• New Glasses and warping

From meg.jonathan.meyers@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jun 4 14:43:09 2018
    So I have a question. I'm 36 and I've been wearing glasses since I was 2 years old. I'm very familiar with the adjustment period with new glasses. But i've never experienced anything like what I'm experiencing with my new glasses. I once had my frames
    repaired--and the repair left a spot on the lens that was "warped" that I couldn't see out of but it was in the periphery so I just ignored it. With my new glasses--it's as if the entire lens is warped. Everything is both slanted and blurry. I can see
    my hand in front of my face but no further. I felt like the optician blew me off saying this was normal adjustment--but I've never experienced anything like this!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From The Real Bev@21:1/5 to meg.jonathan.meyers@gmail.com on Mon Jun 4 21:30:43 2018
    On 06/04/2018 02:43 PM, meg.jonathan.meyers@gmail.com wrote:
    So I have a question. I'm 36 and I've been wearing glasses since I was 2 years old. I'm very familiar with the adjustment period with new glasses. But i've never experienced anything like what I'm experiencing with my new glasses. I once had my
    frames repaired--and the repair left a spot on the lens that was "warped" that I couldn't see out of but it was in the periphery so I just ignored it. With my new glasses--it's as if the entire lens is warped. Everything is both slanted and blurry. I
    can see my hand in front of my face but no further. I felt like the optician blew me off saying this was normal adjustment--but I've never experienced anything like this!

The guy just made them wrong. If the bastard won't admit it, take the
    glasses to your optometrist and ask if they're made to the prescription
    you were given. If they WERE, you have a problem with your optometrist
    :-( Good luck.

--
    Cheers, Bev
    "My dad used to say: Laugh, and the whole world laughs with you.
    Cry, and I'll give you something to cry about you little
    bastard." -Jeff Goldblum

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)