• Safety Glasses and Crizal

From pearcetim93@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Tony Sivori on Tue Apr 12 11:07:12 2016
    On Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 10:40:02 AM UTC-4, Tony Sivori wrote:
    I work in a very dusty, and sometimes brutally dusty, fast paced
    production environment. I wear prescription polycarbonate safety glasses.

I have two problems with the glasses. They get rather badly scratched up from the frequent cleanings necessitated by the dust. I'm allowed a new
    pair every two years, and by the end of the two years they are badly scratched. I need to clean them at least three or four times per shift.

Worse, in very dry winter air, the frequent cleanings sometimes make a static charge on the plastic lenses. They will actually attract dust a
    few minutes after a cleaning. It can be incredibly annoying.

My company pays for safety glasses, but lens coatings are out of my own pocket. I can get Crizal Advance with Scotchguard for $80.

I've seen the claims for this product. Claims are one thing, actual performance is often another thing entirely. So my questions are:

Does Crizal noticeably reduce dust, smudges, and scratches, as advertised?

Will Crizal hold up to frequent cleanings? Due to the fast paced
    production environment, I have to clean them at a hand wash station,
    drying them with a paper towel, the kind commonly found in public
    restrooms.

Is the $80 a full or discounted price?

--
    Tony Sivori

I just chatted whit a lady at a Crizal distributor. I've been wondering the same thing. I like what I see about the Crizal on TV and I have a bad time with glare. She says the Poly Carbonate are preferred for safety glasses because of the strength of
    the plactic, durability. She would not answer my question about how the weather was there or what part of the country she was in.. I thought it was rather unbusiness like. So I guess the answer we are stuck with is no. We'll have to keep straining out
    eyes with these play glasses. I do have bifocal ones though.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)