• AP's 250+k book of science-- unifying all of Thermodynamics to EM theor

From Archimedes Plutonium@21:1/5 to All on Fri Apr 21 14:05:24 2023
    AP could not help but notice a Faraday law of Magnetic Dipoles-- heat energy converted to electricity by the RTG. Heat energy is actually magnetic dipoles such as infrared radiation and when passed through a semiconductor junction to turn the dipoles
    into electricity monopoles.

Almost the same thing can be said of BetaVoltaics using a semiconductor bridge junction to make electricity.

These two types of batteries allows AP to convert all of Thermodynamic theory into that of Electromagnetic theory. Before, I could only approach the 2nd law of thermodynamics as saying-- it obeys the "right hand rule" of EM theory. Now I can convert all
    of thermodynamics into EM theory.

--- Quoting Wikipedia ---
    A radioisotope thermoelectric generator (RTG, RITEG), sometimes referred to as a radioisotope power system (RPS), is a type of nuclear battery that uses an array of thermocouples to convert the heat released by the decay of a suitable radioactive
    material into electricity by the Seebeck effect. This type of generator has no moving parts.
    RTGs have been used as power sources in satellites, space probes, and uncrewed remote facilities such as a series of lighthouses built by the Soviet Union inside the Arctic Circle. RTGs are usually the most desirable power source for unmaintained
    situations that need a few hundred watts (or less) of power for durations too long for fuel cells, batteries, or generators to provide economically, and in places where solar cells are not practical. Safe use of RTGs requires containment of the
    radioisotopes long after the productive life of the unit. The expense of RTGs tends to limit their use to niche applications in rare or special situations. Be
  • From Archimedes Plutonium@21:1/5 to All on Fri Apr 21 19:09:17 2023
    Such a big hole and gap in my Semiconductor knowledge and education.

Is it possible that Halliday and Resnick mention the Seebeck Effect???

Not in PHYSICS, Part 2, Extended Version 1986

Not in Fundamentals of Physics, Halliday & Resnick, 1988, 3rd edition.

Maybe in a newer edition?

PHYSICS, 4th ed. Volume 2 Halliday, Resnick, Krane 1992, not in that but a beginning discussion of p and n-type semiconductor.

Have to check to see if Feynman covered the Seebeck Effect. Yes, in volume 3, Feynman devotes a entire chapter-- to semiconductors and mentions the thermodynamics and the energy of holes of p-type and n-type. Feynman was writing that in 1965, and warns
    that the field of semiconductors is rapidly changing.

As far as I am concerned we need to teach the Seebeck Effect in 1st year college physics. For it is the bridge of connecting Electromagnetic theory with Thermodynamics theory.

My take on the Seebeck is that it unzips the Light Waves of Infrared unzips those dipoles to be magnetic monopoles. And should be in the chapter of the laws of electromagnetism.

When I started to see the vast advances in computer chips and electronics, my knowledge centered only on the idea of gates open and closed to store knowledge electronically. With the Seebeck Effect, that knowledge is no expanded to include the idea that
    knowledge of Light Waves when unzipped from dipoles into monopoles is where the storehouse really comes from. And the gates open and closed are the minor storage.

AP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Archimedes Plutonium@21:1/5 to Archimedes Plutonium on Fri Apr 21 22:46:21 2023
    On Friday, April 21, 2023 at 9:10:10 PM UTC-5, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
    Such a big hole and gap in my Semiconductor knowledge and education.

Is it possible that Halliday and Resnick mention the Seebeck Effect???

Not in PHYSICS, Part 2, Extended Version 1986

Not in Fundamentals of Physics, Halliday & Resnick, 1988, 3rd edition.

Maybe in a newer edition?

PHYSICS, 4th ed. Volume 2 Halliday, Resnick, Krane 1992, not in that but a beginning discussion of p and n-type semiconductor.

Have to check to see if Feynman covered the Seebeck Effect. Yes, in volume 3, Feynman devotes a entire chapter-- to semiconductors and mentions the thermodynamics and the energy of holes of p-type and n-type. Feynman was writing that in 1965, and warns
    that the field of semiconductors is rapidly changing.

As far as I am concerned we need to teach the Seebeck Effect in 1st year college physics. For it is the bridge of connecting Electromagnetic theory with Thermodynamics theory.

My take on the Seebeck is that it unzips the Light Waves of Infrared unzips those dipoles to be magnetic monopoles. And should be in the chapter of the laws of electromagnetism.

When I started to see the vast advances in computer chips and electronics, my knowledge centered only on the idea of gates open and closed to store knowledge electronically. With the Seebeck Effect, that knowledge is no expanded to include the idea
    that knowledge of Light Waves when unzipped from dipoles into monopoles is where the storehouse really comes from. And the gates open and closed are the minor storage.

Dr. Asimov was an incredible scientist for in his History of Physics, 1966, one would not expect to see the Seebeck Effect. For Feynman does not mention it, nor does Halliday & Resnick.

But in Asimov, page 575 "Semiconductors could also be used in the direct conversion of heat into electricity (thermoelectricity). The general phenomenon whereby a temperature difference can be made to give rise to an electric current was first observed
    in 1821 by the German physicist Thomas Johann Seebeck (1770-1831). He found that when part of a circuit made up of two different metals is heated, a magnetic needle would be deflected if placed near the point at which the two metals meet. This is the
    Seebeck effect."

Now I suspect the Seebeck effect should be in the Maxwell Equations but is not to be found there.

And it has some appearances of being a Faraday-like law.

I will write a book on the Seebeck Effect for it unifies thermodynamics with electromagnetism.

The idea is that electricity is magnetic monopoles and thermal radiation is dipoles such as infrared radiation. And the semiconductor role is to separate the dipoles to make them monopoles. Note also, that since infrared are dipoles means they have to be
    closed loop circuit waves, not straight line arrows with front and rear as Old Physics sees EM spectrum.

AP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)