• relax and fix help

From melekrodoplu@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jun 18 12:06:47 2017
    Hello everybody ,

I need help for relax and fıx heuristic. I solved my model on CPLEX and trying to apply fix and relax heuristic with ILOG flow control.
    In this heuristic, we divide the plannıng horizon into periods. For initial solutıon , we divide it ınto two parts , ın the first part the binary varıables stays binary as in the original model but the second part they are relaxed and we solve the
    model and get the initial feasıble solutıon. Lets say we have 5 perıods , for the first 2 perıods , I have left them bınary and converted to continous for the remaining 3 periods. Under these conditions, I got first feasıble solutıon and fix the
    binary varıable for the first perıod: Next iteration , I wıll use bınary varıable for the followıng two perıods perıods again (whıch are 2. and 3.) and left them continuous for 4.5. perıods and I will solve it with the same fashion until the
    end of the horizon .

But , I do not know, how to do ıt on Cplex, which features to use , I mean how can I convert the variable types from boolean to continuous or vice versa? I have been researchıng on the ınternet for weeks but still could not find and feel desperate
    and need help

Can you please give me an example ?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)