• AP's 252nd book of science// The importance of 3 and 1/3 in Physics-- n

From Archimedes Plutonium@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jul 29 23:36:40 2023
    The importance of 3 and 1/3 in Physics-- no 4th dimension, only 3 terms maximum in Electromagnetic Theory// Physics research

by Archimedes Plutonium

I started this book back in May 2023 pondering why three rest mass particles are so key to physics-- proton + muon + neutron.

Why the number 3? Of course we can say the importance of 1, then the importance of 2, then 4, then 5, then 6 etc as some numerology expedition.

But, the fact that Atoms have 3 rest mass particles of importance, that Space is 3rd dimensional and most important of all that the EM equations of physics have at most just 3 terms.

So this question of 3 deserves a book. For it seems as though mathematics also is fond of 3 in a concept known as Middle Thirds. That you can dissect Nature into 3 parts with the Middle Third being special, special for physics and for math.

So I want to explore this number 3 and why physics is fond of 3.

AP

AP's 252nd book of science// The importance of 3 and 1/3 in Physics-- no 4th dimension, only 3 terms maximum in Electromagnetic Theory// Physics research by Archimedes Plutonium

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Archimedes Plutonium@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jul 30 00:29:27 2023
    So now, back in May when I started this book, the topic of "Rule of Middle Third" of engineering came up. And I want to understand that rule in case the proton, muon, neutron have some sort of middle third rule applicable to them in atomic theory.

So I search Google for "engineering middle third rule". And to be totally honest with you, I seem to have a tension and stress in my own mind as to understanding this rule. Either, I am dumb in not comprehending, or the instructors are poor in explaining,
    or finally the rule is really very difficult. So which of these three is the middle third??

Is this rule simply just saying if you apply force outside the center, you will fell the structure. But if you apply force directly in the center of the structure, the structure has the best chances of surviving? Basically is that what the rule is trying
    to say, and if so, why the hell cannot the engineers state it so simply???

--- quoting Google ---
    A rule that states there will be no tension in an unreinforced wall if the resultant force lies within the middle-third of the wall.... ...

Middle-third rule - Oxford Reference

Oxford Reference
    https://www.oxfordreference.com › view › acref › acref-...
    About featured snippets

Feedback
    People also ask
    What is the middle third rule?
    For rectangular cross-section columns, when the load is placed within the middle third of the depth or width of the section then there will be no tension produced in the column. This is called the middle third rule.Mar 30, 2023

The applicability of middle third rule used in the design of ...

Testbook
    https://testbook.com › Strength of Materials › Columns
    Search for: What is the middle third rule?
    What is the middle 1 3rd rule in dam?
    For no tension to develop in the gravity dam the resultant of all external forces should always lie within the middle third portion of the base. When the reservoir is full of water, tension is
  • From Archimedes Plutonium@21:1/5 to Archimedes Plutonium on Sun Jul 30 15:14:11 2023
    On Sunday, July 30, 2023 at 3:17:46 PM UTC-5, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
    So now, back in May when I started this book, the topic of "Rule of Middle Third" of engineering came up. And I want to understand that rule in case the proton, muon, neutron have some sort of middle third rule applicable to them in atomic theory.

So I search Google for "engineering middle third rule". And to be totally honest with you, I seem to have a tension and stress in my own mind as to understanding this rule. Either, I am dumb in not comprehending, or the instructors are poor in
    explaining, or finally the rule is really very difficult. So which of these three is the middle third??

Is this rule simply just saying if you apply force outside the center, you will fell the structure. But if you apply force directly in the center of the structure, the structure has the best chances of surviving? Basically is that what the rule is
    trying to say, and if so, why the hell cannot the engineers state it so simply???

--- quoting Google ---
    A rule that states there will be no tension in an unreinforced wall if the resultant force lies within the middle-third of the wall.... ...

I suppose my difficulty is that you need a clear definition of tension first. And so the engineer should walk us through what the concept of tension is, before describing Middle Third Rule.

Now here is likely a nice example. I have a wheelbarrow which is big and I load it up with 5 concrete block. Now if I put the block near to the handles, I have a lot of weight I am lifting to push the wheelbarrow forward.

But if I pack the block close to the wheels and the axle of the wheels, I have less, almost no weight to lift at the handlebars and can use all the force to push the wheelbarrow forward. Here I place the weight on the axle of the wheels.

So can the Middle Third Rule be explained by this wheelbarrow example?

I am trying to get engineers to explain Middle Third Rule without its gross obfuscations.

AP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Archimedes Plutonium@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jul 30 14:40:07 2023
    So I need the physicists to rush in here, rush in to help the engineers for as far as I can see, the engineers do not know how to make a explanation simple, they probably do not understand the underlying physics of Middle Third Rule and so they cannot
    make a simple explanation.

So please, physicists, rush in here and help the engineers to make a simple explanation of this rule, this Middle Third Rule.

Now I am going attempt a explanation and it may or may not be the one to explain. But it starts the ball rolling forward at least.

In the explanations I have seen so far, some drag into the picture water dams, the great water dams of USA with their curved arc structure like this (

So, well, can that be the explanation of Middle Third Rule? That the curvature is sharpest in the middle third to withstand that pressure of water the dam is going to hold back? And if so, then at what angle is that curvature for the best holding power
    of the dam???

AP, trying to make sense of a Middle Third Rule of Engineering

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Archimedes Plutonium@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jul 30 15:48:18 2023
    Now it has not escaped my attention that there are 4 important particles in Nature in Atomic Theory. For there is the proton 840MeV and muon 105MeV, and neutron that grows from 1 eV all the up to a 945MeV fully grown neutron, and of course there is the
    unit of electricity and magnetic field 0.5MeV magnetic monopole.

So there are 4 particles of rest mass but we focus much of our attention on the big ones of 840, 105, and 945MeV, almost forgetting the magnetic monopole. And it can be said the magnetic monopole builds all the other rest mass particles, so the magnetic
    monopole is a unit rest mass.

But there is the photon, no rest mass particle in EM theory. Is it also split up into 4 sections with a units in photons?

In mathematics there is the calculus and the calculus is geometry in motion. And the most beautiful geometry in motion is the Rectangle in Whirling Squares, for 4 squares revolve around a rectangle for 360 degrees giving rise to 1.61... and 2.71828....
    and 3.14159... and of course 4 in the logarithmic spiral.

So it appears that 4 is the important number and not so much 3.

However, the terms in the AP-EM Equations are at maximum 3 terms.

Faraday law becomes (V/(BE))' = C' = V'BE/(BE)^2 - VB'E/(BE)^2 - VBE'/(BE)^2 where one of the three terms is electricity production, one is Lenz's law and the third is electromotive force DC, AC direction. 

Ampere-Maxwell law becomes (V/(CE))' = B' = V'CE/(CE)^2 - VC'E/(CE)^2 - VCE')/(CE)^2 where one term is magnetic field production, one is Displacement Current law and third is parallel currents attract law. 

Coulomb-gravity law becomes (V/(CB))' = E' = V'CB/(CB)^2 - VC'B/(CB)^2 - VCB'/(CB)^2 where 1st term as E production -- 2nd term as inverse square of distance -- 3rd term as synchronicity, synchronize the push force with pull force of Electric field that
    creates orbit revolution and spin, such as in gravity. 

The Transformer Law becomes V' = (CBL)' = C'BE + CB'E + CBE' where 1st term as V production  -- 2nd term as inverse square root -- 3rd term is synchronicity of DC, AC. Research into the law of V' needs to be undertaken at the time of this writing.

Reminding the students that there are 4 possible differential equation laws because they are based on the New Ohm's law of V=CBE and there are only 4 possible permutations of derivatives, C', B', E' and V'.

So we see that the Equations of Atomic Theory are 4 but the maximum terms are 3.

We know that Space is only of 3 dimensions, not 4.

What about the photon EM Spectrum, is it 4 regions or 3 regions?

AP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Archimedes Plutonium@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jul 30 21:41:04 2023
    Alright, I know for sure where this book about the number 3 or its inverse 1/3 will end up. All numbers between 1 and 10 have their exciting importance in physics. And I wanted to find out why the Atom is focused on 3 rest mass particles of proton, muon,
    and neutron, and why the EM Spectrum is composed of 3 regions, and why Space is 3rd dimension, no more.

I wanted a research of the importance of 3 to physics.

Finally I pinpoint it to a mathematics geometry proof. The proof that the volume of enclosed sphere is 2/3 that of the cylinder. Same goes for surface area. And this is also tied to Calculus math.

In Physics, Force is mass*(distance)/seconds^2 while Energy is mass*(distance^2)/ seconds^2.

The difference between Force and Energy is a multiplier of distance. If in calculus you integrate force you get that distance squared to give energy. And if you start with energy, you simply take the derivative and you end up with force.

Space has to be 3rd dimension because force is 2nd dimension and integration turns force into energy.

Is Space were 4th dimension, yet force is 2nd dimension, integration cannot get you energy.

It is really all that simple.

And the tie-in and connection to the EM Equations is also very simple. The Faraday law is a thrusting of bar magnet as a sphere inside a coil which is a cylinder. Energy is 1, and Force is at most 2/3.

The great importance of 3 and 1/3 comes from recognition of volume of sphere inside a cylinder is 2/3 the volume, also surface area.

AP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Archimedes Plutonium@21:1/5 to All on Sat Aug 5 01:28:54 2023
    At the moment I am stuck on this book. I reached the chapter of the EM Spectrum and was thinking 3 appears there, in the middle band with Visible is Transverse Wave. On both sides of the middle band is Radio with Longitudinal and hard X-rays for
    Longitudinal. So a middle band of Transverse, and leftwards a Longitudinal band, and rightward another Longitudinal band.

But the review of Pair Production where a photon turns into a magnetic monopole and positron, has me thinking that hard X-rays and beyond is another geometry different from Longitudinal. Something, more particle like of a geometry.

Sound waves are familiar as Longitudinal. Visible refraction of light is Transverse. Here I need some geometry that is more particle like than Longitudinal or Visible.

When I studied geometry, and the chapter on NonEuclidean geometry, the professor told me that there are 3 possibilities for geometry, positive, flat, or negative curvature, or in quantity greater, equal, less.

Yes, that is a representation of 3 types.

The Pair Production experiment of Physics, where a energetic photon splits into a magnetic monopole and a positron is not a result of Longitudinal Waves, nor Transverse Waves. And this production needs to be inside a Proton torus of an Atom (atoms have
    no nucleus).

So here I need to work out what a geometry that is more like a hard particle of X-ray or gamma ray. Could it be a pencil ellipse as a long thin bullet geometry. Where the pencil ellipse is in a circular motion of its ellipse

We think of a transverse wave as up and down ^v^v^v^.

We think of a Longitudinal wave as back and forth ) )))) ) ) compression and rarefaction.

We can think of a particle wave as a (________) pencil ellipse.

AP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Archimedes Plutonium@21:1/5 to All on Sat Aug 5 13:16:13 2023
    It is always nice to wake up to solutions rather than questions.

I am in the throes of solving 3 types of geometry for Wave theory.

Of course, the primal axiom of all of science is -- All is Atom, and Atoms are nothing but electricity and magnetism.

Now in Old Physics, they had problems of their "aether". In New Physics, we have no problems, none whatsoever with Aether, because aether in New Physics is Space itself as both a magnetic field and a electric field. The greatest medium you could ever
    wish for to propagate and run waves through.

In Old Physics, they had just one type of wave for Light Waves, even though they knew the EM Spectrum was extreme from Radio to Visible to X-ray & gamma ray. We can say that the EM Spectrum is itself 3 different types of waves, and not Old Physics-- all
    transverse.

New Physics has 3 types of Waves that embodies the EM Spectrum, and since all is Atom and Atoms are nothing but electricity and magnetism we look upon the Coil in Faraday's law as the Wave structure of these 3 different types of waves.

Both physicists and amateurs alike in Old Physics had huge trouble in the constant speed of light, especially the cranks and crackpots who step foot into science when they never belong.

So a Circle is related by Circumference = pi*(diameter) which is C = pi*d and that becomes pi = C/d. We do the same for the Speed of Light as Speed of Light = wavelength*frequency, for the entire EM Spectrum is a chart of the constancy of the speed of
    light, for it is a chart if making the speed be constant if wavelength is large like radio waves, frequency is small; if wavelength is small such as X-rays, then frequency is large, all balanced to be a constant speed of light.

So, well, there are three regions in the EM Spectrum of a Coil geometry. There is the Radio wave region where the Coil is like a long cylinder coil and if you place a force upon a winding at one end, it compresses and rarefaction transmits that message
    to the other end as a Longitudinal Wave.

Next, our Coil is stretched tight and we pluck a winding vertical to its motion direction and that plucked winding sends its message throughout to stretched coil which is the Visible and middle range of the EM Spectrum as Transverse Waves.

Our third Coil geometry is where the coil is a torus coil, a circuit. The Radio Wave geometry is open ended. The gamma ray is a torus circuit, of tiny measured meters and thus high frequency. It is a Wave but transmits as particle. It answers the
    question of Pair Production by P.Blackett cloud chamber.

Now to prove the assertion of 3 types of Waves, I will use the recent messaging of Voyager 2.

--- quoting BBC on EM signaling Voyager 2 ---
    Nasa is back in full contact with its lost Voyager 2 probe months earlier than expected, the space agency said.
    In July a wrong command was made to the spacecraft, sent to explore space in 1977, changing its position and severing contact.
    A signal was picked up on Tuesday but thanks to an "interstellar shout" - a powerful instruction - its antenna is now back facing Earth.
    Nasa had originally pinned hopes on the spacecraft resetting itself in October. It took 37 hours for mission controllers to figure out if the interstellar command had worked as Voyager 2 is billions of miles away from Earth.
    Staff used the "highest-power transmitter" to send a message to the spacecraft and timed it to be sent during "the best conditions" so the antenna lined up with the command, Voyager project manager Suzanne Dodd told AFP.
    After communications were lost, the probe had been unable to receive commands or send back data to Nasa's Deep Space Network - an array of giant radi
  • From Archimedes Plutonium@21:1/5 to All on Sat Aug 5 14:36:27 2023
    On Saturday, August 5, 2023 at 3:21:41 PM UTC-5 Archimedes Plutonium wrote: It is always nice to wake up to solutions rather than questions.

Of course, the primal axiom of all of science is -- All is Atom, and Atoms are nothing but electricity and magnetism.

Now in Old Physics, they had problems with/of/where their "aether". In New Physics, we have no problems, none whatsoever with Aether, because aether in New Physics is Space itself as both a magnetic field and a electric field. The greatest medium you
    could ever wish for to propagate and run waves through.

In Old Physics, they had just one type of wave for Light Waves, even though they knew the EM Spectrum was extreme from Radio to Visible to X-ray & gamma ray. We can say that the EM Spectrum is itself 3 different types of waves, and not Old Physics-- all
    transverse.

New Physics has 3 types of Waves that embodies the EM Spectrum, and since All is Atom and Atoms are nothing but electricity and magnetism we look upon the Coil in Faraday's law as the Wave structure of these 3 different types of waves.

Both physicists and amateurs alike in Old Physics had huge trouble in the constant speed of light, especially the cranks and crackpots who step foot into science when they never belong.

So a Circle is related by Circumference = pi*(diameter) which is C = pi*d and that becomes pi = C/d. We do the same for the Speed of Light as Speed of Light = wavelength*frequency, for the entire EM Spectrum is a chart of the constancy of the speed of
    light, for it is a chart if making the speed be constant if wavelength is large like radio waves, frequency is small; and if wavelength is small such as X-rays, then frequency is large, all balanced to be a constant speed of light.

So, well, there are three regions in the EM Spectrum of a Coil geometry. There is the Radio wave region where the Coil is like a long cylinder coil and if you place a force upon a winding at one end, it compresses and rarefaction transmits that message

Next, our Coil is stretched tight and we pluck a winding vertical to its motion direction and that plucked winding sends its message throughout to stretched coil which is the Visible and middle range of the EM Spectrum as Transverse Waves.

Our third Coil geometry is where the coil is a torus coil, a circuit. The Radio Wave geometry is open ended. The gamma ray is a torus circuit, of tiny measured meters and thus high frequency. It is a Wave but transmits as particle. It answers the

Now I do not have those 3 geometries of the coil worked out completely yet. I need to include the E and B fields in the coil. So that 1/2 of a winding would be E field, the other 1/2 of a winding would be the B field. This allows for an up and down in
    the Transverse wave of Visible and Infrared and UV, and allows for a compression and rarefaction in the Longitudinal waves of Radio. This splitting of a winding into 1/2 E-field and the other 1/2 as B-field allows for a hard X-ray or Gamma ray to be a
    circuit in space.

But then, I have to work out how all 3 geometries are closed loop circuits with the source always in the loop. So, far from being near the end of this adventure, I am at the very beginning of this journey.

Now to prove the assertion of 3 types of Waves, I will use the recent messaging of Voyager 2.

--- quoting BBC on EM signaling Voyager 2 ---
    Nasa is back in full contact with its lost Voyager 2 probe months earlier than expected, the space agency said.
    In July a wrong command was made to the spacecraft, sent to explore space in 1977, changing its position and severing contact.
    A signal was picked up on Tuesday but thanks to an "interstellar shout" - a powerful instruction - its antenna is now back facing Earth.
    Nasa had originally pinned hopes on the spacecraft resetting itself in October. It took 37 hours for mission controllers to figure out if the interstellar command had worked as Voyager 2 is billions of miles away from Earth.
    Staff used the "highest-power transmitter" to send a message to the spacecraft and timed it to be sent during "the best conditions" so the antenna lined up with the command, Voyager project manager Suzanne Dodd told AFP.
    After communications were lost, the probe had been unable to receive commands or send back data to Nasa's Deep Space Network - an array of giant radi
  • From Archimedes Plutonium@21:1/5 to Archimedes Plutonium on Sat Aug 5 17:15:01 2023
    On Saturday, August 5, 2023 at 4:36:31 PM UTC-5, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
    On Saturday, August 5, 2023 at 3:21:41 PM UTC-5 Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
    It is always nice to wake up to solutions rather than questions.

Now in Old Physics, they had problems with/of/where their "aether". In New Physics, we have no problems, none whatsoever with Aether, because aether in New Physics is Space itself as both a magnetic field and a electric field. The greatest medium you
    could ever wish for to propagate and run waves through.
    In Old Physics, they had just one type of wave for Light Waves, even though they knew the EM Spectrum was extreme from Radio to Visible to X-ray & gamma ray. We can say that the EM Spectrum is itself 3 different types of waves, and not Old Physics--
    all transverse.
    New Physics has 3 types of Waves that embodies the EM Spectrum, and since All is Atom and Atoms are nothing but electricity and magnetism we look upon the Coil in Faraday's law as the Wave structure of these 3 different types of waves.
    light, for it is a chart if making the speed be constant if wavelength is large like radio waves, frequency is small; and if wavelength is small such as X-rays, then frequency is large, all balanced to be a constant speed of light.

Now I do not have those 3 geometries of the coil worked out completely yet. I need to include the E and B fields in the coil. So that 1/2 of a winding would be E field, the other 1/2 of a winding would be the B field. This allows for an up and down in
    the Transverse wave of Visible and Infrared and UV, and allows for a compression and rarefaction in the Longitudinal waves of Radio. This splitting of a winding into 1/2 E-field and the other 1/2 as B-field allows for a hard X-ray or Gamma ray to be a
    circuit in space.

But then, I have to work out how all 3 geometries are closed loop circuits with the source always in the loop. So, far from being near the end of this adventure, I am at the very beginning of this journey.

So perhaps overall, the Radio wave is Longitudinal, and so is the Gamma ray and only difference is that the Radio Wave is taking the shape of a Circle circuit of windings while the Gamma ray is a Pencil Ellipse shaped geometry of its windings.

Now the reason that a gamma ray needs to go to the interior of a Proton torus to have Pair Production of magnetic monopole + positron is that the Proton Torus splits apart the gamma ray into 2 new waves. Can we consider this fact as proof that the Proton
    is a torus, so essential in Pair Production? For the Old Physics argument on this is that the gamma ray as a "arrow in Old Physics" needs a wall of a nucleus to bounce off of and create a positron-magnetic monopole pair.

The argument in New Physics, is that the gamma ray needs to split its pencil ellipse in 1/2 for the positron is 1/2 of the E and B fields.

While the middle range of the EM Spectrum, the infrared, visible, and UV are split E and B fields arranged as a Transverse Wave Circuit.

So maybe I was not so wrong in earlier books by describing the EM Spectrum as Longitudinal in radio waves then Transverse in visible then Longitudinal in gamma waves. All these waves being circuits from the source until absorbed by other matter.

All Light Waves being perfect DNA, carrying messages in their E and B fields, much like DNA carries messages in its A,T, C,G bases.

So why would we have a geometry pattern of Longitudinal then Transverse then Longitudinal?? Is it a fact of B and E fields that you need Transverse in the middle range of EM Spectrum? E has to always be perpendicular to B field.

Is it in the numbers between wavelength and frequency, that the Middle Range of the EM Spectrum is transitioning from E being related to B magnetic field. Radio is large wavelength small frequency, Visible is medium wavelength medium frequency, and gamma
    is small wavelength huge frequency.

And the geometry of that description is Radio is a torus of windings shaped as a circle, and Visible is a circuit shaped as Transverse, and Gamma is a torus again only shaped as a Pencil Ellipse. If true, it has to fit every physics experiment to date,
    especially Pair Production.

AP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Archimedes Plutonium@21:1/5 to All on Sat Aug 5 21:36:58 2023
    Polarization is going to make or break me on this idea of Radio Waves longitudinal, Visible Transverse, Gamma rays longitudinal.

Specifically, Visible is Linear-Polarization of the E-field, not B field.

Radio Waves not linear-polarizable of the E-field, but perhaps the B field. But circular or elliptical polarizable.

Gamma rays not linear-polarizable of the E-field, but perhaps the B field. Elliptical polarizable, and especially Pencil Ellipse shape.

So much of optics science is "assumed truth" running under the ill-logic of "they are all EM waves", therefore, they are all polarizable.

I remember the "The Mechanical Universe" series from Caltech, with Dr. Goodstein on a demonstration of polarizing filters. Asking the class when the lens are 45degrees, will any get through? Tough tough science, and the explanation given was not
    convincing for me, anyway.

Polarization is the key to proving these claims.

AP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Archimedes Plutonium@21:1/5 to All on Sat Aug 5 23:04:56 2023
    Yes, well, Polarization is either going to make a success of Radio = longitudinal, Visible = transverse, back to longitudinal in hard X-rays and gamma rays.

Polarization will either support AP, or kill AP's 3 sections of the EM Spectrum. Which will it be?? Will AP swim above, or sink below.

For clues, I looked at many of the cited Anomalies of polarization. None stuck out.

So then, I went to Feynman Lectures, his Volume 1 chapter 33. And reread the entire chapter, hoping something would stick out. Then, on the last page of that chapter Feynman says "Circularly polarized light has another interesting property-- it carries
    angular momentum (about the direction of propagation)."

If you ask me, I would say that that single sentence is likely the proof that Radio and Gamma Waves are longitudinal waves, not transverse. Thank you, Dr. Feynman.

AP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Archimedes Plutonium@21:1/5 to Archimedes Plutonium on Sun Aug 6 13:01:09 2023
    On Sunday, August 6, 2023 at 1:01:20 AM UTC-5, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
    Yes, well, Polarization is either going to make a success of Radio = longitudinal, Visible = transverse, back to longitudinal in hard X-rays and gamma rays.

Polarization will either support AP, or kill AP's 3 sections of the EM Spectrum. Which will it be?? Will AP swim above, or sink below.

For clues, I looked at many of the cited Anomalies of polarization. Now stuck out.

So then, I went to Feynman Lectures, his Volume 1 chapter 33. And reread the entire chapter, hoping something would stick out. Then, on the last page of that chapter Feynman says "Circularly polarized light has another interesting property-- it carries

If you ask me, I would say that that single sentence is likely the proof that Radio and Gamma Waves are longitudinal waves, not transverse. Thank you, Dr. Feynman.

Feynman tells us in his Volume 1 Lectures on Physics, chapter 33, that the Circular Polarization has Angular Momentum, has meters^2/sec.

Now if you take frequency of angular momentum you have Energy, meters^2/sec (1/sec) = energy = meters^2/sec^2. Of course energy has rest mass, but we are considering only the distance and time.

Energy has the form meters^2/seconds^2.

meters/second is velocity or speed

The elusive units of seconds/meters when multiplied by meters^2/seconds^2 is what? Is our familiar speed of meters/second.

In the EM Spectrum, all the various wavelengths have associated energy. Of course all of them have the same constant speed of light.

Here I am narrowing down what seconds/meters means.

AP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Archimedes Plutonium@21:1/5 to Archimedes Plutonium on Sun Aug 6 17:28:38 2023
    On Sunday, August 6, 2023 at 1:04:59 AM UTC-5, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:

Now has there been done actual experimentation on this issue of Feynman's "We see therefore that a beam of right circularly polarized light containing a total energy E carries an angular momentum (with vector directed along the direction of propagation)
    E/w. For when this beam is absorbed with angular momentum is delivered to the absorber."

Is this just theory, or is there experimental proof of what Feynman is saying on polarized light?

AP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Archimedes Plutonium@21:1/5 to Archimedes Plutonium on Sun Aug 6 20:28:02 2023
    On Sunday, August 6, 2023 at 7:28:41 PM UTC-5, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
    On Sunday, August 6, 2023 at 1:04:59 AM UTC-5, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
    So then, I went to Feynman Lectures, his Volume 1 chapter 33. And reread the entire chapter, hoping something would stick out. Then, on the last page of that chapter Feynman says "Circularly polarized light has another interesting property-- it
    carries angular momentum (about the direction of propagation)."
    Now has there been done actual experimentation on this issue of Feynman's "We see therefore that a beam of right circularly polarized light containing a total energy E carries an angular momentum (with vector directed along the direction of propagation)
    E/w. For when this beam is absorbed with angular momentum is delivered to the absorber."

Is this just theory, or is there experimental proof of what Feynman is saying on polarized light?

I suspect there has not been any experimental physics done to verify Feynman's above. And his lecture is from strict theory, no experimental proof.

So I need experiments conducted with Radio Waves, Light Waves, Gamma Rays to show that Light Waves have no angular momentum but that Radio and Gamma Rays do have angular momentum. Thus Light Waves are Transverse, while Radio and Gamma rays are
    Longitudinal.

That the EM Spectrum is split into 3 Regions. The Radio and microwave region of Longitudinal waves. The Infrared, Visible, UV region of Transverse and the Hard X-Rays, gamma rays region of Longitudinal waves.

Corresponding to the Radio and microwave as circular polarization and as a closed loop circle circuit. The Visible region as a circuit that is linear polarization. And the X-rays + gamma rays as Pencil-Ellipse polarization circuits.

AP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Archimedes Plutonium@21:1/5 to All on Mon Aug 7 10:28:58 2023
    I need to know if X-rays and gamma rays are elliptical-polarization, and exclusively elliptical-polarization.

--- quoting NATURE ---
    Article
    Open Access
    Published: 13 April 2022
    Amplification of elliptically polarized sub-femtosecond pulses in neon-like X-ray laser modulated by an IR field

I. R. Khairulin, V. A. Antonov, M. Yu. Ryabikin, M. A. Berrill, V. N. Shlyaptsev, J. J. Rocca & Olga Kocharovskaya
    Scientific Reports volume 12, Article number: 6204 (2022) Cite this article

629 Accesses
    4 Citations
    Metrics details
    Abstract
    Amplification of attosecond pulses produced via high harmonic generation is a formidable problem since none of the amplifiers can support the corresponding PHz bandwidth. Producing the well defined polarization state common for a set of harmonics
    required for formation of the circularly/elliptically polarized attosecond pulses (which are on demand for dynamical imaging and coherent control of the spin flip processes) is another big challenge. In this work we show how both problems can be tackled
    simultaneously on the basis of the same platform, namely, the plasma-based X-ray
  • From Archimedes Plutonium@21:1/5 to All on Mon Aug 7 10:21:58 2023
    I need to know if X-rays and gamma rays are elliptical-polarization, and exclusively elliptical-polarization.

--- quoting NATURE ---
    Article
    Open Access
    Published: 13 April 2022
    Amplification of elliptically polarized sub-femtosecond pulses in neon-like X-ray laser modulated by an IR field

I. R. Khairulin, V. A. Antonov, M. Yu. Ryabikin, M. A. Berrill, V. N. Shlyaptsev, J. J. Rocca & Olga Kocharovskaya
    Scientific Reports volume 12, Article number: 6204 (2022) Cite this article

629 Accesses
    4 Citations
    Metrics details
    Abstract
    Amplification of attosecond pulses produced via high harmonic generation is a formidable problem since none of the amplifiers can support the corresponding PHz bandwidth. Producing the well defined polarization state common for a set of harmonics
    required for formation of the circularly/elliptically polarized attosecond pulses (which are on demand for dynamical imaging and coherent control of the spin flip processes) is another big challenge. In this work we show how both problems can be tackled
    simultaneously on the basis of the same platform, namely, the plasma-based X-ray
  • From Archimedes Plutonium@21:1/5 to All on Mon Aug 7 13:31:23 2023
    --- quoting Physical Review Journal ---

Elliptical Polarization of
    Fe
    Gamma Rays

H. Frauenfelder, D. E. Nagle, R. D. Taylor, D. R. F. Cochran, and W. M. Visscher
    Phys. Rev. 126, 1065 – Published 1 May 1962

ABSTRACT
    The Mössbauer effect provides a tool to investigate the angular dependence and the polarization of individual components emitted in the nuclear Zeeman effect. A discussion of the physical picture of the photon polarization in
    Fe
    is followed by the general theory of elliptical polarization in the Mössbauer effect. The experimental arrangement to measure this polarization is described and some relevant results are given.

Received 20 November 1961
    --- end quoting Physical Review Journal ---

First off I need to know if gamma rays are elliptical polarization, is possible and the above tells me that.

AP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05