• =?UTF-8?Q?=5FGoogle_please_engineer_the_option_for_authors_to_ha?= =?UT

From Archimedes Plutonium@21:1/5 to All on Mon Aug 28 20:35:47 2023
    Google please engineer the option for authors to have "no replies" to their thread.
    Subscribe

Archimedes Plutonium's profile photo
    Archimedes Plutonium
    9:46 PM (1 hour ago)

to
    Science should never be where bullies win the day, only because they bully their way.

Stalking is a serious problem in sci.math and sci.physics, and needs to be addressed with a Engineering fix.

If an author choses the "no reply" let it be absolutely no replies.

Do not engineer it so that an author has only his buddies reply. It is all or none.

There probably is already this feature in other social platforms. We need it in Google groups ever so badly.

AP

Google please engineer the option for authors to have "no replies" to their thread.
    Archimedes Plutonium
    10:30 PM (3 minutes ago)

to
    Stalking would never be a problem in sci.math, nor sci.physics, if Google would engineer a option to all original-authors-- to allow replies, or to not allow replies.

I could live very very well with such a option, and in fact, people would call AP-- a real nice guy. But because, so much stalking goes on, that it makes people "on edge" to have to deal with the river of hate. But if a option to not have replies, then
    the volume of hate would nosedive down.

As it stands, sci.math and sci.physics are still in favor of bullies. That bullies can join gangs and just about defile and demonize any poster. Stalking is censorship especially if the government is paying stalkers.

Google has come a long way in making the sci.math and sci.physics a level playing field, but it still needs a key ingredient-- The Option to have your thread be a notice and no replies allowed.

Some would say that critics need to dump their load of shit upon someone they dislike. Well, I say, they can dump their shit in a separate thread, without dirtying up the author who is trying to make a point.

I do it all the time where if I want to show my disgust over another poster. Where I make my own thread showing that disgust and not invading the thread of the other person.

So Please, Google, we need a No Reply Option, and that would really curb all this stalking hatred and insanity of Kibo, Volney, Jan Burse, Dan Christensen and NSF Dr.Panchanathan if he is in fact bankrolling this insane hatred. If true, he reminds me of
    the imp psychologist in Terminator movies-- Dr. Silberman.

AP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Enes Richard@21:1/5 to All on Tue Aug 29 02:43:35 2023
    wtorek, 29 sierpnia 2023 o 05:35:52 UTC+2 Archimedes Plutonium napisał(a):
    Subscribe

Archimedes Plutonium
    9:46 PM (1 hour ago)

to
    Science should never be where bullies win the day, only because they bully their way.

Stalking is a serious problem in sci.math and sci.physics, and needs to be addressed with a Engineering fix.

If an author choses the "no reply" let it be absolutely no replies.

Do not engineer it so that an author has only his buddies reply. It is all or none.

There probably is already this feature in other social platforms. We need it in Google groups ever so badly.

AP

Archimedes Plutonium
    10:30 PM (3 minutes ago)

to
    Stalking would never be a problem in sci.math, nor sci.physics, if Google would engineer a option to all original-authors-- to allow replies, or to not allow replies.

I could live very very well with such a option, and in fact, people would call AP-- a real nice guy. But because, so much stalking goes on, that it makes people "on edge" to have to deal with the river of hate. But if a option to not have replies, then
    the volume of hate would nosedive down.

As it stands, sci.math and sci.physics are still in favor of bullies. That bullies can join gangs and just about defile and demonize any poster. Stalking is censorship especially if the government is paying stalkers.

Google has come a long way in making the sci.math and sci.physics a level playing field, but it still needs a key ingredient-- The Option to have your thread be a notice and no replies allowed.

Some would say that critics need to dump their load of shit upon someone they dislike. Well, I say, they can dump their shit in a separate thread, without dirtying up the author who is trying to make a point.

I do it all the time where if I want to show my disgust over another poster. Where I make my own thread showing that disgust and not invading the thread of the other person.

So Please, Google, we need a No Reply Option, and that would really curb all this stalking hatred and insanity of Kibo, Volney, Jan Burse, Dan Christensen and NSF Dr.Panchanathan if he is in fact bankrolling this insane hatred. If true, he reminds me
    of the imp psychologist in Terminator movies-- Dr. Silberman.

AP
    Make a blog like a big fish with Sgr A*: https://blogs.futura-sciences.com/e-luminet/2022/08/29/first-image-of-the-galactic-black-hole-sagittarius-a-an-unprecedented-decryption/

You can nod and comment positively, my objection in the form of constructive criticism
    (alternative interpretation of observations and measurements) was not accepted for publication.

This is the case almost everywhere, but not here yet (the discussion forum after all!)
    It is still normal in this respect, despite many nuisances ...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)