• How to cure spasm of accommodation after 3 years of trying?

From Nara Lee@21:1/5 to All on Mon May 21 23:39:02 2018
    For the past 3 years I haven't been able to study because I have been diagnosed with spasm of accommodation with the following symptoms:
    - After focusing for a few minutes, vision becomes vertically double (eg. while reading, watching movie, intense eye contact during conversations)
    - Tired, dry, stingy eyes
    - Headache starting from the eyes and forehead towards the whole head
    - Sometimes nausea if I force it longer
    - Also recently, slightly more sensitive to (artificial) light than usual

The eye clinics, neurologist and psychologists cannot find any problems in their tests. My eyes work fine except when I have to focus. I do need glasses of +0.5 for reading, but it doesn't relieve the spasms.

It started during a stressful period of deadlines during which I had to work on the computer for a long time without breaks.

I tried several treatments, such as:
    - dilation drops (atropin, irifrin, cyclopentolate)
    - eye exercises
    - exercising (yoga, swimming, fitness, dance)
    - neck/shoulder/back massages (10 sessions twice a year)
    - vitamins (multi, omega 3, luteine)
    - long breaks for my eyes
    - warm eye masks

Those are only effective for immediate relief, but not for long term. The fatigue always comes back after focusing again. That's why nowadays I am learning to live with it by using alternative methods for studying (eg. braille, screenreader software).
    However I hope I can heal my eyes soon.

My questions are:
    1. Are there any other treatments I could try?
    2. Which treatments that I have tried so far could have effect in longer term? 3. Is spasm of accommodation a correct diagnosis?
    4. Are there any other fields of medicine I could look into, since it does not seem to be a optical/neurological/psychological problem?
    5. Why are these symptoms still here after all these years? Is this a rare case? Will it ever go away? Can it get worse? Do I just need more patience?

Thank you so much in advance for your advice.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)