• Wow, I can't believe I agree with Sylvia on this one.

From Claudius Denk@21:1/5 to Sylvia Else on Thu Apr 20 08:32:10 2023
    On Tuesday, April 18, 2023 at 4:56:24 PM UTC-7, Sylvia Else wrote:
    On 19-Apr-23 7:35 am, Niek Sprakel wrote:
    Hi.

Is chatGPT right about this claim?

me:"in the delayed-choice quantum eraser variant of the double slit experiment, can the event of erasing the which-way information and the event of observing whether or not an interference pattern is detected behind the double-slit differ in the way
    they are sequentially observed from different perspectives?"

chatGPT:"Yes, in the delayed-choice quantum eraser experiment, the events of erasing the which-way information and observing the interference pattern can differ in the way they are sequentially observed from different perspectives.

This is because the experiment involves the use of entangled particles and quantum superposition, which can lead to counterintuitive results that are not predicted by classical physics. In particular, the experiment shows that the act of measurement
    can affect the behavior of the entangled particles, even retroactively, which means that the order of events can depend on the perspective of the observer.

For example, suppose we have two observers, A and B, who are observing the experiment from different positions. If observer A is closer to the double-slit apparatus, they may observe the interference pattern before the which-way information is erased,
    while observer B, who is further away, may observe the which-way information being erased before the interference pattern appears. This is because the entangled particles are not subject to classical causality and can exhibit non-local behavior that
    depends on the measurement process.

In summary, the delayed-choice quantum eraser experiment involves counterintuitive phenomena that challenge our classical understanding of causality, and the order of events can depend on the perspective of the observer."
    The delay-choice quantum eraser experiment is routinely misconstrued.

An import aspect concerns the interference pattern, or lack of it. Specifically, no interference pattern ever appears on a screen. Rather,
    the interference patterns are computationally derived from the recorded data. Don't record the correct data, because it got erased, and you
    cannot derive an interference patten.

While the outcomes are as predicted by quantum mechanics, the stuff
    about causality is hype, and when one gets a proper understanding of
    what the experiment is about, it is decidedly underwhelming.

Sylvia.

Wow, I can't believe I agree with Sylvia on this one.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Jim Pennino@21:1/5 to Claudius Denk on Thu Apr 20 09:18:36 2023
    Claudius Denk <claudiusdenk@gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

Wow, I can't believe I agree with Sylvia on this one.

Even a busted clock is right twice a day...

Yet, as usual, your delusionally insane crackpottery led you to post
    this twice,

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)