• Bleeding after a TURP

From alandsegal@gmail.com@21:1/5 to rharrisonn on Thu Feb 23 14:17:49 2017
    On Saturday, May 19, 2001 at 4:00:38 AM UTC-7, rharrisonn wrote:
    Does anyone know for how long bleeding is likel;y to
    continue after a TURP operation ?

I'm on my 29th day after turp surgery and I still have intermittent bleeding. I go a couple of days with no visible blood and then have a urgent/stinging pee with some blood. Also have a after pee burning that lasts longer than it seems it should, and
    is uncomfortable. I'm seeing my urologist tomorrow for 30 day post op visit, to make sure I don't have an infection. Otherwise the surgery seems to have worked. I'm 72. I had laser surgery when I was 62, but my prostrate grew back, after 5 years. So
    I went with Turp this time. If I could get rid of the intermittent blood and especially the after burn, I would be feeling pretty good about it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From DerekF@21:1/5 to alandsegal@gmail.com on Fri Feb 24 12:32:34 2017
    On 23/02/2017 22:17, alandsegal@gmail.com wrote:

I'm on my 29th day after turp surgery and I still have intermittent bleeding. I go a couple of days with no visible blood and then have a urgent/stinging pee with some blood. Also have a after pee burning that lasts longer than it seems it should, and
    is uncomfortable. I'm seeing my urologist tomorrow for 30 day post op visit, to make sure I don't have an infection. Otherwise the surgery seems to have worked. I'm 72. I had laser surgery when I was 62, but my prostrate grew back, after 5 years. So
    I went with Turp this time. If I could get rid of the intermittent blood and especially the after burn, I would be feeling pretty good about it.

TURP is famous for post operative bleeding. You should have gone for
    laser surgery again as I did nine years after my original GL PVP.
    This site is pretty dead nowadays have look at http://patient.info/forums/discuss/browse/prostate-problems-1772
    Derek

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From mike@21:1/5 to rharrisonn on Fri Dec 15 13:48:02 2017

I had my first turp 2015 second turp in 2017. It has been 5 1/2 months and passed major clots today. Dark blood in toilet and couldn't see the bottom of the toilet. Dr. says its normal and he is not concerned.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From malibusam2@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jun 21 19:56:30 2018
    Don't hurt or over work then blood and sore over yr later

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From perry.clisbee@gmail.com@21:1/5 to rharrisonn on Thu Jul 5 14:35:49 2018

Once or twice a year after I had a TURP in 2006. Still get bleeding and scabs in 2018.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From stormyronwhite@gmail.com@21:1/5 to rharrisonn on Mon Jan 21 17:09:52 2019
    On Saturday, May 19, 2001 at 6:00:38 AM UTC-5, rharrisonn wrote:

Up to two weeks is normal/average according to the studies I am accessing to consider my own TURP. In one case, bleeding is still occurring after 4 months. Our activity level is a big factor. Less activity=less bleeding. Another factor is blood thinning
    medications like Ibuprofen and others that cause blood thinning. If your bleeding continues too long, stop those meds.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From rc6417627@gmail.com@21:1/5 to rharrisonn on Tue Feb 5 18:20:00 2019
    On Saturday, May 19, 2001 at 7:00:38 AM UTC-4, rharrisonn wrote:

I had the turp surgery on a tuesday that next monday morning I peed a scab and then large amount of blood afterwards my pee was cloudy to clear, that night at 9pm felt like another scab was coming out but it was all blood and blood clots went to
    emergency room had to stop twice to relieve myself of blood clots cause the pain was unbearable as the hospital was 45mins. from my home at the hospital the bleeding was so bad had to throw away my pants had to stand and relieve myself of blood clots in
    emergency room they gave me two different pain medicine through IV wish neither help the pain they finaly inserted a catheter and admitted me had emergency surgery that morning Doc said my bladder was full of clots and bleeding was coming from a artery
    that the scab came off of they flushed my bladder for day and half and released me, it's been a week and no problems so far. hope this never happens to anyone else.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05