• Imaginary math produces imaginary results.

From Claudius Denk@21:1/5 to Jim Pennino on Sun Mar 26 10:20:34 2023
    On Saturday, March 25, 2023 at 9:01:12 PM UTC-7, Jim Pennino wrote:
    mitchr...@gmail.com <mitchr...@gmail.com> wrote:
    On Saturday, March 25, 2023 at 12:31:08 PM UTC-7, Jim Pennino wrote:
    They knew how to name it right.
    Square roots don't apply to quantities
    that don't even exist. There is no
    quantity below zero to use a square
    root operation with.

Mitchell Raemsch
    Yet it is used every day in real world applications but you would not
    know that as your math understanding is 3rd grade at best moron.

There is no below zero. math has convinced itself that its imaginary
    makes it important. There is no solution for the i formula.
    Stop moving your i around jim. It does not change your "imaginary" plane.

Mitchell Raemsch
    Confused, meaningless, moron babble.

Imaginary math produces imaginary results. Dumb, gullible people believe this nonsense.

People that believe in imaginary math are unable to show that it is useful. But when asked they will demonstrate that it is internally consistent and declare victory.

There is a world of Jim Penninos out there that are happy to prretend to understand what actually makes no sense.

Claudius Denk

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Jim Pennino@21:1/5 to Claudius Denk on Sun Mar 26 10:43:50 2023
    Claudius Denk <claudiusdenk@gmail.com> wrote:
    On Saturday, March 25, 2023 at 9:01:12 PM UTC-7, Jim Pennino wrote:
    On Saturday, March 25, 2023 at 12:31:08 PM UTC-7, Jim Pennino wrote:
    They knew how to name it right.
    Square roots don't apply to quantities
    that don't even exist. There is no
    quantity below zero to use a square
    root operation with.

Mitchell Raemsch
    Yet it is used every day in real world applications but you would not
    know that as your math understanding is 3rd grade at best moron.

There is no below zero. math has convinced itself that its imaginary
    makes it important. There is no solution for the i formula.
    Stop moving your i around jim. It does not change your "imaginary" plane. >> >
    Mitchell Raemsch
    Confused, meaningless, moron babble.

Imaginary math produces imaginary results. Dumb, gullible people believe this nonsense.

People that believe in imaginary math are unable to show that it is useful. But when asked they will demonstrate that it is internally consistent and declare victory.

There is a world of Jim Penninos out there that are happy to prretend to understand what actually makes no sense.

Claudius Denk Delusionally Insane Crackpot

And once again the delusionally insane crackpot posts his delusional
    nonsense twice.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Joel Davidson@21:1/5 to Claudius Denk on Sun Mar 26 19:42:33 2023
    On 2023-03-26 1:20 PM, Claudius Denk wrote:

You might try Googling: electrical engineering complex numbers .
    Or: polarization complex numbers .

--
    This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software.
    www.avg.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Paul Alsing@21:1/5 to Joel Davidson on Sun Mar 26 19:38:21 2023
    On Sunday, March 26, 2023 at 4:42:40 PM UTC-7, Joel Davidson wrote:

Well, since you suggested it, I asked an AI source, pasted here...

"In electrical engineering, complex numbers are often used to represent sinusoidal waveforms and the behavior of electrical circuits.

A complex number is a number of the form a + bi, where a and b are real numbers, and i is the imaginary unit, which is defined as the square root of -1.

In electrical engineering, complex numbers are often used to represent voltages, currents, and impedances in AC circuits. For example, the voltage across a resistor R with current i flowing through it can be represented as V = iR, where V and i are
    complex numbers.

The magnitude of a complex number is given by its absolute value, which is the square root of the sum of the squares of its real and imaginary parts. The phase of a complex number is given by the angle it makes with the real axis when plotted in the
    complex plane.

The behavior of circuits with capacitors and inductors can also be represented using complex numbers. The impedance of a capacitor is given by Z = -j/(wC), where j is the imaginary unit, w is the frequency of the AC signal, and C is the capacitance.
    Similarly, the impedance of an inductor is given by Z = jwL, where L is the inductance.

By using complex numbers, it is possible to perform calculations involving AC circuits using the same algebraic rules as for real numbers. This makes it easier to analyze and design circuits, especially those with multiple components."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Claudius Denk@21:1/5 to Paul Alsing on Sun Mar 26 23:26:11 2023
    On Sunday, March 26, 2023 at 7:38:25 PM UTC-7, Paul Alsing wrote:

"In electrical engineering, complex numbers are often used to represent sinusoidal waveforms and the behavior of electrical circuits.

A complex number is a number of the form a + bi, where a and b are real numbers, and i is the imaginary unit, which is defined as the square root of -1.

In electrical engineering, complex numbers are often used to represent voltages, currents, and impedances in AC circuits. For example, the voltage across a resistor R with current i flowing through it can be represented as V = iR, where V and i are
    complex numbers.

The magnitude of a complex number is given by its absolute value, which is the square root of the sum of the squares of its real and imaginary parts. The phase of a complex number is given by the angle it makes with the real axis when plotted in the
    complex plane.

The behavior of circuits with capacitors and inductors can also be represented using complex numbers. The impedance of a capacitor is given by Z = -j/(wC), where j is the imaginary unit, w is the frequency of the AC signal, and C is the capacitance.
    Similarly, the impedance of an inductor is given by Z = jwL, where L is the inductance.

By using complex numbers, it is possible to perform calculations involving AC circuits using the same algebraic rules as for real numbers. This makes it easier to analyze and design circuits, especially those with multiple components."

So, it's a "representation"

What do you think this means?

Claudius Denk / Genius

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Jim Pennino@21:1/5 to Claudius Denk on Mon Mar 27 05:55:51 2023

complex numbers.

complex plane.

If you were not terrified to read any books you would know that ALL
    math is a "representation".

That you would think this way means you are an uneducated delusional
    crackpot.

Claudius Denk / Delusionally Insane Crackpot

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Joel Davidson@21:1/5 to Claudius Denk on Mon Mar 27 15:01:49 2023
    On 2023-03-27 2:26 AM, Claudius Denk wrote:

That your assertion that complex math isn't useful is simply wrong, and
    trivial to prove false by very easy searching.

You said that it "makes no sense". That's on you. Some people assert
    that irrational numbers - numbers that go on forever with no repeating
    pattern, numbers that can't be represented by fractions - "make no
    sense". Nevertheless, the ratio of a circle's circumference to its
    radius or diameter, and the ratio of the length of a square's diagonal
    to the length of its side, are irrational. That's the way our universe
    works.

Some people make the same kinds of claim about relativity: that it
    isn't useful, or true, or that it makes no sense. Nevertheless, our
    universe keeps chugging along, and Einstein's equations are the best
    model we've got yet for that aspect of how it works.

--
    www.avg.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From mitchrae3323@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Jim Pennino on Mon Mar 27 11:16:47 2023
    On Monday, March 27, 2023 at 6:01:10 AM UTC-7, Jim Pennino wrote:
    Claudius Denk <claudi...@gmail.com> wrote:

complex numbers.

complex plane.

That you would think this way means you are an uneducated delusional crackpot.

The i formula has no solution. That is why math named it right.
    It is something they manipulate... but only in their imagination...

Mitchell Raemsch

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Jim Pennino@21:1/5 to mitchr...@gmail.com on Mon Mar 27 12:43:52 2023
    mitchr...@gmail.com <mitchrae3323@gmail.com> wrote:

complex numbers.

The magnitude of a complex number is given by its absolute value, which is the square root of the sum of the squares of its real and imaginary parts. The phase of a complex number is given by the angle it makes with the real axis when plotted in
    the complex plane.

crackpot.

Uneducated, babbling, word salad nonsense.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Volney@21:1/5 to mitchr...@gmail.com on Mon Mar 27 16:58:48 2023
    On 3/27/2023 2:16 PM, mitchr...@gmail.com wrote:

crackpot.

Roy, you just proved Jim's point. You are an uneducated delusional
    crackpot. And that you flunked fourth grade math.

BTW i isn't a formula with no solution. i is the solution to the formula
    x^2 = -1. (-i is also a solution).

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Claudius Denk@21:1/5 to Joel Davidson on Mon Mar 27 18:23:20 2023
    On Monday, March 27, 2023 at 12:02:01 PM UTC-7, Joel Davidson wrote:

That your assertion that complex math isn't useful

I never said this.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Claudius Denk@21:1/5 to Jim Pennino on Mon Mar 27 18:26:41 2023

complex numbers.

complex plane.

Fortunately, not all math is an imaginary representation.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From mitchrae3323@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Claudius Denk on Mon Mar 27 18:46:20 2023
    On Monday, March 27, 2023 at 6:26:44 PM UTC-7, Claudius Denk wrote:
    On Sunday, March 26, 2023 at 4:42:40 PM UTC-7, Joel Davidson wrote: >>

In electrical engineering, complex numbers are often used to represent voltages, currents, and impedances in AC circuits. For example, the voltage across a resistor R with current i flowing through it can be represented as V = iR, where V and i
    are complex numbers.

The magnitude of a complex number is given by its absolute value, which is the square root of the sum of the squares of its real and imaginary parts. The phase of a complex number is given by the angle it makes with the real axis when plotted in
    the complex plane.

The behavior of circuits with capacitors and inductors can also be represented using complex numbers. The impedance of a capacitor is given by Z = -j/(wC), where j is the imaginary unit, w is the frequency of the AC signal, and C is the
    capacitance. Similarly, the impedance of an inductor is given by Z = jwL, where L is the inductance.

The complex plane is. Stop moving your i around...
    it does nothing...

Mitchell Raemsch

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Jim Pennino@21:1/5 to Claudius Denk on Mon Mar 27 21:23:53 2023

complex numbers.

the complex plane.

Fortunately, most people are not delusionally insane crackpots denying
    reality and understand that imaginary in imaginary math does not mean
    what you think in means.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Jim Pennino@21:1/5 to mitchr...@gmail.com on Mon Mar 27 21:24:17 2023
    mitchr...@gmail.com <mitchrae3323@gmail.com> wrote:
    On Monday, March 27, 2023 at 6:26:44 PM UTC-7, Claudius Denk wrote:
    On Sunday, March 26, 2023 at 4:42:40 PM UTC-7, Joel Davidson wrote: >> > >>

In electrical engineering, complex numbers are often used to represent voltages, currents, and impedances in AC circuits. For example, the voltage across a resistor R with current i flowing through it can be represented as V = iR, where V and i
    are complex numbers.

the complex plane.

The behavior of circuits with capacitors and inductors can also be represented using complex numbers. The impedance of a capacitor is given by Z = -j/(wC), where j is the imaginary unit, w is the frequency of the AC signal, and C is the
    capacitance. Similarly, the impedance of an inductor is given by Z = jwL, where L is the inductance.

The complex plane is. Stop moving your i around...
    it does nothing...

Gibberish.

Mitchell Raemsch

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Joel Davidson@21:1/5 to Claudius Denk on Tue Mar 28 12:48:47 2023
    On 2023-03-27 9:23 PM, Claudius Denk wrote:

I never said this.

Imaginary math produces imaginary results. Dumb, gullible people
    believe this nonsense.

People that believe in imaginary math are unable to show that it is
    useful. But when asked they will demonstrate that it is internally
    consistent and declare victory.

There is a world of Jim Penninos out there that are happy to
    prretend to understand what actually makes no sense.

*Ahem.* I quoted that in my first message to you in this thread.
    Your snipping it when you replied to me doesn't make it disappear.

--
    www.avg.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Solving Tornadoes@21:1/5 to Joel Davidson on Tue Mar 28 10:13:39 2023
    On Tuesday, March 28, 2023 at 9:48:59 AM UTC-7, Joel Davidson wrote:
    On 2023-03-27 9:23 PM, Claudius Denk wrote:

I never said this.
    Imaginary math produces imaginary results. Dumb, gullible people
    believe this nonsense.

People that believe in imaginary math are unable to show that it is
    useful. But when asked they will demonstrate that it is internally consistent and declare victory.

There is a world of Jim Penninos out there that are happy to
    prretend to understand what actually makes no sense.
    *Ahem.* I quoted that in my first message to you

Read what you wrote carefully.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05