• Myelofibrosis and non-regenerative anemia

From Laura Fenik@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jun 23 19:22:54 2020
    Greetings,

Our dear cat has been diagnosed with myelofibrosis and non-regenerative
    anemia. We've been to about six different veterinarians in three states.

We are currently in southwestern Pennsylvania. We've been to a veterinary hospital in Pittsburgh plenty of times. Our cat has had seven blood transfusions.

A bone marrow biopsy came back inconclusive due to scarring.

Does anyone know of how to grow red blood cells in a cat with the above
    two diseases? How about a cure for myelofibrosis?

Our female cat is almost seven years young. Subcutaneous darbepoetin has
    been tried unsuccessfully. Currently, our cat is on the following liquid medications via syringe: Sulcralfate, Omeprazole (Prilosec), Metronidazole (Flagyl), Prednisolone, Cyclosporine (Atopica), Mycophenolate, Gabapentin
    (as needed), Entyce (as needed), and subcutaneous fluids daily (Ringer's Lactate).

If anyone could provide answers or point me in the right direction, I'd
    greatly appreciate it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From ironjustice@21:1/5 to Laura Fenik on Sun Dec 5 03:02:15 2021
    On Tuesday, June 23, 2020 at 1:22:55 PM UTC-6, Laura Fenik wrote:
    Greetings,

Our dear cat has been diagnosed with myelofibrosis and non-regenerative anemia. We've been to about six different veterinarians in three states.

We are currently in southwestern Pennsylvania. We've been to a veterinary hospital in Pittsburgh plenty of times. Our cat has had seven blood transfusions.

A bone marrow biopsy came back inconclusive due to scarring.

Does anyone know of how to grow red blood cells in a cat with the above
    two diseases? How about a cure for myelofibrosis?

Our female cat is almost seven years young. Subcutaneous darbepoetin has
    been tried unsuccessfully. Currently, our cat is on the following liquid medications via syringe: Sulcralfate, Omeprazole (Prilosec), Metronidazole (Flagyl), Prednisolone, Cyclosporine (Atopica), Mycophenolate, Gabapentin
    (as needed), Entyce (as needed), and subcutaneous fluids daily (Ringer's Lactate).

If anyone could provide answers or point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it.

"iron chelation with deferasirox can cause the loss of transfusion dependency and may induce hematological responses, although the mechanisms through which deferasirox exerts this action are currently unknown"

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)