• Hair growing out of blob in the corner of the eye itself???

From nicolefox2145@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Oct 25 17:45:11 2017
    Pluck the little stiff white hairs coming out of that spot with a tweezers very carefully and you will feel better when the existing irritation heals. I've had to do the exact same thing twice in the last 6 years. Do not let the tweezers touch your eye
    or anything other than the hair. I was scared the first time, but I had to try something. It felt like that stiff hair was poking my lid or poking something back inside of that bump whatever it's called. Last time I had to do this was recent and there
    were two hairs. I have severe dry eye as well.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From csksrh@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Apr 8 18:02:45 2018
    I started some reoccurring light itching at the corner of my eyes around age 16 that came and went, my left eye being more a problem. It slowly became more of a problem throughout a few years as I started eating more organic and taking vitamins(made hair
    grow) and yes my eyes were developing more mucus around these itchy times. One day I told my now husbands Aunt about it when I was 19. She told me to look for hairs growing in the corner of my eyes and they are hard to see. She has been plucking hers for
    30+ years out of her eyes! Well, turns out I had about 4+ hairs in each near nose eye corners! I freaked out but glad she told me. I have been plucking once every few months or when I start noticing I'm fidgeting or wiping my eye allot and then I'm great
    once there out! I'm going on 24 years old and want to look into a professional removing these hairs cus I'm a health nut and that makes my hair grow quicker. ALSO it is important to sterilize your tweezers in alcohol, or on the go i will sometimes just
    burn the tip with a lighter. Try to pull out the WHOLE hair duct or seed end out(instead of breaking of f hairs) it will buy you more time between plucking

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From popova.rada@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun May 20 16:44:18 2018
    It is such a relief to read about this here. Everyone around me thinks I am crazy as no one sees anything (including 2 ophthalmologists) but I can clearly see two tiny hairs popping out of my eye in that same corner!. This is such an odd thing! I am 29
    and started having an irritated left eye about 6 months ago! Anyways, thank you for sharing!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From tntporkroll@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jun 6 08:09:11 2018
    I want to thank you so very much for posting this question and thank you so much for all who have answered.

I have been having problems with my left eye now for nearly a year with the stringy mucus and irritation that felt like something was sticking in my eye and while i slept it woke me feeling like the surface of my eye was peeling off. I would look
    directly into my eyeball with a flashlight and could never see anything. I don't have insurance or money on hand to go to the doctor and I have been getting worried because this happens seemingly once a week now. Well last night I guess the lighting from
    the flashlight hit the right glow onto the little hairs growing from caruncle and here I am looking for answers and came across this searching on Google. I know this post is old but none the less, Thank you for the tips i will get right on it lol ♥

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From kmstrauch55@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Mar 28 07:54:27 2019
    Wow! I just discovered this myself after four years of irritation and mucus in my right eye! Eye doctor said it was from touching the corner of my eye, getting the mucus out creating more mucus. Not! Plucked some lashes out and no more irritation and eye
    watering! I shall keep those lashes at bay!
    Plus he said dry eye was also causing the watering. But left eye is fine.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jmbbrad@sbcglobal.net@21:1/5 to All on Fri Mar 29 10:25:01 2019
    I’ve had this problem for many years. I simply use clean tweezers with a lighted magnified mirror and carefully pluck out the hairs, which has become more frequent as I’ve gotten older. I also have eye allergies that contribute to mucus
    collecting in the eye corner by the tear ducts, that’s usually present when I waken. I use a clean Kleenex or damp washcloth to remove the mucus and some days have to do this more than once during the day. Certain times of year it is worse than
    others. I also use Similisan Eye Drops frequently.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From doloresvally@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Apr 12 22:37:24 2019
    I use wax (ZIP available in hard blocks you can separate and melt) that is not applied hot but just warm enough to be pliable and surround the hairs before hardening enough to "rip" it away. It is amazing to take a magnifying glass and see the tuft of
    hair attached to the hardened piece of wax that was removed that you can't see with the naked eye.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From ann.badgwell@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Aug 7 15:42:28 2020
    I have it too. More so as I age. I try to just pluck them. I say try because mine are so fine it's difficult to get a hold of them. This is a common dog issue so you can find more info if you look it up for dogs.
    As for the gunk. Look up clogged tear ducts and treat for that. They are very painful and best to get that sorted out now before it gets really bad.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05