• How long does Zoladex last?

From jmclegg48@hotmail.co.uk@21:1/5 to Stan Johnstone on Tue Jun 25 02:16:52 2019
    On Sunday, November 26, 2006 at 9:21:09 AM UTC, Stan Johnstone wrote:
    My urologist prescribed 13.8mg implants of Zoladex at three-monthly intervals. After two implants which brough my madly escalating PSA from 33.6 down to about 25, and which time I had a course of radio therapy 18 months ago.

Meanwhile the Zoladex implants continued, and post radio treatment the PSA dropped below the 0.12 detectable level and has remained at that level ever since. However because of the side effects, I asked that the Zoladex implants cease at the beginning of this year (ie 10 months after the radio treatment) - the total dosage was six implants over a period of some 21 months.

I was told the Zoladex side effects should disappear in 6 to 9 months, and I "would feel like a new man". Well I haven't felt like a "new man" and I would be interested in the experience of others who have had the heavy doses of Zoladex over a short period, and to know how long it took for the side effects to completely wear off.

--
    Stan Johnstone
    http://member.melbpc.org.au/~stanj/
    Honorary Life Member - Melbourne PC User Group, Australia

Stan, I had my last Zoladex implant 17 months ago and was told I would be back to normal by November. Well that's come and gone and I've still got the huge belly and the sweats. Haven't had a proper night's sleep over 2 years, so which November did they
    mean? Is it a life sentence? Was hoping to get some answers, but it seems no-one really knows. One day they'll probably look back and laugh at how primitive our treatment was. Meanwhile, let's not forget, we're still here. Good luck, John.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)