• God bless "Bus driver helps rescue sheep from busy Sussex road" BBC// S

From Archimedes Plutonium@21:1/5 to All on Fri Mar 3 21:11:10 2023
    I love animal and plant stories on BBC. Good ones make my day. In a world where animals and plants are hurting and going extinct.

So I especially like this story of Martine Patey on her first day of bus driving, stopping to lasso a lost sheep on the motorway, and putting the sheep onto the bus then driving it home where it belonged. Martine probably saved the life of that sheep,
    and perhaps human life if they crashed.

So many people in modern life take the attitude of -- oh well, and drive on by. Not Martine-- thanks.

God bless "Bus driver helps rescue sheep from busy Sussex road" BBC// Science Council Rules Earth

AP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Archimedes Plutonium@21:1/5 to All on Tue Mar 7 13:37:04 2023
    God bless you Mohammad Arif, for the saving of that pretty crane. It is marvellous of how intelligent birds are, yet with such a small head. I remember reports that hummingbirds are some of the most intelligent of all animals given the size of their
    brain relative to body mass. Thanks Mr. Arif for your story makes my day, a life on Earth that much better because of people like you.

--- quoting BBC ---
    The crane which refuses to leave its human saviour

The crane which refuses to leave its human saviour
    Close
    About one year ago Mohammad Arif found an injured Sarus crane in his field in India's Uttar Pradesh state. He took the bird home and nursed it back to health.
    He thought the crane would return to the wild once its injuries healed, but instead, it stayed on - the crane rarely leaves his side as this video shows.
    "It flies away on some days, but always returns by sunset."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Archimedes Plutonium@21:1/5 to All on Fri Mar 17 18:31:11 2023
    I love seeing stories like this, the goodness of humanity towards animals. Here is a story of Singapore veterinarians making 6 penguins see again from cataracts.

--- quoting BBC ---
    A quick 30km drive later, the three king penguins and three Humboldt penguins had arrived at a clinic in Singapore's east.
    There, a five-person veterinary team were waiting to perform a delicate eye procedure, thought to be a world first for penguins.
    The sextet underwent the removal of the cloudy lenses caused by cataracts - a common age-related condition that develops in geriatric animals and hinders their vision - before receiving custom-made intraocular lens implants.
    --- end quote ---

God bless you Singapore for making 6 penguins see again-- BBC// Science Council Rules Earth

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Archimedes Plutonium@21:1/5 to All on Thu Apr 6 13:39:16 2023
    God bless Imam Walid Mehsas while praying Taraweeh, when a cat jumped on him to his shoulder during prayer, and Imam treating the cat with full respect.

News and film clip on BBC "Cat jumps on imam leading Ramadan prayers in Algeria"

Recently I lost my beloved cat Bell due to age and kitten miscarriage.

God bless those that treat animals with respect and dignity.

God bless you imam Walid Mehsas-- BBC// Science Council Rules Earth

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05