• Re: ACA in a woman from Pennsylvania - late Lyme disease - cutaneous ma

From lipanj7@21:1/5 to georgia on Sun Oct 17 23:09:09 2021
    On Saturday, September 6, 2014 at 10:16:05 AM UTC-4, georgia wrote:
    Cutis. 2010 May;85(5):247-52.
    Acrodermatitis chronica atrophicans: a case report and review of the literature.
    Smetanick MT1, Zellis SL, Ermolovich T.
    Author information

1Department of Dermatology, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine/Frankford Hospital, Pennsylvania, USA. msmet...@hotmail.com
    Abstract
    Acrodermatitis chronica atrophicans (ACA) is a rare tertiary manifestation of Lyme borreliosis, manifesting as inflammatory and atrophic lesions on acral skin. Although ACA rarely has been reported in the United States, it may be seen in approximately
    10% of European cases of Lyme borreliosis, most commonly associated with the genospecies Borrelia afzelii. We report a presumptive case of ACA involving an American woman from Pennsylvania with convincing clinical, histopathologic, and serologic findings.
    We also provide an overview of the history, epidemiology, pathogenesis, clinical and histopathologic presentation, and treatment of ACA.
    PMID: 20540415 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    GEORGIA,
    I HAVE THE FULL ARTICLE OF THIS WITH PHOTOS. I WOULD LIKE TO MESSAGE YOU SOMEHOW. I AM FROM ALLENTOWN WHERE THE DERM PLACE IS. I HAVE ACA LATE STAGE DIAGNOSED BY WHO WAS BEST DERM IN LEHIGH VALLEY. HE PASSED ON COUPLE OF YRS AGO. HE FIRST TREATED
    ME & DIAGNOSED MY LYME. HAS ME DOWN AS I HAVE ACA ETC AN UNUSUAL VARIATION OF LYME IN THIS COUNTRY. I GET NOW NON HEALING CHRONIC UGLY WOUNDS. IT IS JUST BUFFED OFF- COULD I CONTACT YOU, MY E IS marijuni71@aol.com I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU.
    YOU HAD SOME ARTICLES POSTED WAY BACK. ONE HAD IT CAN CAUSE NON HEALING WOUNDS ETC. MAYBE YOU COULD SEND IT TO ME - I HAVE SO MANY PAPERS. I DID PRINT IT. THANK YU VERY MUCH. HOPE YOU ARE DOING WELL. JUNE
    THE POLITICS IN THIS EVIL DISEASE IS SHAMEFUL AND EVIL.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)