• new glasses adjustment period

From art gal@21:1/5 to s.mc...@ntlworld.com on Fri Sep 2 10:04:08 2016
    On Tuesday, February 11, 2014 at 1:30:15 PM UTC-5, s.mc...@ntlworld.com wrote:
    Hi, I got some glasses today and I get the same trapezoidal distortion.

Reaching to put my pin in a swipe reader, the box was rhombus/diamond shape.

A laptop screen is approx correct at the top corners at base of vertical edges of the monitor are IN by about 1cm on each side.

The floor appears close and driving is like sitting on the road.

My kids look like dwarves.

Distance is fine, that is what they are single vision distance specs.

Hoya lenses via Vis expr, rectangular.

script
    L -1.50 axis 57
    R -1.25 axis 109

In the test they did not measure my Intermed dist or Near

Good anti reflect coat on both surfaces, hint of green reflection. Suspect they have multiple layers of AR - reasonable broadband coating.

Steve

I have the exact same thing with my new progressive lens (my fourth pair- I've never had this problem before). I have been back 4 times to the optician and to the eye doctor once. I changed to Verilux lens which are a bit better than the original lens
    from the store. The eye doctor said to try them for a week and to bring them back it if wasn't better. He said the optician should lower the line for reading which they did but I'm still having the problem of distortion. I also had an astigmatism in my
    left eye and aside from the other issues, things look tilted down on the right side when I look out of the glasses. I'm feeling a bit nauseous and am getting a slight headache so I hope things get better. Did you get used to the distortion?

Judy

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From cinciregularguy@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Mar 2 05:31:47 2016
    I just got new glasses. I think they measured the center point of my right eye wrong or they f***** up the lens.
    my cell phone screen looks like a parellagram \\ if I move the glasses slightly right so there is a gap on the right side of my nose they are fine.
    the nose prices are straight I could bend the left one way over but I don't want to. these were 580.00
    plus if I close my left eye shit looks blurry.

I tried my friends glasses which are strong but I can see the pixels in the text on my cell phone. with these I can't.
    I haven't ever wore glasses and I do not like these.

I paid for the best lens before I get to HD lenses. they are premium progressive transitions with anti glare.

I think they were in too big of hurry to go home that they rushed my exam. damnit.
    I can't even read tiny print on the back of the eye drop bottle.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From upallnyte279@gmail.com@21:1/5 to cincire...@gmail.com on Fri Aug 12 14:51:22 2016
    On Wednesday, March 2, 2016 at 8:31:49 AM UTC-5, cincire...@gmail.com wrote:
    I just got new glasses. I think they measured the center point of my right eye wrong or they f***** up the lens.
    my cell phone screen looks like a parellagram \\ if I move the glasses slightly right so there is a gap on the right side of my nose they are fine.
    the nose prices are straight I could bend the left one way over but I don't want to. these were 580.00
    plus if I close my left eye shit looks blurry.

I tried my friends glasses which are strong but I can see the pixels in the text on my cell phone. with these I can't.
    I haven't ever wore glasses and I do not like these.

I paid for the best lens before I get to HD lenses. they are premium progressive transitions with anti glare.

I think they were in too big of hurry to go home that they rushed my exam. damnit.
    I can't even read tiny print on the back of the eye drop bottle.

cincire...@gmail.com: I'm having the same problem that you are having. I just picked up my new progressive glasses from Sears Optical last night. When I look at my phone I see // but when I turn my head it moves to \\. I can see it warping as I move my
    head back & forth. My prescription is pretty simple - pretty much glorified reading glasses. I'm not sure what to make of the previous postings from years ago. My lenses are SR PG Ultralight Select EZCleAR. They have the anti-glare in the lens material
    so it's not supposed to wear off quickly as my previous way too expensive glasses did after a year and a half.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From prudhiv1947@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jun 14 08:59:35 2017
    On Wednesday, 31 October 2007 23:56:31 UTC+5:30, Avalon1178 wrote:
    Hi,

I recently got new glasses (basically new frames, but same
    prescription) after wearing my old ones for 3 years. Anyway, I know
    there's always an adjustment period, but I've never experienced like
    this one before (or maybe its been a while so I don't remember). The experience I"m getting is that the ground look closer than they
    normally appear, but the biggest nuisance is that objects that ought
    to be square look like "trapezoids" (the sides are slanted inward).
    This is annoying since I work on the computer a lot and my flat screen
    looks like a trapezoid (not pronounced trapezoid, but I can tell the difference) and the sides of the document are slanted inward. Does
    anyone know if this is normal? I called my optometrist and they
    suggested to wait a couple of days for my eyes to adjust and if it
    still happens again to come visit them. But I'm not sure if I'm just
    being paranoid or being overly concerned. Has anyone experienced
    this? Thanks.

Avalon

Avalon: Did those change the shapes after a week? Am I struggling with irregular shapes of objects due to new glasses since 5 days.. Please reply

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05