers are evidence that
    churches and organized religions exist. They are not evidence of
    everything that religion proclaims to be true, is true.


    I'm not saying they are



      Such validation requires unambiguous,
    unrelated, verifiable and credible evidence,

    it's irrelevant
    whether those events are true or not. they are still evidence. but
    some
    things in the gospels are known to be factual. Bart Ehrman is a (very) >>>> good authority on this.
    Nothing beyond some physical locations and independently
    verified historical figures.  None of the mystical or
    supernatural claims are independently supported.

    yes



    --
    “Atheism is the birth right of all human, remember that!”- hhyapster 7.4.23

    "Christian beliefs cannot withstand reason, fact, and knowledge"

    "Religion is not about truth, it's about lifestyle"

    "God is a convenient explanation for what man does not understand.
    The less that's inexplicable, the less need for a 'God' explanation."

    "The problem with theism is that it never remains within
    the realm of belief, but invariably proceeds to assertion"

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Mighty Mouse@21:1/5 to Michael Christ on Sat May 4 21:26:58 2024
    XPost: sci.physics, alt.atheism

    Michael Christ wrote:
    On 4/05/2024 7:03 pm, Attila wrote:
    On Sat, 4 May 2024 12:25:30 +1000, Maximus
    <gladiator@colosseum.rome> in alt.atheism with message-id
    <l9lkksFb5ebU3@mid.individual.net> wrote:

    Attila wrote:
    On Fri, 3 May 2024 22:37:39 +1000, Maximus
    <gladiator@colosseum.rome> in alt.atheism with message-id
    <l9k44kF468qU1@mid.individual.net> wrote:

    Attila wrote:
    On Thu, 2 May 2024 10:36:18 +1000, Maximus
    <gladiator@colosseum.rome> in alt.atheism with message-id
    <l9g5g4FglehU2@mid.individual.net> wrote:

    Attila wrote:
    On Wed, 1 May 2024 20:43:25 +0100, cld
    <clowd@nimbus.net.inv> in alt.atheism with message-id
    <SOqcnQWwu_GqBq_7nZ2dnZeNn_SdnZ2d@giganews.com> wrote:

    Attila wrote:
    On Wed, 1 May 2024 01:01:01 +1000, Maximus
    <gladiator@colosseum.rome> in alt.atheism with message-id
    <l9cfdfFu7b8U1@mid.individual.net> wrote:

    Did the last sane person leaving California remember to
    turn off the lights?  Did he do the same for the Rotten
    Apple?

    Abortion should be like any other medical procedure
    and be the decision of the patient and the doctor.

    -----------------
    and the third person
    There is no third person before live birth.

    yes there is, the father.
    He is not involved at this point.
    so only the mother has a say in what happens?

    She is the only person directly involved.  The final
    decision belongs to her.  She is the only one directly
    affected by that decision.

    the father is directly involved. her decision will determine if he will
    eventually have a biological child or not, assuming no miscarriage


    No, the events will progress even if the father is not aware
    of the situation.  The only person who is always involved in
    deciding what the eventual result will be is the woman
    involved.  In fact, the father does not even need to be
    alive.

    Her decision and her decision alone will determine he
    outcome.

    "Atheists never agree and are always squabbling over dumb things."

    You've just been given a Maximus-like Mindset Moron Mindless Motto!



    we discuss intelligently. theists don't. you just keep telling each
    other my belief is right, yours is wrong.




    Michael Christ



    --





    --
    Have a nice day!..

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Maximus@21:1/5 to Attila on Sat May 4 21:23:06 2024
    XPost: sci.physics, alt.atheism

    Attila wrote:
    On Sat, 4 May 2024 12:25:30 +1000, Maximus
    <gladiator@colosseum.rome> in alt.atheism with message-id <l9lkksFb5ebU3@mid.individual.net> wrote:

    Attila wrote:
    On Fri, 3 May 2024 22:37:39 +1000, Maximus
    <gladiator@colosseum.rome> in alt.atheism with message-id
    <l9k44kF468qU1@mid.individual.net> wrote:

    Attila wrote:
    On Thu, 2 May 2024 10:36:18 +1000, Maximus
    <gladiator@colosseum.rome> in alt.atheism with message-id
    <l9g5g4FglehU2@mid.individual.net> wrote:

    Attila wrote:
    On Wed, 1 May 2024 20:43:25 +0100, cld
    <clowd@nimbus.net.inv> in alt.atheism with message-id
    <SOqcnQWwu_GqBq_7nZ2dnZeNn_SdnZ2d@giganews.com> wrote:

    Attila wrote:
    On Wed, 1 May 2024 01:01:01 +1000, Maximus
    <gladiator@colosseum.rome> in alt.atheism with message-id
    <l9cfdfFu7b8U1@mid.individual.net> wrote:

    Did the last sane person leaving California remember to
    turn off the lights? Did he do the same for the Rotten
    Apple?

    Abortion should be like any other medical procedure
    and be the decision of the patient and the doctor.

    -----------------
    and the third person
    There is no third person before live birth.

    yes there is, the father.
    He is not involved at this point.
    so only the mother has a say in what happens?

    She is the only person directly involved. The final
    decision belongs to her. She is the only one directly
    affected by that decision.
    the father is directly involved. her decision will determine if he will
    eventually have a biological child or not, assuming no miscarriage

    No,

    that makes no sense. if the woman has a abortion the father doesn't get
    to be a parent

    the events will progress even if the father is not aware
    of the situation. The only person who is always involved in
    deciding what the eventual result will be is the woman
    involved. In fact, the father does not even need to be
    alive.

    Her decision and her decision alone will determine he
    outcome.

    of course. but I'm saying the father has a right to say whether the
    pregnancy should be terminated or not. but of course the woman will do
    what she wants regardless

    --
    “Atheism is the birth right of all human, remember that!”- hhyapster 7.4.23

    "Christian beliefs fail against reason, facts, and knowledge"

    "Religion is not about truth, it's about lifestyle"

    "God is a convenient explanation for what man does not understand.
    The less that's inexplicable, the less need for a 'God' explanation."

    "The problem with theism is that it never remains within
    the realm of belief, but invariably proceeds to assertion"

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Attila@21:1/5 to 6637CC6C.20E0@ix.netcom.com on Sun May 5 18:18:43 2024
    XPost: sci.physics, alt.atheism

    On Sun, 05 May 2024 11:14:04 -0700, The Starmaker
    <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> in alt.atheism with message-id <6637CC6C.20E0@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    Attila < wrote:

    On Thu, 2 May 2024 21:50:39 +0100, cld
    <clowd@nimbus.net.inv> in alt.atheism with message-id
    <1LednWR_pcz1Ya77nZ2dnZeNn_ednZ2d@giganews.com> wrote:

    Attila wrote:
    On Wed, 1 May 2024 20:43:25 +0100, cld
    <clowd@nimbus.net.inv> in alt.atheism with message-id
    <SOqcnQWwu_GqBq_7nZ2dnZeNn_SdnZ2d@giganews.com> wrote:

    Attila wrote:
    On Wed, 1 May 2024 01:01:01 +1000, Maximus
    <gladiator@colosseum.rome> in alt.atheism with message-id
    <l9cfdfFu7b8U1@mid.individual.net> wrote:


    Did the last sane person leaving California remember to
    turn off the lights? Did he do the same for the Rotten
    Apple?

    Abortion should be like any other medical procedure
    and be the decision of the patient and the doctor.

    -----------------

    and the third person

    There is no third person before live birth.

    Conception comes before birth, ask anyone.



    Irrelevant. In some cultures in the past babies were not
    named until they were one year old due to the high infant
    mortality rate.

    If a fetus is a person can it be counted in a census? Is it
    a tax deduction? Is it a citizen? Of where? Does it need
    a passport?


    a citizen? the fetus 'occupies' a place on earth

    A citizen is a recognized legal member of a particular
    country.



    Albert Einstein said he was a citizen of the earth...

    So what? Did he decide the qualifications?


    but i don't know how to verify earth to you.


    i might find for you 'a blue dot' somewhere in space..
    but i don't see the letters e-a-r-t-h on it, so
    i'll have to keep trying to see if i can verify if
    an earth exist.

    wat about if i'm standing on the moon and i see
    a BIG blue dot, would that help?

    The Earth has no one formal political structure to grant
    citizenship to anyone.

    One could just as properly claim to be a citizen of the
    galaxy - for what it's worth.

    --

    Some of the Republican positions I find disgusting
    and abhorrent.
    Most of the Democratic positions I find terrifying.

    Whatever it takes - Stop the Democrats. Or the Dims
    as I prefer to call them

    The most dangerous enemies the United States has:

    Biden the Senile Bastard and his Bitch and
    supported by the Sluts and Pimps including
    Ilhan Omar, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez,
    Ayanna Pressley, Rashida Tlaib, Jamaal Bowman,
    Cori Bush, Adam Schiff, Maxine Waters, Jerry Nadler,
    Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi and Cory Booker. They
    have stepped over the line and are working against
    the country and what it stands for.

    Do not work with them but oppose everything they attempt.

    Stop the Green Raw Deal! I dare call it treason.
    Go WOKE. Go broke.
    CRT - Criminals Recruiting Thugs
    DEI - Dumbass Egotistical Idiocy
    End all social engineering programs.

    I don't know how Comical Karine can still hold a straight
    face with what she has to say.

    Did the last sane person leaving California remember to
    turn off the lights? Did he do the same for the Rotten
    Apple?

    Abortion should be like any other medical procedure
    and be the decision of the patient and the doctor.
    It is the business of no one else.

    There is only one reason for a woman to get an abortion.
    She want's it. All else is irrelevant

    I support a Pro-Choice Constitutional Amendment.

    Don't build a wall, build a kill zone.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Attila@21:1/5 to message-id on Mon May 6 05:37:53 2024
    XPost: sci.physics, alt.atheism

    On Mon, 6 May 2024 10:11:45 +1000, Michael Christ <michaelmclean2021@outlook.com> in alt.atheism with
    message-id <v19781$22vne$3@dont-email.me> wrote:

    On 6/05/2024 8:18 am, Attila wrote:
    On Sun, 05 May 2024 11:14:04 -0700, The Starmaker
    <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> in alt.atheism with message-id
    <6637CC6C.20E0@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    Attila < wrote:

    On Thu, 2 May 2024 21:50:39 +0100, cld
    <clowd@nimbus.net.inv> in alt.atheism with message-id
    <1LednWR_pcz1Ya77nZ2dnZeNn_ednZ2d@giganews.com> wrote:

    Attila wrote:
    On Wed, 1 May 2024 20:43:25 +0100, cld
    <clowd@nimbus.net.inv> in alt.atheism with message-id
    <SOqcnQWwu_GqBq_7nZ2dnZeNn_SdnZ2d@giganews.com> wrote:

    Attila wrote:
    On Wed, 1 May 2024 01:01:01 +1000, Maximus
    <gladiator@colosseum.rome> in alt.atheism with message-id
    <l9cfdfFu7b8U1@mid.individual.net> wrote:


    Did the last sane person leaving California remember to
    turn off the lights? Did he do the same for the Rotten
    Apple?

    Abortion should be like any other medical procedure
    and be the decision of the patient and the doctor.

    -----------------

    and the third person

    There is no third person before live birth.

    Conception comes before birth, ask anyone.



    Irrelevant. In some cultures in the past babies were not
    named until they were one year old due to the high infant
    mortality rate.

    If a fetus is a person can it be counted in a census? Is it
    a tax deduction? Is it a citizen? Of where? Does it need
    a passport?


    a citizen? the fetus 'occupies' a place on earth

    A citizen is a recognized legal member of a particular
    country.

    And a fetus is a citizen, a recognized member of the human race
    according to God.

    God doesn't issue citizenship papers, historically a fetus
    is not a member of the human race and citizenship requires a
    distinct political entity.

    But keep trying. Even a stopped clock is correct twice per
    day.



    Michael Christ






    Albert Einstein said he was a citizen of the earth...

    So what? Did he decide the qualifications?


    but i don't know how to verify earth to you.


    i might find for you 'a blue dot' somewhere in space..
    but i don't see the letters e-a-r-t-h on it, so
    i'll have to keep trying to see if i can verify if
    an earth exist.

    wat about if i'm standing on the moon and i see
    a BIG blue dot, would that help?

    The Earth has no one formal political structure to grant
    citizenship to anyone.

    One could just as properly claim to be a citizen of the
    galaxy - for what it's worth.


    --

    Some of the Republican positions I find disgusting
    and abhorrent.
    Most of the Democratic positions I find terrifying.

    Whatever it takes - Stop the Democrats. Or the Dims
    as I prefer to call them

    The most dangerous enemies the United States has:

    Biden the Senile Bastard and his Bitch and
    supported by the Sluts and Pimps including
    Ilhan Omar, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez,
    Ayanna Pressley, Rashida Tlaib, Jamaal Bowman,
    Cori Bush, Adam Schiff, Maxine Waters, Jerry Nadler,
    Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi and Cory Booker. They
    have stepped over the line and are working against
    the country and what it stands for.

    Do not work with them but oppose everything they attempt.

    Stop the Green Raw Deal! I dare call it treason.
    Go WOKE. Go broke.
    CRT - Criminals Recruiting Thugs
    DEI - Dumbass Egotistical Idiocy
    End all social engineering programs.

    I don't know how Comical Karine can still hold a straight
    face with what she has to say.

    Did the last sane person leaving California remember to
    turn off the lights? Did he do the same for the Rotten
    Apple?

    Abortion should be like any other medical procedure
    and be the decision of the patient and the doctor.
    It is the business of no one else.

    There is only one reason for a woman to get an abortion.
    She want's it. All else is irrelevant

    I support a Pro-Choice Constitutional Amendment.

    Don't build a wall, build a kill zone.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Michael Christ@21:1/5 to Attila on Fri May 10 21:38:10 2024
    XPost: sci.physics, alt.atheism

    On 10/05/2024 3:05 pm, Attila wrote:
    On Fri, 10 May 2024 11:08:49 +1000, Maximus
    <gladiator@colosseum.rome> in alt.atheism with message-id <la5ad5FmaaaU1@mid.individual.net> wrote:

    Attila wrote:
    On Thu, 9 May 2024 23:50:31 +1000, Maximus
    <gladiator@colosseum.rome> in alt.atheism with message-id
    <la42laFgid5U1@mid.individual.net> wrote:

    Attila wrote:
    On Wed, 08 May 2024 21:12:05 -0700, The Starmaker
    <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> in alt.atheism with message-id
    <663C4D15.32A5@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    Attila < wrote:
    On Tue, 07 May 2024 23:52:13 -0700, The Starmaker
    <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> in alt.atheism with message-id
    <663B211D.EF4@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    Attila < wrote:
    On Mon, 06 May 2024 22:02:30 -0700, The Starmaker
    <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> in alt.atheism with message-id
    <6639B5E6.4553@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    Okay, back to my reverse engineering...

    you agree there was some verification for an
    earth and the heavens (you call it the universe)
    They exist as proven by any number of verifiable and
    repeatable experiments. Since they provide the structure
    for our lives it would be a bit difficult to exist without
    them.

    And no, I am not getting into a dialog about whether or not
    we exist.

    'In the beginning, God
    created the heavens and
    the earth.'
    You keep repeating a meaningless quote from an unverified
    source as if is relevant. Why is that?

    Since it is unverified it is useless.

    Next in reverse engineering is

    "created"
    '...created the heavens and
    the earth.'


    Do you agree the universe/heavens and the earth
    was...
    'created'???
    Not necessarily. And especially I have no idea how such
    possible creation took place. Those are things that are not >>>>>>>>> yet known.
    you wrote:
    "creation took place"
    "Possible creation" I do not concede such creation
    occurred.
    Are we back to the earth doesn't exist in your mind again???
    Since I never said that. no.

    I said there is no supporting evidence that the Earth was
    created or that any god exists.

    I will modify my Earth response since there is supported
    evidence that it was created at some point from matter that
    was not included in the sun. There is no reason to think
    any "creator" was involved at any point.


    I know exactly where your mind is at...


    You walk into a movie theater 1 minute before the movie ends...

    you walk in, sit down and everyone else gets up and leaves..

    you stare at the blank screen.

    dats it.


    you stare at ...nothiness.


    you died.
    Actually when I die I expect the same level of awareness
    that I had before I was born.


    https://auslink.info/video/tyson_death.mp4
    It sounds like our opinions basically agree.


    definitely, but more than opinion. I believe we cease to exist with
    death. I don't believe in a soul or any afterlife.

    I agree but I have no direct evidence either way.

    So you agree about what you have no evidence about.

    :-).

    You idiots!

    I am not going to say "stupid contradictors." Oh shit, it is just too
    hard; you stupid contradictors.

    :-).



    Michael Christ

    --
    God is God in all His Being.

    Jesus is the everlasting Father, Jesus is God, Jesus is the Lord. John
    10:30  I and Father are one. If you can't see that the Lord Jesus is the everlasting Father you are not born again and can't see the Kingdom of God.

    Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were
    YET sinners, Christ died for us.

    Jeremiah 10:23 O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it
    is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

    Psalms 53:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt
    are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

    Proverbs 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

    "To seek your own will is to seek your own glory."

    "If God is not first in everything He is not first in anything."

    "What makes the bible the truth? The resonance (voice, the Person) of
    God. When you find Him you have found the author."

    "All men were born sinners. Why? Because all men were born not loving
    God with all their heart, soul, and mind. An abomination. Therefore,
    sin is not what you do; it is what you are."

    "Compromise will condemn you."

    "There are no sinners in Christ Jesus."

    "My sons are born of Me. In them is no darkness at all."

    "You can't learn righteousness. Haven't you had enough time already to
    know that?"

    "The way of truth is the testimony of life."

    "I merely speak the truth, what is revealed to me, and the cards fall
    where God intends."

    "Nothing that is produced is produced without first being faith."

    "You can only find proof of God through faith because that is how we all
    live, by faith."

    "It is not what you do that matters, it is how you treat Me."

    "Keep going forward. Forget about the past. Lift up your head, look
    ahead."

    "You cannot be free and free indeed with guilt in your heart."

    "Priority is everything."

    "The truth doesn't need evidence, it is evidence."

    "There is no greater possession a man has than his own will, to squander
    it or to place it where it truly belongs."

    "An atheist is a fool who thinks truth is found in living a lie."

    "Saying "prove it" [as a foundation] is merely an ignorant straw man, to
    an ignorant straw man."

    "Wait, rest, be still, and know."

    "No man can wash his own hands!!!"

    "I find this in the Christianity religions: 'Nobody's perfect' they say,
    and they use that as an excuse not to do what is perfect."

    The Atheist: "They don't believe and put their faith in a Creator (the obvious). So no evidence and proof is to be found!!"

    "The world is the way it is because God can't compromise who He is."

    "Man is not the centre of being."

    "Man is incompatible with the natural world because of his sinful nature."

    "And then the Lord said, "I see everything."

    "Man has no greater idol than his own will."

    "Where is God hiding? He isn't."

    "If you don't keep all the scriptures, you can't keep any of them."

    "You can't prove anything because everything depends on a person's
    willingness to believe."

    "Atheists are ultimately trying to be pointlessness, meaninglessness,
    and purposelessness in their point, meaning, and purpose."

    "The last day of creation will be the last day of time. God is always
    full of hope."

    "The veil of the temple was rent in twain, not to have a book pass
    through it so that a sinner could play God."

    "A phylactery does not a heart for God make. Not back then, and not today."

    "No one in heaven is better (or higher) than what makes it heaven. Such
    is the love of God."

    "The definition of an atheist: A man full of bluster and bullshit
    pretending he is the meaning of life."

    "Free will is not power; it is the choice that I allow; that choice is
    still according to my power," says the Lord.

    What does a fool do? A fool looks for a "nothing" in a "something" in
    order to explain the existence of existence.

    "Unless you do all because He is who He is, all your religion is in vain."

    "Every man is subject to God; He judges every man, and He is reality.
     What a gift in a fallen world!"

    "Love MUST be a choice or it is nothing but a law!"

    "Why were all men born sinners? So that God could reveal Himself, so
    that we would behold the glory of God, and that we should bring forth
    the glory of God"

    "God does not and will not arbitrate for any man to love Him! If God
    isn't everything to you, He is nothing to you where the rubber meets the
    road."

    "It is the unforgivable sin not to love God with all your heart, soul,
    and mind. What do you have that is lasting? It is not so much being
    punished; it is what you are left with."

    "Love isn't worth anything without first a free will choice for God to
    birth it in a man."

    "The point of salvation: desperation. Anything less than that is self-righteousness."

    "A sinner is not a believer in God; a sinner is a believer in sin."

    "A piece of dirt is not the promised land; that is only a reflection.
    The promised land is knowing Me, says the Lord."

    "It is all about God or it is all about idolatry."

    "The Lord Jesus is coming soon. He has always come soon."

    "There is no revolving door of self-worship in a son of God's life!"

    "There is no such thing as random!"

    "You can't truly love without it being with all your heart."

    "No one can see God without their whole heart. Unless you can see God,
    you know nothing."

    "You can't learn God, God has to reveal Himself to you."

    "No sinner is sinless in any way."

    "Only God is life; only the Kingdom of God of His "Nature" is life."

    "What you believe is just a leaning on your own understanding; faith is
    a leaning on the one you have chosen to trust."

    "God uses the "letter" to crucify a man and raise him from the dead."

    "Not fearing God is sheer stupidity for sinners."

    "Self-righteousness is any exclusion of God in your heart, because any exclusion reveals that you think more about yourself than what you
    really are."

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Maximus@21:1/5 to Attila on Wed May 15 21:39:32 2024
    XPost: sci.physics, alt.atheism, alt.homosexual

    Attila wrote:
    On Wed, 15 May 2024 06:38:09 GMT, "Ted"
    <ted.street@gmail.com> in alt.atheism with message-id <lLY0O.100365$Y79f.79618@fx16.iad> wrote:

    Attila wrote:

    On Tue, 14 May 2024 16:30:31 GMT, "Ted"
    <ted.street@gmail.com> in alt.atheism with message-id
    <HkM0O.14091$yT%1.12724@fx33.iad> wrote:

    Attila wrote:

    On Sun, 12 May 2024 17:17:23 GMT, "Ted"
    <ted.street@gmail.com> in alt.atheism with message-id
    <DQ60O.88922$TyYf.22662@fx15.iad> wrote:

    Michael Christ wrote:

    On 12/05/2024 2:49 pm, Attila wrote:
    On Sat, 11 May 2024 21:07:15 -0700, The Starmaker
    <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> in alt.atheism with message-id
    <66404073.5835@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    Attila < wrote:
    On Sat, 11 May 2024 11:10:59 -0700, The Starmaker
    <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> in alt.atheism with message-id
    <663FB4B3.48A3@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    Maximus wrote:

    I believe we cease to exist with
    death. I don't believe in a soul or any afterlife.
    "believe"????


    Of course people have souls, or a spiritual essence, or
    whatchamacallit it.

    When you die...your soul leaves your body.

    Very similar to an out-of-the-body experience.


    Your soul leaves your body and you can see your body if
    you >> >> > > > > bother to look down.

    Now animals don't have souls, or insects, or fishes, or
    gorillas, etc, ...just people do.
    Where is your evidence to support that? Unambiguous,
    unrelated, verifiable and credible evidence?

    I have yet to see any evidence that any soul exists.

    I performed some experiments on gorillas, and none of them
    has >> a >> > > soul.
    Exactly how did you determine this? Please be precise and
    detailed.
    Of course, they have no sole, you idiot, gorillas don't where
    shoes!

    Exactly.

    All atheists are idiots.


    Michael Christ

    Oh sheesh. Attilla is still trying to insist that soles don't
    exist. >> > His pointing out that animals don't wear shoes is just a
    pathetic >> > grasping at straws. But it's all he has left. Because
    he pig >> > headedly refuses to admit that humans have soles.
    Does that include humans who have no feet?


    Now you're getting into philosophy. I suppose it's possible.
    I am just paying the silly homophone game I did not start.

    I'm not interested in faggot games, sorry. But I crossposted this
    response to alt.homosexual. Maybe someone there will play with you.


    I see in your ignorance you don't know what a homophone is.
    Why am I not surprised?


    I suspect he does know and is just playing with you

    --
    “Atheism is the birth right of all human, remember that!”- hhyapster 7.4.23

    "Christian beliefs fail against reason, facts, and knowledge"

    "Religion is not about truth, it's about lifestyle"

    "God is a convenient explanation for what man does not understand.
    The less that's inexplicable, the less need for a 'God' explanation."

    "The problem with theism is that it never remains within
    the realm of belief, but invariably proceeds to assertion"

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Athel Cornish-Bowden@21:1/5 to Malte Runz on Wed May 15 19:02:16 2024
    On 2024-04-29 17:36:12 +0000, Malte Runz said:

    On Sun, 28 Apr 2024 21:38:00 -0700, The Starmaker
    <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    The Starmaker wrote:

    Atheism is a belief, it's not a science.

    Religious beliefs and Atheism beliefs are both on the same level of ...beliefs.

    Nope. Atheism is a lack of belief in the existence of a god.


    Atheist are confident that there is no God, ...

    That's a strawman. Not believing in the existence of a god is not the
    same as a belief in the non-existence of a god.

    Yes. Not believing in God is no more a belief than not collecting
    stamps is a hobby (Richard Dawkins's example).

    ... as Religions are confident that there is a God.


    "Religions" are not confident that there is a god. The followers are. Anyway...



    They are are both on the same level of ...beliefs.

    Without claiming knowledge, I would say that I believe there are no
    gods. But the difference between my belief and the theist's belief is
    that I can be proven wrong, whereas the theist can't. And that is the fundamental difference between the two kinds of belief.


    --
    athel -- biochemist, not a physicist, but detector of crackpots

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Ren@21:1/5 to All on Sat May 25 18:28:08 2024
    XPost: sci.physics, alt.atheism

    Atheism is a belief, it's not a science.


    Case closed. I don't want to hear none of your lip!

    Do I make myself clear?


    The allmighty Gods of Atheism have been wreaking havoc with tornados on the poor midwestern states.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From The Starmaker@21:1/5 to Attila on Wed May 29 13:21:14 2024
    XPost: sci.physics, alt.atheism

    Attila < wrote:

    On Wed, 29 May 2024 09:44:34 -0700, The Starmaker
    <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> in alt.atheism with message-id <66575B72.7656@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    Maximus wrote:

    The Starmaker wrote:
    Maximus wrote:
    The Starmaker wrote:
    On Sat, 27 Apr 2024 10:57:02 -0700, The Starmaker
    <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    Atheism is a belief, it's not a science.
    So, since Atheism is a belief, and it's not a science...
    who is claiming atheism is a science?


    Most books on atheism are written by scientists and the 'scientific community', not christians.

    if so that doesn't mean atheism is a science


    People who write books mostly write about ..what they know.

    Since most atheism books are writteb by the 'scientific community', it
    is they who claiming
    atheism is a science (even if they don't believe it themslves).

    I already explained this, Atheism books is not about atheism...it's
    about How To Murder God.

    I was not aware there is a law against killing a god. Any
    god..



    There are laws that are called Laws of Nature, that are not written in
    books...

    and God does not allow anyone to get away with...Murder...especially
    His.


    God will get you for dat.






    --
    The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
    to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
    and challenge the unchallengeable.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Attila@21:1/5 to y9WcnSCg6Y9UE8r7nZ2dnZfqn_YAAAAA@gi on Wed May 29 18:33:18 2024
    XPost: sci.physics, alt.atheism

    On Wed, 29 May 2024 13:23:36 -0700, % <pursent100@gmail.com>
    in alt.atheism with message-id
    <y9WcnSCg6Y9UE8r7nZ2dnZfqn_YAAAAA@giganews.com> wrote:

    The Starmaker wrote:
    Attila < wrote:

    On Wed, 29 May 2024 09:44:34 -0700, The Starmaker
    <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> in alt.atheism with message-id
    <66575B72.7656@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    Maximus wrote:

    The Starmaker wrote:
    Maximus wrote:
    The Starmaker wrote:
    On Sat, 27 Apr 2024 10:57:02 -0700, The Starmaker
    <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    Atheism is a belief, it's not a science.
    So, since Atheism is a belief, and it's not a science...
    who is claiming atheism is a science?


    Most books on atheism are written by scientists and the 'scientific community', not christians.

    if so that doesn't mean atheism is a science


    People who write books mostly write about ..what they know.

    Since most atheism books are writteb by the 'scientific community', it >>>> is they who claiming
    atheism is a science (even if they don't believe it themslves).

    I already explained this, Atheism books is not about atheism...it's
    about How To Murder God.

    I was not aware there is a law against killing a god. Any
    god..



    There are laws that are called Laws of Nature, that are not written in
    books...

    and God does not allow anyone to get away with...Murder...especially
    His.


    God will get you for dat.






    i think , " thou shall not kill " says it all

    Meaningless quotation from an unverified source.

    --

    Some of the Republican positions I find disgusting
    and abhorrent.
    Most of the Democratic positions I find terrifying.

    Whatever it takes - Stop the Democrats. Or the Dims
    as I prefer to call them

    The most dangerous enemies the United States has:

    Biden the Senile Bastard and his Bitch and
    supported by the Sluts and Pimps including
    Ilhan Omar, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez,
    Ayanna Pressley, Rashida Tlaib, Jamaal Bowman,
    Cori Bush, Adam Schiff, Maxine Waters, Jerry Nadler,
    Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi and Cory Booker. They
    have stepped over the line and are working against
    the country and what it stands for.

    Do not work with them but oppose everything they attempt.

    Stop the Green Raw Deal! I dare call it treason.
    Go WOKE. Go broke.
    CRT - Criminals Recruiting Thugs
    DEI - Dumbass Egotistical Idiocy
    End all social engineering programs.

    I don't know how Comical Karine can still hold a straight
    face with what she has to say.

    Did the last sane person leaving California remember to
    turn off the lights? Did he do the same for the Rotten
    Apple?

    Abortion should be like any other medical procedure
    and be the decision of the patient and the doctor.
    It is the business of no one else.

    There is only one reason for a woman to get an abortion.
    She want's it. All else is irrelevant

    I support a Pro-Choice Constitutional Amendment.

    Don't build a wall, build a kill zone.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Attila@21:1/5 to 66578E3A.57FC@ix.netcom.com on Wed May 29 18:32:13 2024
    XPost: sci.physics, alt.atheism

    On Wed, 29 May 2024 13:21:14 -0700, The Starmaker
    <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> in alt.atheism with message-id <66578E3A.57FC@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    Attila < wrote:

    On Wed, 29 May 2024 09:44:34 -0700, The Starmaker
    <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> in alt.atheism with message-id
    <66575B72.7656@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    Maximus wrote:

    The Starmaker wrote:
    Maximus wrote:
    The Starmaker wrote:
    On Sat, 27 Apr 2024 10:57:02 -0700, The Starmaker
    <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    Atheism is a belief, it's not a science.
    So, since Atheism is a belief, and it's not a science...
    who is claiming atheism is a science?


    Most books on atheism are written by scientists and the 'scientific community', not christians.

    if so that doesn't mean atheism is a science


    People who write books mostly write about ..what they know.

    Since most atheism books are writteb by the 'scientific community', it
    is they who claiming
    atheism is a science (even if they don't believe it themslves).

    I already explained this, Atheism books is not about atheism...it's
    about How To Murder God.

    I was not aware there is a law against killing a god. Any
    god..



    There are laws that are called Laws of Nature, that are not written in >books...

    If one of these laws is violated who enforces it and how?


    and God does not allow anyone to get away with...Murder...especially
    His.

    Murder is a specific term with a specific meaning and
    requires violation of specific laws under specific
    conditions.



    God will get you for dat.

    I have yet to see any valid evidence supporting the
    existence of any god.


    --

    Some of the Republican positions I find disgusting
    and abhorrent.
    Most of the Democratic positions I find terrifying.

    Whatever it takes - Stop the Democrats. Or the Dims
    as I prefer to call them

    The most dangerous enemies the United States has:

    Biden the Senile Bastard and his Bitch and
    supported by the Sluts and Pimps including
    Ilhan Omar, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez,
    Ayanna Pressley, Rashida Tlaib, Jamaal Bowman,
    Cori Bush, Adam Schiff, Maxine Waters, Jerry Nadler,
    Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi and Cory Booker. They
    have stepped over the line and are working against
    the country and what it stands for.

    Do not work with them but oppose everything they attempt.

    Stop the Green Raw Deal! I dare call it treason.
    Go WOKE. Go broke.
    CRT - Criminals Recruiting Thugs
    DEI - Dumbass Egotistical Idiocy
    End all social engineering programs.

    I don't know how Comical Karine can still hold a straight
    face with what she has to say.

    Did the last sane person leaving California remember to
    turn off the lights? Did he do the same for the Rotten
    Apple?

    Abortion should be like any other medical procedure
    and be the decision of the patient and the doctor.
    It is the business of no one else.

    There is only one reason for a woman to get an abortion.
    She want's it. All else is irrelevant

    I support a Pro-Choice Constitutional Amendment.

    Don't build a wall, build a kill zone.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From The Starmaker@21:1/5 to Attila on Wed May 29 17:04:15 2024
    XPost: sci.physics, alt.atheism

    Attila < wrote:


    I have yet to see any valid evidence supporting the
    existence of any god.


    Do you see trees anywhere else in the universe?

    or red, yellow and blue paint anywhere else in the universe?

    or

    snowflakes like we got here on earth?


    or a single blade of grass anywhere else in the universe????








    --
    The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
    to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
    and challenge the unchallengeable.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Athel Cornish-Bowden@21:1/5 to Attila on Sat Jun 1 08:22:05 2024
    On 2024-05-31 20:37:52 +0000, Attila < said:

    On Fri, 31 May 2024 12:11:35 -0700, The Starmaker
    <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> in alt.atheism with message-id <665A20E7.F58@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    [ … ]

    The ham sandwich is what some others accept as sufficient
    evidence. Thus proving nuts are everywhere.

    Chock full o'Nuts is that heavenly coffee!...

    I first encountered Chock full o'Nuts during aperiod of coffee
    deprivation in China in 1983. All I could find in the hotel shop was
    Chock full o'Nuts. "Heavenly" is not the word I'd use. It was
    absolutely the most vile coffee I have ever had. Maxwell House looked
    good by comparison.

    --
    athel -- biochemist, not a physicist, but detector of crackpots

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)