• a PBS Evolution Earth: Heat Travel to the hottest and driest extremes t

From Archimedes Plutonium@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 20 20:15:13 2023
    This is a interesting series on PBS, I highly recommend it. Although I am struggling to recover from the last episode seeing a rat kill a albatross chick.

Looking up the Albatross, and there are mice killing rare albatrosses on Goth Island UK.

I plea for the world community to save the Albatross by taking the chicks and nurturing them without the parents, on some sheltered reserve. Nurturing them and then releasing them when they grown old enough to not be endangered by rats or mice.

I think that rat and mice poison on these islands is not a good enough remedy.

In this episode of Deserts. Well, Wow, mongolia has a wild camel that lives in that desert and drinks water so salty it would kill any other animal.

And then a segment where a Morocco reporter takes us on a tour of where the Sahara desert is increasing. Except for a circle from Djbouti to Senegal a green wall of Palm trees which is 18% complete which keeps the Sahara back.

I love the segment of the silver back ant that lives in heat not bearable for animals.

All of this biology knowledge is needed, Needed for when Humanity makes Europa our new Home, for the Sun has gone Red Giant Phase, and unless we colonize Europa in the next 1,000 years, that Earth will all be a Sahara by then and 99% of life on Earth
    will have perished for Sun gone Red Giant is death to all of Earth.

My hope is that a permanent colony on Europa in 3023, as we sit back for entertainment on Europa, we will show this movie of Evolution Earth and see once again, what life was like on Earth, where abundance of plants and animals, and finches finding water
    holes in Australia, and wild camels on Europa drinking fresh clean water from Europa's ocean pools.

AP

a PBS Evolution Earth: Heat Travel to the hottest and driest extremes to see animals go to extraordinary lengths to survive.// Wow, a camel that drinks salt water that would kill other animals

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Archimedes Plutonium@21:1/5 to All on Thu Sep 21 12:25:43 2023
    We need to save the Albatross on Gough Island UK.

Mice and rats are pushing the Tristan Albatross to extinction.

It is late in the game here.

I figure the only way is to set up a safe sanctuary and humans collect every vulnerable young chick and raise them in the sanctuary until able to fend for themselves.

I do not know if we can eradicate entirely the mice and rats on that island. And then monitor that no human re-introduces mice and rats to the island.

I do not want Earth to lose the majestic albatross...

AP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)