• Computer Screens and Hypnosis?

From stevendsnapp@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jun 16 06:54:42 2019
    On Sunday, April 14, 2002 at 10:10:48 AM UTC-7, RR wrote:
    I have a question that may sound a bit wacky (or it may be an old question) but I'll ask anyway. We all know that people in general seem to be addicted to watching television and, more recently, computers. I am wondering if anyone has heard of research into the possibility that the screen, whether T.V. or computer is actually having a hypnotic effect on the brain?

Have you ever noticed that when one videotapes a television program, that often the picture on the video comes out as moving up and down but was
    normal while being watched? I have wondered what possible subconscious effect this may have.

Well I also noticed one day, when I walked away from the computer, that on coming back and chancing to look at the screen through a glass window (several feet away from the computer) which had decorative lines on it, that behind these lines the screen was definitely vibrating. This I had not noticed before while sitting right in front of it. It is especially pronounced when the screen has a lot of white on it at the time.

For fun try videotaping the LCD of a stereo set or other electronic device then play it back. On the video the LCD will be moving rhythmically...

Without question , the lcd screen is hypnotizing you. Take your phone, take "burst " shots of the Google Home Page or GMAIL or youtube etc. I've done many test such as this and the most prominent phenomena is the left and right (one for each eye)
    spiraling effect ((((@))))((((@)))). See for yourself. Also after dismantling and dissecting several monitors and tvs , large and small, along with many digital cameras, I tell you , they have identical hardware and capabilities (digital cameras and
    digital displays) To monitor you while you monitor your program.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)