• Is anyone using Chaos Data Analyzer software?

From roy.debarshi@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Nov 1 05:29:48 2016
    Is there any other program for chaos data analysis especially in the behavioural sciences ? I found that Matlab also has module for chaos data ? Can anyone touch base with me on this ?

regards
    Debarshi ( roy.debarshi@gmail.com)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From cwkulp@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 2 05:38:38 2016
    I am not in the behavioral sciences, but I do a lot of time series analysis work. One package I find useful is the TISEAN (link below) package developed by Hegger, Kantz, and Schrieber. There is a paper associated with the package that you can find in
    the link. In addition, Kantz and Schrieiber have written a book as well (also in the link).

The source files for the programs are provided, you can compile them yourself or your can download binaries to run on Windows. On a Mac, you can install the package using Homebrew. Regardless, I use the command line to execute the programs. I have run
    the programs on both Mac (since Mavericks) and Windows (since Win ME) and have never had any issues.

I use primarily use TISEAN mostly for phase space reconstruction, Lyapunov exponents, and generating surrogate time series. For just about everything else, I write my own code.

I hope this is helpful.

Chris

link: http://www.mpipks-dresden.mpg.de/~tisean/Tisean_3.0.1/index.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)