• Homopolar Motor 2

From Douglas Goncz A.A.S. M.E.T. 1990@21:1/5 to All on Thu Mar 23 23:59:01 2023
    --00000000000097a51505f79d6ab4
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"

I'm sorry I'm having trouble replying to my own post and those of other
    writers in this news group using Google groups.

My thinking tends toward rather divergent novel posts anyway which are difficult to relate to previous posts so it's not a total loss of advantage.

Today I have a significant development to report in my efforts to construct
    a homopolar bicycle hub suitable for deceleration, theft resistance,
    potential energy capture, and limited maneuvering assistance such as
    driving the outside wheel in a very sharp turn on tough terrain, and
    backing a tricycle up which is a feature that almost no tricycles have and
    I mean human power tricycles here human electric hybrid tricycles.

So that said the homopolar makes use of the generator term in the faradays
    law I stated in my other post on Maxwell's equations and faradays law. The generator term is the positive term in the sum for e the electric motive
    force. The alternator term is the negative term in that sum.

Well I've been tinkering with a small machine tool using a plastic chuck
    called the unimant one. I've owned one since 1987. I've gripped a small
    ring magnet made of neodymium iron boron alloy in the three jaw chuck on my machines tiny headstock which is separable from the rest of the machinery.
    Then what happened that is the development is this:

I had been toying with the idea of using a plastic core armature to measure voltage induced by spinning the magnet rapidly with the driver motor from
    the unimat. I gave up that idea. I ordered an inductor stock from Digi key
    and it has a ferret core which is fairly strongly attracted by the magnet
    on the chuck.

Well what happened today is I realized that if I insert plastic sheet or washers between the magnet and the ferrite inductor I can establish a
    uniform gap with variable friction and explore and plot and that is the
    crucial part of many scientific and diverse, plot out the relationship
    between the gap and a limiting current plotted on the y dependent axis
    which would be the current at which the things stops being stalled assuming that I can get any motion at all and that the heat does not melt the
    plastic.

So I really wanted to share this with you all in case I need one has
    explored homopolar motors in the physics lab. One vendor and I believe they
    are in Czechoslovakia provides a homopolar motor disproof kit which
    establishes that no EMF is generated even when the magnets rotate. I don't
    have that kit so I can't report on the null result.

A fully developed homopolar bicycle hub motor would have North Pole facing North Pole with a gap between, and an armature wound with a toroidal form having some turns of wire, the core of the armature being a soft magnetic material. Other components made of soft magnetic material would complete
    the magnetic circuit and ferrofluid can be added to increase that
    completion effect. In I am nowhere near there.

But I am making progress and I do like to report progress.

Douglas goncz
    Replikon Research

--00000000000097a51505f79d6ab4
    Content-Type: text/html; charset="UTF-8"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir="auto">I&#39;m sorry I&#39;m having trouble replying to my own post and those of other writers in this news group using Google groups.<div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">My thinking tends toward rather divergent novel posts anyway which
    are difficult to relate to previous posts so it&#39;s not a total loss of advantage.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">Today I have a significant development to report in my efforts to construct a homopolar bicycle hub suitable for
    deceleration, theft resistance, potential energy capture, and limited maneuvering assistance such as driving the outside wheel in a very sharp turn on tough terrain, and backing a tricycle up which is a feature that almost no tricycles have and I mean
    human power tricycles here human electric hybrid tricycles.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">So that said the homopolar makes use of the generator term in the faradays law I stated in my other post on Maxwell&#39;s equations and faradays
    law. The generator term is the positive term in the sum for e the electric motive force. The alternator term is the negative term in that sum.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">Well I&#39;ve been tinkering with a small machine tool using a
    plastic chuck called the unimant one. I&#39;ve owned one since 1987. I&#39;ve gripped a small ring magnet made of neodymium iron boron alloy in the three jaw chuck on my machines tiny headstock which is separable from the rest of the machinery. Then what
    happened that is the development is this:</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">I had been toying with the idea of using a plastic core armature to measure voltage induced by spinning the magnet rapidly with the driver motor from the unimat. I
    gave up that idea. I ordered an inductor stock from Digi key and it has a ferret core which is fairly strongly attracted by the magnet on the chuck.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">Well what happened today is I realized that if I insert
    plastic sheet or washers between the magnet and the ferrite inductor I can establish a uniform gap with variable friction and explore and plot and that is the crucial part of many scientific and diverse, plot out the relationship between the gap and a
    limiting current plotted on the y dependent axis which would be the current at which the things stops being stalled assuming that I can get any motion at all and that the heat does not melt the plastic.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">So I
    really wanted to share this with you all in case I need one has explored homopolar motors in the physics lab. One vendor and I believe they are in Czechoslovakia provides a homopolar motor disproof kit which establishes that no EMF is generated even when
    the magnets rotate. I don&#39;t have that kit so I can&#39;t report on the null result.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">A fully developed homopolar bicycle hub motor would have North Pole facing North Pole with a gap between, and an
    armature wound with a toroidal form having some turns of wire, the core of the armature being a soft magnetic material. Other components made of soft magnetic material would complete the magnetic circuit and ferrofluid can be added to increase that
    completion effect. In I am nowhere near there.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">But I am making progress and I do like to report progress.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">Douglas goncz</div><div dir="
    auto">Replikon Research</div></div>

--00000000000097a51505f79d6ab4--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Douglas Eagleson@21:1/5 to All on Fri Mar 24 23:52:07 2023
    On Friday, March 24, 2023 at 5:24:27=E2=80=AFPM UTC+8, Douglas Goncz A.A.S=
    . M.E.T. 1990 wrote:
    [[Mod. note -- 53 excessively-quoted lines snipped here. -- jt]]

This reply is just a comment about a dream I have also. In my
    schedule of things is to get advice about a drone motion power system.
    The drone is supposed to be flown to a location just above a tower
    system of high tension power lines. At a near distance the ac electric
    field just might have enough power to cause drone linear motion. I
    would need to, I believe, make a coil system that causes a linear motion alternator. I believe the main issue is how to state the imaginary
    component of the field. Like in an alternator. The force as effect is
    an issue. Can I just make a generator field and AC or DC power a
    propeller. Or can the coil magnet system directly cause repulsive force
    in the flight direction.

I can't reply as a theorist, but my impression is the amazing existence
    of an alternator.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)