• Too Many Clocks

    From The Starmaker@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 20 23:33:50 2023
    I don't know
    but somebody
    messed up
    somewhere...
    too many clocks
    running at
    different times.



    --
    The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
    to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, and challenge
    the unchallengeable.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From J. J. Lodder@21:1/5 to The Starmaker on Thu Sep 21 11:04:30 2023
    The Starmaker <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    I don't know
    but somebody
    messed up
    somewhere...
    too many clocks
    running at
    different times.

    Blame god for it, but while doing so, do remember
    that we live in the best of all possible worlds,

    Jan

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From The Starmaker@21:1/5 to J. J. Lodder on Thu Sep 21 13:20:00 2023
    J. J. Lodder wrote:

    The Starmaker <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    I don't know
    but somebody
    messed up
    somewhere...
    too many clocks
    running at
    different times.

    Blame god for it, but while doing so, do remember
    that we live in the best of all possible worlds,

    Jan


    "possible worlds"???? i don't even know what dat means..


    --
    The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
    to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
    and challenge the unchallengeable.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From J. J. Lodder@21:1/5 to The Starmaker on Thu Sep 21 22:59:46 2023
    The Starmaker <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    J. J. Lodder wrote:

    The Starmaker <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    I don't know
    but somebody
    messed up
    somewhere...
    too many clocks
    running at
    different times.

    Blame god for it, but while doing so, do remember
    that we live in the best of all possible worlds,

    Jan


    "possible worlds"???? i don't even know what dat means..

    Not surprised...

    Jan

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From The Starmaker@21:1/5 to J. J. Lodder on Thu Sep 21 22:05:06 2023
    J. J. Lodder wrote:

    The Starmaker <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    J. J. Lodder wrote:

    The Starmaker <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    I don't know
    but somebody
    messed up
    somewhere...
    too many clocks
    running at
    different times.

    Blame god for it, but while doing so, do remember
    that we live in the best of all possible worlds,

    Jan


    "possible worlds"???? i don't even know what dat means..

    Not surprised...

    Jan


    Well, i never read a science fiction, (or any fiction book for that
    matter)

    but i like star-trek on tvee...

    but...

    Definition. A possible world is a complete way things might be.
    Possible worlds are alternative worlds one of which is the actual world. Philosophers use the notion of a possible world to define and discuss
    ideas such as possibility or necessity. https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&biw=&bih=&q=define+possible+worlds+theory

    and Philosphy books are too hard to read...it's confusing.


    I live in a 'actual' world. There are no other worlds.


    too many clocks
    running at
    different times, at
    different rates..
    it's confusing.

    Does anybody know what time it is...now?

    Or does anybody got the right time?


    I got to figure out what time it is now...

    i have to start counting from the
    first 3 seconds.

    You know, at the beginning...

    tick, tick, tick..


    How many ticks are there from
    the first second to...Now?

    Then I will have to correct time.




    --
    The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
    to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
    and challenge the unchallengeable.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Maciej Wozniak@21:1/5 to J. J. Lodder on Thu Sep 21 22:50:21 2023
    On Thursday, 21 September 2023 at 11:04:34 UTC+2, J. J. Lodder wrote:
    The Starmaker <star...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    I don't know
    but somebody
    messed up
    somewhere...
    too many clocks
    running at
    different times.
    Blame god for it,

    So your idiot guru is now a god?

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From The Starmaker@21:1/5 to Maciej Wozniak on Thu Sep 21 23:00:13 2023
    Maciej Wozniak wrote:

    On Thursday, 21 September 2023 at 11:04:34 UTC+2, J. J. Lodder wrote:
    The Starmaker <star...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    I don't know
    but somebody
    messed up
    somewhere...
    too many clocks
    running at
    different times.
    Blame god for it,

    So your idiot guru is now a god?

    i thoughts yous peoples believes gods haves no says ins its...


    --
    The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
    to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
    and challenge the unchallengeable.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From The Starmaker@21:1/5 to The Starmaker on Thu Sep 21 23:02:00 2023
    The Starmaker wrote:

    J. J. Lodder wrote:

    The Starmaker <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    J. J. Lodder wrote:

    The Starmaker <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    I don't know
    but somebody
    messed up
    somewhere...
    too many clocks
    running at
    different times.

    Blame god for it, but while doing so, do remember
    that we live in the best of all possible worlds,

    Jan


    "possible worlds"???? i don't even know what dat means..

    Not surprised...

    Jan

    Well, i never read a science fiction, (or any fiction book for that
    matter)

    but i like star-trek on tvee...

    but...

    Definition. A possible world is a complete way things might be.
    Possible worlds are alternative worlds one of which is the actual world. Philosophers use the notion of a possible world to define and discuss
    ideas such as possibility or necessity. https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&biw=&bih=&q=define+possible+worlds+theory

    and Philosphy books are too hard to read...it's confusing.

    I live in a 'actual' world. There are no other worlds.

    In other words, possible worlds is ...just a theory.


    And Philosphy is dead.






    --
    The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
    to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
    and challenge the unchallengeable.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From The Starmaker@21:1/5 to starmaker@ix.netcom.com on Mon Sep 25 14:43:08 2023
    On Thu, 21 Sep 2023 22:05:06 -0700, The Starmaker
    <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    J. J. Lodder wrote:

    The Starmaker <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    J. J. Lodder wrote:

    The Starmaker <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    I don't know
    but somebody
    messed up
    somewhere...
    too many clocks
    running at
    different times.

    Blame god for it, but while doing so, do remember
    that we live in the best of all possible worlds,

    Jan


    "possible worlds"???? i don't even know what dat means..

    Not surprised...

    Jan


    Well, i never read a science fiction, (or any fiction book for that
    matter)


    Now, let me explain dis...

    as a kid
    i would go to
    the library
    to read books.
    I would follow
    the
    Dewey Decimal System
    it had there.

    So, I would look at all
    the books between
    001-999.

    There was a section
    in the back that had no
    Dewey Decimal System.
    It was called the Fiction section.
    It had no Dewey Decimal System
    numbers.
    It had no facts in it, or an Index,
    or anything resembling the
    Dewey Decimal System.

    Lot's of made up stuff.

    So, I didn't bother to
    this day with those
    type of books.

    That is where it belongs, in the back.

    I rather be a six year old
    learning how to dissemble a machine gun.






    but i like star-trek on tvee...

    but...

    Definition. A possible world is a complete way things might be.
    Possible worlds are alternative worlds one of which is the actual world. >Philosophers use the notion of a possible world to define and discuss
    ideas such as possibility or necessity. >https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&biw=&bih=&q=define+possible+worlds+theory

    and Philosphy books are too hard to read...it's confusing.


    I live in a 'actual' world. There are no other worlds.


    too many clocks
    running at
    different times, at
    different rates..
    it's confusing.

    Does anybody know what time it is...now?

    Or does anybody got the right time?


    I got to figure out what time it is now...

    i have to start counting from the
    first 3 seconds.

    You know, at the beginning...

    tick, tick, tick..


    How many ticks are there from
    the first second to...Now?

    Then I will have to correct time.


    I figure
    if I have a watch
    at the big bang...
    then I can set my watch
    to the first three seconds...
    and it should give the correct
    time it is now...

    (certainty it isn't the year 2023)

    That is 436 quadrillion, 117 trillion, 76 billion, 600 million seconds
    ago,
    https://81018.com/universeclock/


    I just got
    to wind my watch
    436 quadrillion, 117 trillion, 76 billion, 600 million seconds
    to know the correct time it is now.

    (certainty it isn't the year 2023)

    Nobody here has the correct time.

    Too many clocks!





    --
    The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
    to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, and challenge
    the unchallengeable.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From mitchrae3323@gmail.com@21:1/5 to The Starmaker on Sun Nov 5 10:15:28 2023
    On Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 11:33:31 PM UTC-7, The Starmaker wrote:
    I don't know
    but somebody
    messed up
    somewhere...
    too many clocks
    running at
    different times.



    --
    The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
    to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, and challenge
    the unchallengeable.

    Time has material. The atom and light have time.
    They are moving and changing...

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Chris M. Thomasson@21:1/5 to The Starmaker on Sun Nov 5 12:37:41 2023
    On 9/21/2023 1:20 PM, The Starmaker wrote:
    J. J. Lodder wrote:

    The Starmaker <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    I don't know
    but somebody
    messed up
    somewhere...
    too many clocks
    running at
    different times.

    Blame god for it, but while doing so, do remember
    that we live in the best of all possible worlds,

    Jan


    "possible worlds"???? i don't even know what dat means..

    Perhaps he visited another planet and said, this place fucking sucks
    balls! Earth is the best of all possible worlds, so saith the all
    knowing me? lol! ;^o

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)